• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC - Tuesday January 22, 8pm

the dawn raids

Established Member
this thread does make me laugh. everyone is so outraged and indignant, yet they keep bumping it. note the irony when i bump this again. :woot

but someone made the best point in another thread; if we would have lost last round to blackburn, this thread wouldnt have reached 15 pages.

i certainly hope our players arent dwelling this long on it. its done and dusted, move the **** on.

Anzac

Established Member
No - I agree with Ibby - make this a sticky until we redeem ourselves..............never forget & never forgive................

I don't agree that we should just get over it & move on - to what??? Let's make sure we have got it right & we are all on the same game plan - otherwise how do we ensure we do not make the same mistakes again????

If anyone believes that Sp**s simply were the better team on the night & we gave it our best shot under the circumstances is deluding themselves............I'm not denying they were the better team, just that we need to ensure that we are on track to enable us to give it our best shot............

I want this match to be the turning point of our season - that we go forward thru' the rest of the season, NOT to become the begining of the end as such..............we are so much better than that.......

Biggus

Established Member
Anzac said:
I want this match to be the turning point of our season - that we go forward thru' the rest of the season, NOT to become the begining of the end as such..............we are so much better than that.......

As we all do Anzac, Its up to the players to respond and dig deep.

Anzac

Established Member
And it's also up to the manager to make sure he's got his side of the equation right as well - squad depth, balance, formation, shape, roles etc..........and tactics during the match.............

I'm as p*ssed at AW about the loss as I am at the team - possibly more so.............I fail to see what he hoped to achieve by changing players & shape with 20-25 mins to go (as always) - too little too late & if it was just the C Cup then why bother at all?????

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Wenger raps: Sp**s did NOT outplay Arsenal

Tottenham in their midweek 5-1 Carling Cup semifinal defeat at White Hart Lane.

He said: "We had 500 passes, Tottenham 222. We had 64 per cent of possession and we had 18 shots on goal, Tottenham 12, and we lost 5-1. That sums up the game."

He also dismissed Emmanuel Adebayor's apparent butt on teammate Nicklas Bendtner during the game as a 'minor incident' which will be dealt with internally.

Wenger said: "Disagreements are part of the game. There is always action taken when it is needed. From then on, it is better not to talk about it.

"We will even use this to be conscious of how much every incident, even a minor one, can be interpreted on the outside. That will even improve our togetherness."

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
HollandGooner said:

He said: "We had 500 passes, Tottenham 222. We had 64 per cent of possession and we had 18 shots on goal, Tottenham 12, and we lost 5-1. That sums up the game."

He also dismissed Emmanuel Adebayor's apparent butt on teammate Nicklas Bendtner during the game as a 'minor incident' which will be dealt with internally.

Wenger said: "Disagreements are part of the game. There is always action taken when it is needed. From then on, it is better not to talk about it.

"We will even use this to be conscious of how much every incident, even a minor one, can be interpreted on the outside. That will even improve our togetherness."

I would have to agree with this post mate.

I didnt see the game live, but I saw extended highlights from footytube. and I am very sure that spuds won because our defence was nowhere that night.
When you add the 200kg Gilberto playing as our holding midfielder who ran slower than my grandma, then you have the clue to the puzzle.

The first goal was a lack of concentration from our defence.They allowed to much space for Jane,
The second one was an accidental og from Nick,
The third one was a lost ball in midfield passed to a running Keane and Hoyte & Fabianski could've treated that better.
The fourth one was lack of pressure from fat Bert to Lemon and the fifth was when it was all over, our players were just waiting for the whistle.

We need to concentrate on bigger teams&opposition (manure&chavs&acmilan). Not on minnows like spurts.

Biggus

Established Member
HollandGooner said:

Oh good grief, did he really say that? :roll: Will you credit your source Holland or provide a link.

Wenger14

Established Member
Biggus said:
HollandGooner said:

Oh good grief, did he really say that? :roll: Will you credit your source Holland or provide a link.
Don't have a link, but he said it on his ATVO interview, was on Thursday I believe. Saw it on Arsenal TV last night too.

Lukazan

Established Member
n728350139_833900_716.jpg

Worth the bump.

mgrealsmooth

Lukazan said:

Worth the bump.

That almost makes it worth losing to the spuds in the first place :lol: not quite, but it's a start.

Anyway, on that topic, it wasn't really a reserve side, and that's the problem. Lots of players who couldn't play together... excuses aside if there was one cup to get dumped out of, that's the one we'd choose. Just the treble now :p

stuart

Established Member
haha i knew they would bring out all this sh1t :lol: To be honest i couldn't care less about this result now. Sure, when it happened i was gutted but it means nothing now, espescially giving how we did yesterday. Let them have their victory.

I dont think anyone really gives a sh1t anymore. I'd much rather watch a 49 unbeaten dvd (for example!!) than one victory in the least meaningful competition against your nearest and dearest

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Lukazan said:

Worth the bump.

Some please go and post this pics at their gloryglory forums and provide the link so we can see their miserable replies..

That is a quality picture.

It would be good if someone places picture of Henry in front of Spurts fans inside this DVD combo..

henryspursps5sw7.jpg

:D

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i wouldnt mind it, but we dont normally lock matchday threads.. (although, this one is a special case that hasnt happened since we have started this forum years ago)

Top Bottom