• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalmaneser V

No need to get all personal, mate.

I don't know about 200k a week. The mess we're in not able to get rid of our deadwood is because of our poor wage structure (Elneny on 50k, Mustafi on 100k etc.). Ideally, you have 2-3 players at around 200k max and those are your core players.

Now, I highly rate Partey so I'm inclined to still say sign him up, but realistically we probably shouldn't do it for that money. There are probably smarter signings out there that would cost less money in total outlay.

I've mentioned Donny van de Beek before who would probably cost €40m in transfer fee and 100k in wages. Amortized that's €7.5m less a year for a 5 year contract.

There must be other all-round midfielders who'd be even cheaper, allowing us to spend more elsewhere.

Would take Van De Beek here for sure.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Are u dumb blud? A player of Partey's quality willing to move to a Europa League club gets £200k a week, if that's what he wants.

Blud? What does that mean in English. Please explain it to me.

If you are going to start giving every player 200k a week to join us we are going to have huge problems down the line.

Hes getting 80k a week now. Is double your money not enough?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No need to get all personal, mate.

I don't know about 200k a week. The mess we're in not able to get rid of our deadwood is because of our poor wage structure (Elneny on 50k, Mustafi on 100k etc.). Ideally, you have 2-3 players at around 200k max and those are your core players.

Now, I highly rate Partey so I'm inclined to still say sign him up, but realistically we probably shouldn't do it for that money. There are probably smarter signings out there that would cost less money in total outlay.

I've mentioned Donny van de Beek before who would probably cost €40m in transfer fee and 100k in wages. Amortized that's €7.5m less a year for a 5 year contract.

There must be other all-round midfielders who'd be even cheaper, allowing us to spend more elsewhere.

There is surely. 200k a week is a huge amount for a defensive minded midfielder. People saying he isnt a defensive midfielder but he isnt putting up 7-8 goals a season and 5-6 assists and he is none for his tackling and all action style.

For him at 27 this actually may be his last big contract so he is likely to want to milk it for all he can. I get that. But I cannot see why a player who is on 80k a week before tax and wants to play in the best league in the world wouldnt be happy with 150k before tax.

Its double the money not an extra couple of grand.

A player who is earning 80k should never be bouncing straight up to 200k like that. We have seen it before signing players who were on 30k a week at old clubs and throwing them on 100k contracts and having problems moving them on.

We need to be smarter. I'm all for Partey but the club have to be smart in what they offer. If not every signing who is going to be a first team player is going to want a minimum of 150k a week.

Imagine Partey comes in on 200k a week and the likes of Tierney maybe on 60-70k? Wont be long to he says. What about me.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

There is surely. 200k a week is a huge amount for a defensive minded midfielder. People saying he isnt a defensive midfielder but he isnt putting up 7-8 goals a season and 5-6 assists and he is none for his tackling and all action style.

For him at 27 this actually may be his last big contract so he is likely to want to milk it for all he can. I get that. But I cannot see why a player who is on 80k a week before tax and wants to play in the best league in the world wouldnt be happy with 150k before tax.

Its double the money not an extra couple of grand.

A player who is earning 80k should never be bouncing straight up to 200k like that. We have seen it before signing players who were on 30k a week at old clubs and throwing them on 100k contracts and having problems moving them on.

We need to be smarter. I'm all for Partey but the club have to be smart in what they offer. If not every signing who is going to be a first team player is going to want a minimum of 150k a week.

Imagine Partey comes in on 200k a week and the likes of Tierney maybe on 60-70k? Wont be long to he says. What about me.

Of course they have to be smart. Partey is a bargain for 50 million euros with his level. I'd say he might be worth 20 million more, but he has a release clause.

Another thing is that we try to get rid of Torreira & Guendouzi. Also Ceballos is not certain now. So we really need Partey, he has the qualities & experience to improve us straight away.

He is in a good UCL team. Not easy to get him to UEL team. Money has the pull to do it.

So if he wants to come into UEL team (and we really need him with no similar options available) and is 20 million cheaper than his real value, how much wages do you think we could/need to pay more for him per week than normal?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Of course they have to be smart. Partey is a bargain for 50 million euros with his level. I'd say he might be worth 20 million more, but he has a release clause.

Another thing is that we try to get rid of Torreira & Guendouzi. Also Ceballos is not certain now. So we really need Partey, he has the qualities & experience to improve us straight away.

He is in a good UCL team. Not easy to get him to UEL team. Money has the pull to do it.

So if he wants to come into UEL team (and we really need him with no similar options available) and is 20 million cheaper than his real value, how much wages do you think we could/need to pay more for him per week than normal?

What I'm saying is.

If he wants to play in the best league in the world. If he wants to play for Arsenal and help bring us back up a level. If he wants more exposure as a player and possibly more sponsorship opportunities then 150k should be enough.

Now if the above package isnt enough then stay at Madrid.

No other team wants him. We are his only option going by all reports. So if he really wants to do more in his career doubling your money to achieve it should be enough.

If it isnt then the reasons for joining are not what we need. We are taking for granted he is just going to take us up a level. While the chances are likely nobody knows.

Ndombele looked made for the PL. Sp**s gave him 200k a week and look at the problems they are having.

I want Partey dont get me wrong. But I dont want him to pull our pants down and say I will only join you if you treble my wages. Then it means the move is only money orientated and nothing else.

If Partey is going to be on 200k a week we may get 400k a week ready for Auba.

drippin

What I'm saying is.

If he wants to play in the best league in the world. If he wants to play for Arsenal and help bring us back up a level. If he wants more exposure as a player and possibly more sponsorship opportunities then 150k should be enough.

Now if the above package isnt enough then stay at Madrid.

No other team wants him. We are his only option going by all reports. So if he really wants to do more in his career doubling your money to achieve it should be enough.

If it isnt then the reasons for joining are not what we need. We are taking for granted he is just going to take us up a level. While the chances are likely nobody knows.

Ndombele looked made for the PL. Sp**s gave him 200k a week and look at the problems they are having.

I want Partey dont get me wrong. But I dont want him to pull our pants down and say I will only join you if you treble my wages. Then it means the move is only money orientated and nothing else.

If Partey is going to be on 200k a week we may get 400k a week ready for Auba.

Well he can easily make a new deal with Atletico and keep performing in UCL there. Of course money is not the only reason for coming here, but currently Arsenal is not an upgrade for him.

We are not in a strong position to make demands or say take it or leave it. Especially when 3 of our midfielders look like going.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Well he can easily make a new deal with Atletico and keep performing in UCL there. Of course money is not the only reason for coming here, but currently Arsenal is not an upgrade for him.

We are not in a strong position to make demands or say take it or leave it. Especially when 3 of our midfielders look like going.

Doubling someones salary and securing their future for 5 years while giving them the opportunity to play in the PL is hardly making unreasonable demands. If he doesnt want to play for the club let's move on. If CL football and 80k a week is better than EL, PL and 150k a week then stay at AM. No problem.

drippin

Doubling someones salary and securing their future for 5 years while giving them the opportunity to play in the PL is hardly making unreasonable demands. If he doesnt want to play for the club let's move on. If CL football and 80k a week is better than EL, PL and 150k a week then stay at AM. No problem.

How can you be certain other teams are not interested? What if Arsenal has talked to Partey and said they will pay him more than others, so then he chose us?

Anyway, no point in talking more about this. To me we are lucky someone of his level wants to come here at this point from Atletico, and his price is a bargain, so the wages are not an issue.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Fraudstein? The tax law was changed a few years ago and players don’t have to pay tax anymore if they pay their own release clause.

“Law experts in Spain” :lol: Took me two minutes of googling.

“‎Law experts in Spain tell ⁧‫#جرس_أرسنال‬⁩ That the club will not need to pay any tax if it activates the release clause in the Thomas Partey contract after the competent authorities, some time ago, amended Clause 7.5 in the Value Added Tax Law and Article 33.1 in the Personal Income Tax Law in the country.“

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
“Law experts in Spain” :lol: Took me two minutes of googling.

“‎Law experts in Spain tell ⁧‫#جرس_أرسنال‬⁩ That the club will not need to pay any tax if it activates the release clause in the Thomas Partey contract after the competent authorities, some time ago, amended Clause 7.5 in the Value Added Tax Law and Article 33.1 in the Personal Income Tax Law in the country.“

When you're desperate for content but Parteys family and the Ghanaian press blocked you on the gram.

HomeSteak

Established Member
Stop posting **** from The AFC Bell. Why do people take that guy serious? He has legit never had one real news.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Stop posting **** from The AFC Bell. Why do people take that guy serious? He has legit never had one real news.
People say that he reported the first bid for Partey two weeks before the mainstream press. Not sure how true that is but his credibility is based on that, at least for his advocates.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
AFC bell are in contact with some very reliable people, had extensive talks with Ornstein last summer. They are close to the people involved in the Partey deal and have so far got things right on it, for now you believe them.

They also said Willian will be announced today and Auba on Friday. So lets see.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Because they grew up in a different area to you and that's all they know? Like people from Newcastle saying certain things, bit of a crappy comment by you mate.

No it's not crappy at all. Newcastle or Liverpudlian slang is one thing. Running around shouting Blud like some kind of ***** cause they've watch AFTV is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom