• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tottenham vs Arsenal | Wed 14 Apr. 20:00 | SS1/2

kanooo

Pls Arsenal. Hope you can pick yourselves up and push for the Premier League. It would still be a good season if we managed to finish in the top 3.

But it would still be a great season if we win the league (considering that we've lost/rather got thumped by Man Utd and Chelsea both home/away).

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I can't even picture us dominating a game anymore, or even creating chances. Our collective first touch, movement, awareness, passing accuracy and pressing is ten squillion tiers below Barcelona's.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
we dominated and created chances against Wolves, we just couldnt score any of them.. in fact, we dominated our last 5 of 6 Prem games (WHU was our closest game in terms of shots and possession) and created chances.. we just havent blown teams away

Alfonso

Established Member
This is our most important game in two years as its literally make or break for the title. But ive never seen such a game that we have to win out of principal and pride more than anything else, even if we dont go on and win the title. We cant have another weak performance in a big game because that will seriously kill our reputation and our season would be looked in a totally different light. Its one thing losing and losing comprehensively to Man Utd, Chelsea and Barca and there is another losing to Sp**s.

We have no excuses going into this game, they have got as much injury woes as us, and we have a full week to prepare. Im going to judge Wenger's entire season on this one game.

This is our defining moment more than anything.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
this is a rather large game.. anything but a win v. Spuds will effectively kill our title chances.. do we REALLY want to let them claim they stopped us from getting the trophy? we will have 12 days rest to their 3.. Song will be back, everyone will be able to rest their bodies, and hell, even RvP might be back for it (on the bench)..

i cant comprehend us not winning this game.. however, our record against them at WHL in recent years doesnt yield us many wins.. i think we have only won 1 game at WHL in the league in the past 4 years (the rest were draws)

Viper

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
Win this game. Win the Premiership for once. Then build. Build on f****g success and dominate for the next 10 years.
Lets not get too ahead of ourselves here. This is Wenger we're talking about. If we win the league he'll probably say 'I've proven our squad is strong enough' and build on nothing.

Viper

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
I can't even picture us dominating a game anymore, or even creating chances. Our collective first touch, movement, awareness, passing accuracy and pressing is ten squillion tiers below Barcelona's.
I completely agree. We really did look like a subpar side compare to Barca.

Barca just seemed to be incapable of losing possession. But once we did get the ball, we were IMMEDIATELY dispossessed. It was a case of men vs boys.

I really do admire the way Barca play. I wish we were like that. I hope Wenger tries to emulate a few things about Barca in the team.

otfgoon

Established Member
Alfonso said:
This is our most important game in two years as its literally make or break for the title. But ive never seen such a game that we have to win out of principal and pride more than anything else, even if we dont go on and win the title. We cant have another weak performance in a big game because that will seriously kill our reputation and our season would be looked in a totally different light. Its one thing losing and losing comprehensively to Man Utd, Chelsea and Barca and there is another losing to Sp**s.

We have no excuses going into this game, they have got as much injury woes as us, and we have a full week to prepare. Im going to judge Wenger's entire season on this one game.

Agree with this, to take any pride from the season we need to take the title challenge down to the very last breath. If we collapse now no one will care about the combacks or the injuries, it will just be another flop.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Viper said:
It was a case of men vs boys.

I really do admire the way Barca play. I wish we were like that. I hope Wenger tries to emulate a few things about Barca in the team.
i hate when people keep using that men v. boys phrase.. (sorry, just bothers me)

and yes, lets hope Wenger emulates one thing about Barca - their ability to actually BUY PLAYERS THAT THE TEAM NEEDS, regardless of the price (obviously not going crazy spending, but 20 million for a player that will truly help the team is not wrong..

Gunner_JT

We'll do 'em. They will fold like a cheap tent knowing they have Utd, and Chelsea to face after.

One week's rest will be what the team needs, a chance for the likes of Campbell, Diaby, Song etc to recuperate.

Emma Lusa

The rest may help us but Sp**s have 8 first team players out (1 more than us) but could have 5 of them back for Wednesday. Sp**s reserves should beat Pompey but it's the Cup so let's hope Pompey turn it on. Spuds in the FA Cup final will boost their confidence for Wednesday, plus their fans won't shut up ...

HUGE game - we win the PL is still on and Spuds will not get into a CL spot, they win our seasons over and they may get a CL spot. Should Campbell play? not sure if he can handle it mentally the Spuds will crucify him.

Interesting tactical game, we can't play without possession neither can the Spuds, we must win the midfield and control the ball ... to me this is a "death or glory" match which may be high scoring but statistics say not, my one concern is Spuds at home have only conceded 10, best in the PL, we need to make every chance count which is something we don't do well.

Us to win odd goal in three - forget the CL bring on the PL title.

Del Boy

Established Member
Campbell starts, he is mentally as tough as they come. **** the racist chants and other vile **** the **** will throw at him, he will rise above it and as usual it will drive him on to play the game of his life.

I'm sure we'll hear the Wenger * song as well. ****ing ****, lets just do our talking on the pitch and end their Champions League dream.

Viper

Established Member
I know its Sp**s but I'd love for them to actually be in the CL as opposed to City. Once City get that CL spot, all the top players will most certainly join them. On the other hand, it would be great to see Sp**s enter the CL, and end up doing ****.

jibber

that is a point I had not considered. If Sp**s make the champions league thats a bunch of extra matches we can laugh at them lose in.

hmmmmmm.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

LostAndFound

jibber said:
that is a point I had not considered. If Sp**s make the champions league thats a bunch of extra matches we can laugh at them lose in.

hmmmmmm.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Let them make the CL by beating MU and Chelsea.....

Burnwinter

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Alfonso said:

Agree with this, to take any pride from the season we need to take the title challenge down to the very last breath. If we collapse now no one will care about the combacks or the injuries, it will just be another flop.
I agree. If we have truly improved and we genuinely have all this spirit and depth that's being talked about, we'll clean this lot up. We've got a good slice of time to rest and refocus.

If we win this big we'll stamp our authority on the pretenders below us and retain our faint hopes in the league. Which could even be marginally less faint by the time we play.

If we lose this I'd claim we're really closer to the teams below us than we are to the title.

nazo

Established Member
I won't take anything less than raping these ****ers and making sure they cry whenever they try to remember this match.

If there ever was a time for the players to step up it would be right about now.

qs

Established Member
Alfonso said:
This will sum up our season for me. Are we the big bottlers or a team that has character and can step up through adversity?

I'll buy into that.

Just hope Rosicky doesn't start.

Top Bottom