• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tottenham Vs Arsenal Ratings

ricky1985

Established Member
I wanna hear what everyone thought of individual players performances last night.

My rating's;

Fabianski - 5. Made a couple of good stops, but when it mattered most for Robbie Keanes second half shot he made a big, big mistake.

Sagna - 6. Distribution was awful at times, but that was largely due to a lack of options. Defended strongly in what was a kamikazi defence. Couple of really good crosses.

Traore - 5. Defended excellently one-on-one against Lennon. Tried his hardest to support the attack up the left but had 'dosy' Diaby to work out. Very naive at times when Sp**s came fast on the counter.

Hoyte - 4. Complete disaster. He tried to defend like Toure, (in your face beat me if you can attitude) but he has neither the strength or accelaration to pull that off. Positionally was more naive than Traore. But he was left horribly exposed.

Gallas - 5. Very poor. Was more isolated than the North pole, but still made some bad mistakes. He doesnt turn quick enough. Hope this isnt an onset of the 'fragile thirties' for 'el capitan.

Hleb - 5. Played terrible but had no options when he recieved the ball not to mention two or even three players on him each and everytime. This goes a long way to explaining why Hleb looked distinctly average in previous seasons, no movement equals no Hleb.

Diaby - 3. Truly awful. It is definitely like playing with 10 men when he plays left wing. It is unacceptable. Wenger has to re-think this idea because Diaby out wide aint workin'. He provided us with nothing all night, not offensively or defensively.

Denilson - 4. Wasnt impressed whilst he was on. For me a typical Denilson performance was unfolding; dwelling on the ball, getting brushed aside far too easy, no real tackles and a lack of intelligence with both his positioning and foreward movement.

Gilberto - 5. I genuinely believe he hasnt regressed that much from last season. I just think the standards have been upped by Flamini. He doesnt have the raw power, to play next to Fabregas. We need some who is going to ferociously close down and tackle. He has never been able to do that.

Bendtner - 4. Not a lot of what he tried came off. Some nice touches and hold-up play. He also won quite a few headers and was very unlucky with the effort that hit the bar. Ultimately too many defenders and not enough options for Nicklas.

Walcott - 5. Felt so sorry for Theo. A couple of times he showed phenomenally quick feet and close control. Had no service and was marked out the game. He really needs to learn that if you are playing as a striker it doesnt mean you cant move wide and come deep. He is 18 and he will learn, but the raw materials are there for a big career.

Subs

Fabregas - 5. Started great but he like Hleb succomb to the lack of movement, passing options and number of opposition trying to stop him.

Eduardo - 6. Thought he looked bright when he came on. Gave us something different and was actually running at them from deep.

Adebayor - 8. Theo can learn a lot from Ade. He was running the channels and worrying the life out of King and Dawson. Not to mention a great finish for his goal.

Wenger
Please oh pretty please pick a wide man of some descript in every game we play from now on. Never, ever pick Diaby on the left wing ever again.
I understand his point that if you look at the bigger picture then this is a good learning experience for the young players, but they really need to start stepping-up.

Overall
Very, very dissapointing. Too many of our young players havent realised that being a top player is about wanting it more than your opponents.
Some were way out of their depth; Hoyte and Diaby were the worst culprits in my opinion.
I am starting to contemplate the notion that maybe we have an awful lot of over-hyped second rate youngsters at our club.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

lol why do such a thing? why?
no need for the ratings -3-2 or even 1.
I think **** just about covers everything.

Captain

Established Member
:lol:

You do realise that Denislon was on the pitch for 18 minutes, 5-6 of which he was injured for.

True Gooner

Established Member
Fabianski - 4

Sagna - 5
Hoyte - 4
Gallas - 4
Traore - 3

Hleb - 5
Denilson - N/A

Cesc - 5 (Started brightly, and then lost the plot, fatigue and lack of movement in front of him must have been responsible)

Gilberto - 3
Diaby - 3

Walcott - 4
Bendtner 4

Subs
Eduardo - 6
Ade 6.5 - Good energy but why on earth did he get into a fight with Bendtner??? Better clear that up

ricky1985

Established Member
Captain said:
:lol:

You do realise that Denislon was on the pitch for 18 minutes, 5-6 of which he was injured for.

Yeah I know, just got a problem with Denilson anyway. I know he didnt do a lot wrong last night. Was more commenting on him generally, sorry should have made that clear.

Gooner T

Adebayor - 10... For nutting that annoying **** Bendtner. Cant wait for him to **** off back to Birmingham.

Linson

My rating's;

Fabianski - 1. Truly awful, I have never seen a GK at this level with such bad basic technique. I have watched every game he has played this season and I am now convinced we need to buy another GK in the transfer window.

Sagna - 7. Looked like the only one who could play football in our team. Excellent overall game but let down by team mates.

Traore - 5. Defended excellently one-on-one against Lennon. Tried to support the attack up the left but let down by Diabys completely greedy play. Still not one of his better games as I felt as though he maybe supported the winger too much and the centre backs no enough.

Hoyte - 5. Positionally naive but I still feel there's an awful lot to come from him. He has played too few games this season and it really showed, however the potential is undeniable.

Gallas - 5. Although he didn't play badly he did not exert his usual presence on the pitch. We really needed a Steven Gerrard (grab you by the scruff of the neck and play football) captain last night and he wasn't it. He made no visible partnership with Hoyte and failed to organise the defence like Toure normally does.

Hleb - 5. He was the only midfield player who made any movement to get the ball and when he did [get the ball] he had no one to pass to. I think Rosicky would have been a better choice to start.

Diaby - 2. Hideous. Absolutely underwhelming performance that only consolidates my opinion that he is far too greedy. Made few runs that came of anything and continually ignored chances to create a penetrative pass. Made no attempt to make any kind of partnership with Traore down the wing. Very disappointing.

Denilson - N/A

Gilberto - 3. Seemed to do nothing, his tackling technique and the ground he covers is nowhere near what he was like last season which is a great shame. Seems to have little use in the squad after his last few performances.

Bendtner - 4. Had few chances to do anything but when he did little came of it.

Walcott - 2. Didn't even attempt to run the channels and made no nuisance of himself whatsoever. Extremely disappointing and amateurish performance as he only seemed to run himself into trouble and rarely found a notable pass.

Subs

Fabregas - 5. "Started great but he like Hleb succomb to the lack of movement, passing options and number of opposition trying to stop him." Couldn't have said it better. He ran his arse off in fairness.

Eduardo - 6. Looked dangerous but never found the room as Tottenham defended in numbers.

Adebayor - 8. Ran the channels made a nuisance of himself and won a few balls not to mention score an absolute screamer.

Wenger

Congratulations to him on sticking to his guns and playing a predominantly youthful side. Didn't give the half time team talk that would inspire the team like we all hoped.

Overall

The worst performance I have seen of Arsenal in recent memory. Strikers isolated, defenders shaky and the poorest goalkeeping I have seen a very long while. Things can only get better from this!

Edit: Does anyone know why Bendtner got headbutted?

Duke_skywalker

I really wouldn't know where to start to be honest.

Fabianski was the worst for me doesn't inspire confidence one bit

Traore got involved with Lennon just before he scored. Instead of tracking his man like i was screaming he put a token arm out and let him bomb into the box.

Gilberto where has he gone?

Walcott Bendtner no service so can't really say much about them. Theo needs to do some wieghts and man up, still love though

all the others were equally bad. Having said all that still would swap them for any other there players.........

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i shall try my best

fabianski 4
sagna 5
gallas 2
hoyte 5
traore 3
hleb 5
diaby 4
gilberto 0
walcott 4
bendtner 1
denilson N.A

subs
cesc 5
ade 6
eduardo 6

qs

Established Member
Fabianski - 2 terrible.

Sagna - 4...
Hoyte - 4... Bad performance from everyone of the back 4
Gallas - 4...
Traore - 4...

Hleb - 7 a prime example of how you cant do anything if the rest of the team is absolute ****. The amount of times he had the ball but had to cut in, then out and hold off defenders while no one made any runs to support was simply unacceptable. I fell sorry for Hleb.
Cesc - 4 Looked lazy, passing was poor, way below standard
Gilberto - 4 made a lot of mistakes but at least out in a bit of effort, still no where near good enough
Diaby - 1 ridiculously bad. Not only that selfish too. i could write pages about how **** he was but I wont.

Walcott - 5 no service for the lad, he's wrongly maligned today. You need the team player well to get a perfo4rmance from an 18 year old whos played up front for us less than half a dozen times.
Bendtner - 3 utter ****e. Never mind the fact his OG was the critical moment in the game his over all performance was dirt.

Eduardo - 6 meh
Ade 9 what a hero.

Gurgen

Established Member
Fabianski 3
Sagna 5
Hoyte 4
Gallas 3
Traore 5
Hleb 6
Denilson N/A
Gilberto 3
Diaby 3
Bendtner 4
Theo 4

Cesc 5

Didn't see the rest.

Lukazan

Established Member
I agree entirely with Gurgen's ratings.

Quite a few people are saying Hleb was awful, I don't agree. For the first part of the game, until we went 2-0 down, he picked up right where he left off against Fulham and was practically perfect in everything he did. After Bendtner's own goal he was the only player who really looked like creating anything and tried his best to do so. Gave the ball away alot, sure, but that was from the high risk passes he was trying. You guys might have been happy watching the rest of the team pass the ball harmlessly around Sp**s' box but I wasn't, and it was nice to see Hleb trying to create something at the risk of failing.

Already made my opinion on Diaby clear, and I thought Gallas was awful. If that had of been Senderos this forum would be in meltdown right now. Hoyte also had a poor game. Walcott started brightly with a few nice runs off the ball but was crowded out and cannot really be blamed.

qs

Established Member
Lukazan said:
You guys might have been happy watching the rest of the team pass the ball harmlessly around Sp**s' box but I wasn't, and it was nice to see Hleb trying to create something at the risk of failing.

Gallas was awful. If that had of been Senderos this forum would be in meltdown right now.

Walcott started brightly with a few nice runs off the ball but was crowded out and cannot really be blamed.

All excellent points. Couldn't agree more.

Invincible

Established Member
I feel bad for Wookash. Just think how this result could affect his morale.

Yeah and Hoyte deserves a 7 just for that stamp on Keane's leg.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Lukazan said:
I agree entirely with Gurgen's ratings.

Quite a few people are saying Hleb was awful, I don't agree. For the first part of the game, until we went 2-0 down, he picked up right where he left off against Fulham and was practically perfect in everything he did. After Bendtner's own goal he was the only player who really looked like creating anything and tried his best to do so. Gave the ball away alot, sure, but that was from the high risk passes he was trying. You guys might have been happy watching the rest of the team pass the ball harmlessly around Sp**s' box but I wasn't, and it was nice to see Hleb trying to create something at the risk of failing.

Already made my opinion on Diaby clear, and I thought Gallas was awful. If that had of been Senderos this forum would be in meltdown right now. Hoyte also had a poor game. Walcott started brightly with a few nice runs off the ball but was crowded out and cannot really be blamed.
That sums up my view on the players' performances pretty much perfectly.

Although as an addition, I thought Adebayor and Eduardo did well when they came on. They worked hard and showed urgency, and of course Ade scored a cracking goal.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom