• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Nasty little virgins.

Yeah maybe my comments comes off as way more misogynistic as intended, was not my intention. Thought there was a decent analogy somewhere in there though, with Partey giving us the protection and Auoar the flair

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well if we had some capitol, would've been a done deal weeks ago

It wouldn't and that wouldn't help us get such a deal for Aouar either. Every club in world football apart from Chelsea and Sp**s who took out a loan have spent hardly anything.

We should be winning 3 out of our opening 4 games with the current squad and that is looking good at the moment. I'd rather us pay £85M for Partey and Aouar and wait till the final week than pay £100M+ for the pair.

Wryer

Wouldn't be plausible in my opinion. Both are completely different players and the narrative all along has been we want to sign both.

From player profile perpective - absolutely they are not the same.

But I don't think the decision is linear - ie both are players Arteta wants, but depending on who the club manages to get (or neither?!), he will adjust accordingly. And it could also be a time consideration - we get one this summer, then the other next window.

From a financial perspective, we really don't have the capacity to splurge 100mn this window, do we? I would love to believe we can, but its extremely un-Arsenal. And with good reasons given the pandemic.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
It wouldn't and that wouldn't help us get such a deal for Aouar either. Every club in world football apart from Chelsea and Sp**s who took out a loan have spent hardly anything.

We should be winning 3 out of our opening 4 games with the current squad and that is looking good at the moment. I'd rather us pay £85M for Partey and Aouar and wait till the final week than pay £100M+ for the pair.
But we don't have 85m to spend all of those will be for cash reserves. 1 week till the transfer window ends and Sokratis, Guendouzi, Kolasinac and Torreira, 4 players that are not in Artetas plans at all are still Arsenal players. Smh

aussie_gun

Anyone else think we will get both? I feel Partey was always first priority and has been agreed. He wants the arsenal, comments from friends, teammates and family: all the signs are there. This has been dragging on for ages which suggests we are comfortable with this deal going through so we are prioritising other moves. I hope. We have been crying for a defensive mid for years now. Surely Arteta recognises this, he is doing an amazing job. I trust him to transform this team and pick the right players. 100% we get one of Partey or Aouar but I wouldn't be shocked if we got both or got one with a top quality alternative

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
From player profile perpective - absolutely they are not the same.

But I don't think the decision is linear - ie both are players Arteta wants, but depending on who the club manages to get (or neither?!), he will adjust accordingly. And it could also be a time consideration - we get one this summer, then the other next window.

From a financial perspective, we really don't have the capacity to splurge 100mn this window, do we? I would love to believe we can, but its extremely un-Arsenal. And with good reasons given the pandemic.

The thing for me is signing Aouar means you play 433/4231. And even with Aouar we don't have the players to play either of those formations without signing Partey or someone of his ilk.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
But we don't have 85m to spend all of those will be for cash reserves. 1 week till the transfer window ends and Sokratis, Guendouzi, Kolasinac and Torreira, 4 players that are not in Artetas plans at all are still Arsenal players. Smh

Nobody knows that mate, nobody knows what we can and can't do. Apparently we need to sell to buy yet we're offering 35-40M for Aouar? Tell me how that makes sense, people seem to be forgetting that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Nobody knows that mate, nobody knows what we can and can't do. Apparently we need to sell to buy yet we're offering 35-40M for Aouar? Tell me how that makes sense, people seem to be forgetting that.

You do realise that by the end of the window if it turns out Arsenal have not signed both, or either, you'll have to admit you were wrong? You've been banging on the drum of blind optimism all summer insisting that Arsenal can buy both, so don't try to wriggle out of it if it turns out we can't and never could.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You do realise that by the end of the window if it turns out Arsenal have not signed both, or either, you'll have to admit you were wrong? You've been banging on the drum of blind optimism all summer insisting that Arsenal can buy both, so don't try to wriggle out of it if it turns out we can't and never could.
Gotta leave the optimists alone man. Imagine a world full of realists and pessimists. Depressing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom