• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tottenham v Arsenal, 21/09/10, CC, SS2, 7:45PM GMT

-Shaun-

I know we had a thread about the draw, but I thought we might as well have a new proper match-day thread for this one now.

Can hardly say I'm looking forward to Tuesday, but then again it should be a good test for the kids.

-Shaun-

Invincible said:
What kids? This is a derby match and I expect us to field a strong team.

I don't think it will be the youngest team we've ever put out in the Carling Cup, but do you seriously expect the starting eleven to be similar as the one today?

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I badly want us to smash these ****s but some players looked knackered today. Eboue, Gibbs, Vela, Djourou, Fabianski and maybe Denilson are shoe-ins for this one, be interesting to see who else gets the nod. Does Song's suspension kick in straight away or not? If not I'd expect him to play as well.

Invincible

Established Member
-Shaun- said:
Invincible said:

I don't think it will be the youngest team we've ever put out in the Carling Cup, but do you seriously expect the starting eleven to be similar as the one today?
We cannot us a NLD match to give experience to the kids. Simple as that.

I'm sure Harry will field his strongest possible team, and so should we.

Bossa

Established Member
We will probably play this team

Fabianski
Eboué Squillaci Djourou Gibbs
Wilshere Denilson Rosicky
Nasri JET Vela

EDIT: Song is suspended.

EDIT: **** it, we should play our strongest team

Almunia
Sagna Squillaci Koscielny Gibbs
Wilshere Denilson Rosicky
Nasri Chamakh Arshavin

-Shaun-

Invincible said:
-Shaun- said:
Invincible said:

We cannot us a NLD match to give experience to the kids. Simple as that.

I'm sure Harry will field his strongest possible team, and so should we.

I think we all know Wenger's policy with this tournament now. The younger/fringe players have previously done pretty well also, so there isn't much reason not to trust them in this one from his point of view.

Harry yes, will most likely put out his strongest team. The fact of the matter is that Arsène won't.

Meatwad

we're going to be playing the first teamers who aren't getting games + kids. would have been less kids if not for injuries, at this point even using wilshere is not certain because of all the unexpected playing time, so aneke might even make the starting lineup.

oh and song will be suspended for this one, which is good.

Code:
--------------Fabianski--------------
-------------------------------------
---------Djourou------Miquel---------
Eboue---------------------------Gibbs
--------Denilson----Wilshere---------
---------------Rosicky---------------
Afobe----------------------------Vela
-----------------JET-----------------

Nela

Established Member
I'd like to see a back four of Sagna-Squid-Kos-Gibbs. We need to be as strong in defense as possible. Bale is in brilliant form so I really think Sagna should play, he can rest against West brom at home.

And please, no Fabianski!

Invincible

Established Member
-Shaun- said:
I think we all know Wenger's policy with this tournament now. The younger/fringe players have previously done pretty well also, so there isn't much reason not to trust them in this one from his point of view.

Harry yes, will most likely put out his strongest team. The fact of the matter is that Arsène won't.
Which probably goes to show that he has little care for the fans. I can't believe that after 15 years of managing Arsenal, Wenger would view a NLD match, even in the carling cup, as an 'experiment' game.

All I can hope for is that we don't get battered.

-Shaun-

Invincible said:
Which probably goes to show that he has little care for the fans. I can't believe that after 15 years of managing Arsenal, Wenger would view a NLD match, even in the carling cup, as an 'experiment' game.

All I can hope for is that we don't get battered.

Now I do agree with you on that one actually ;)

Gonner_88

Established Member
I want us to smash the living lights out of the spuds but I doubt Wenger will field our strongest XI even if it is a NLD.

IMO we should line-up like this:

Fabianksi

Eboue Squillaci Djourou Gibbs

Denilson Wilshere Eastmond

Rosicky JET Vela

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Considering the fatigue levels of the players today, I hope we field this team. Strong enough yet realistic to be a carling cup team.

EDIT: Agreed with Gonner 88 team, but maybe Koscielny should keep his place

Humble Rex

Established Member
Gonner_88 said:
I want us to smash the living lights out of the spuds but I doubt Wenger will field our strongest XI even if it is a NLD.

IMO we should line-up like this:

Fabianksi

Eboue Squillaci Djourou Gibbs

Denilson Wilshere Eastmond

Rosicky JET Vela

No way will those in bold start this game, and rightly so IMO. Doubt that Rosicky will start either.

Don´t think Redknob will field many of his starters either. Them lot being in the CL makes all the difference.

mo50

Established Member
The first team players who haven't been getting games will play. Gibbs, Eboue, Rosicky, Vela, Denilson etc. I also don't think Wilshere will play, although I would've liked him to.

The result depends on what team 'Arry sends out. I'm far from confident and I hope we don't get smashed.

Gonner_88

Established Member
You're probably right but I'm not sure about playing Miguel with Djourou. Bartley would've been an obvious choice but he's on loan at Sheffield Utd.

Wilshere I think may start to be honest. Rosicky maybe not probably Nasri since he needs to play a bit more to gain match fitness (just back from injury).

You never know with 'Arry Redcrap. He'll start his strongest team to try and prove a point. Don't know what point? We're clearly better than them and have been for the past 40+ years :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom