• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Top 6 Prediction Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

1. Arsenal
2. Man City
3. Man United
4. Liverpool
5. Newcastle
6. Chelsea

No doubt the City players are suffering from the Dwight Yorke effect.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I'd love to hear your rationale on how Chelsea are going to crack top 4 - their squad is still poverty.

I rate their squad higher than most I think + I really rate Poch as a manager, think he's elite. They're also not done with transfers, so I also assume they'll get a couple more in.

Most of it is down to Poch though. Gladly admit I'm more likely than not to be wrong with this prediction, just got a feeling they'll be pretty good with no Europe etc.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I rate their squad higher than most I think + I really rate Poch as a manager, think he's elite. They're also not done with transfers, so I also assume they'll get a couple more in.

Most of it is down to Poch though. Gladly admit I'm more likely than not to be wrong with this prediction, just got a feeling they'll be pretty good with no Europe etc.

I definitely think they have a shout. They’ve looked very good pre season. Poch is working wonders. Even mudryk who everyone had written off has looked good.

The squad isn’t ready just yet, esp if Nkunku is out for a while but yeah they’ll cook.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I just can't see it myself, they have huge question marks over their defence; their best defender is an OAP while their fullbacks are both injury prone.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I just can't see it myself, they have huge question marks over their defence; their best defender is an OAP while their fullbacks are both injury prone.

I think Badiashile is a class talent and Colwill was very good for Brighton last season, now back at Chelsea and was given Terry's number IIRC, a sign of faith by the club.

FBs have struggled with injuries no doubt but I think it's also worth remembering that they're both among the best in the league when fit.

In general though I think people just look at their team and feel like there's a lack of stars, which is true to an extent, but from the little I've seen of those players I really believe they'll surprise a lot of people.

Dunno if you watched any of their preseason stuff but their new CF Nicolas Jackson looks a handful. Bit raw and his touch seems a tad inconsistent but the dude is huge, was pretty good with his back to goal and generally just a menace up top. Here's a some highlights from preseason:

Still preseason of course, but I think their team looks pretty exciting, especially when it's managed by someone like Poch who made his career on getting young players to really perform.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Fool! EDIT: Putting Villa in 5th and Brighton in 6th. ManU outside top 6. Yes, you read it here first!
This is getting tiring...

EDIT # 2 - thanks to Liverpool buying Brighton's whole midfield... 😢

1. Arsenal
2. Manchester City
3. Liverpool
4. Newcastle
5. Aston Villa
6. Manchester United

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
1. Arsenal
2. Manchester City
3. Liverpool
4. Man United
5. Newcastle
6. Chelsea

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
1. Arsenal
2. Manchester City
3. Liverpool
4. Manchester United
5. Newcastle
6. Aston Villa

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I think Badiashile is a class talent and Colwill was very good for Brighton last season, now back at Chelsea and was given Terry's number IIRC, a sign of faith by the club.

FBs have struggled with injuries no doubt but I think it's also worth remembering that they're both among the best in the league when fit.

In general though I think people just look at their team and feel like there's a lack of stars, which is true to an extent, but from the little I've seen of those players I really believe they'll surprise a lot of people.

Dunno if you watched any of their preseason stuff but their new CF Nicolas Jackson looks a handful. Bit raw and his touch seems a tad inconsistent but the dude is huge, was pretty good with his back to goal and generally just a menace up top. Here's a some highlights from preseason:

Still preseason of course, but I think their team looks pretty exciting, especially when it's managed by someone like Poch who made his career on getting young players to really perform.

Honestly think pre-season can tend to be a bit over indexed tbqh and I feel like you're placing quite a bit of weight on Poch's ability to get them firing collectively. Don't get me wrong, Chelsea will be much better this year but still well short of top 4 imo.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
My new top 6 after Klopp won the transfer window:

1. man city
2. lfc
3. arsenal
4. United
5 Newcastle
6. Chelsea

AM all bumping LFC to contenders. Lol see what happens when a real manager gets money and time. Your god blew 65 million on a Chelsea flop to experiment. Klopp would never do a Havertz type deal, in fact no w.nker in world football other than Arteta and @drippin are the only ones who would do this. When ge rebuilds LFc in window, what does that mean about our decade long project with nothing to show for it

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Manchester United
5. Newcastle
6. Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom