• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tottenham vs Arsenal | Wed 14 Apr. 20:00 | SS1/2

Zico

Established Member
Mbaki, our players do not move well off the ball on offense, and they move terribly (if they move at all, Bendtner) on defense. No wonder we have so much energy in the last 10 minutes of games.

Del Boy

Established Member
marco said:
it was a nld for f***s sake..apart from sol and rvp none of the guys out there had a clue what it means to us the fans, and what we have to go through in the next few days with those c**nts giving it large.

Totally agreed mate. They were a ****ing disgrace out there. Not one hard tackle, no heart no passion.

Never been so ashamed of the team as I am right now. This season will go down as no better than last in my books. Disgusted.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Del Boy said:
marco said:
it was a nld for f***s sake..apart from sol and rvp none of the guys out there had a clue what it means to us the fans, and what we have to go through in the next few days with those c**nts giving it large.

Totally agreed mate. They were a f****g disgrace out there. Not one hard tackle, no heart no passion.

Never been so ashamed of the team as I am right now. This season will go down as no better than last in my books. Disgusted.

Sorry, is this talksport? :?

I'd like to know how you measure such intangibles as 'heart' and 'passion'. Is it possible that this lack of heart/passion was in fact nerves and lack of enthusiasm?

Del Boy

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:
Del Boy said:
marco said:

Totally agreed mate. They were a f****g disgrace out there. Not one hard tackle, no heart no passion.

Sorry, is this talksport? :?

I'd like to know how you measure such intangibles as 'heart' and 'passion'. Is it possible that this lack of heart/passion was in fact nerves and lack of enthusiasm?

Talksport is a pathetic response spouted around here. It is very obvious, mugs like Diaby jog around with no care in the world. There was terrible work rate, where was the tackling even? There was none. It was shambolic.

Why should there be lack of enthusiasm? When we are playing for the title at WHL? They are a disgrace.

Nerves are no excuse at all. Danny Rose was nervous didn't stop him scoring from 30 yards did it? Top level players shouldn't collapse like that due to nerves.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
It's not obvious at all and if it were you'd be able to precisely articulate what was wrong with their performance. So tell me then how you differentiate between nerves and heart/passion?

I don't know if you've ever played an important match at amateur level but even doing that can render a player catatonic (ie. inactive!).

As for Rose, as good a goal as it was, I don't think swinging your leg and happening to make a good connection constitutes overcoming one's nerves. :neutral:

I think you're taking an altogether overly simplistic approach to expressing our team's deficiencies; you need to look deeper than buzzwords like heart and passion!

Wembley79

Kraig said:
Finally, for me, this is THE biggest improvement i want to see from us. We need to bring in defensive coaches. Guys who KNOW how to get the best out of players when they need to stand up and be counted. All too often this season, our naivity at the back and through the midfield has cost us countless goals, and not even just against the great sides.

This.

The biggest problem that we have had for the last few years is giving away silly, avoidable goals. Totally agree with Kraig, we need Wenger to bite the bullet, and get someone in to work alongside him that can get the defense to defend (and help Wenger in the transfer market with defenders, if required).
I strongly believe that this would be worth at least 6 points a season to us.

Also, love Pat Rice, but what the f*ck is the point of him?

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
Rice does nothing but agree with Wenger. He can f**k off along with all our staff. Wenger, sort it out.

Why would Wenger 'sort' someone out that agrees with him? :lol:

I agree that Wenger is surrounded by 'yes-men' and I've been saying that for a while but it's a problem that's endemic within the club and not just the coaching staff.

Del Boy

Established Member
Rice does nothing but agree with Wenger. He can f**k off along with all our staff. Wenger, sort it out.

These type of responses are a joke! Too many people are looking to make a proper Arsenal legend Pat Rice the fall guy, because they don't have the cojones to blame Wenger!

Wenger is the manager blame him. Pat Rice is part of the staff and you have no idea what he does or says so stop talking nonsense about the man.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
The game last night was too big for the team, as we saw against Barca and all other big games we've played this year. When the heat is on, this team fail. Sp**s rose to the occasion when it mattered and we didn't. Tactically we are shockingly bad.

The fact that we can't stop leaking goals is a huge problem and would be the first thing Wenger should be addressing. What's upsetting is he started the season pinpointing that last year we conceded too many and we started the year with a heavy pressing game - Which to some degreee worked. Slowly but surely that has faded away over the course of the year.

When it all comes down to it, and we can all argue about various different issues and players, the bottom line is I just don't think we have the quality or mental capacity to win the title.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

This is one of the greatest myth of all. I've read in one interview and Wenger said Pat Rice basically shares the same idea playing good football but Rice's opinions are usually different from Wenger's.

Rorz

Established Member
Del Boy said:

These type of responses are a joke! Too many people are looking to make a proper Arsenal legend Pat Rice the fall guy, because they don't have the cojones to blame Wenger!

Wenger is the manager blame him. Pat Rice is part of the staff and you have no idea what he does or says so stop talking nonsense about the man.

Wenger is certainly at fault, but he does have a point - Rice is a yes man. It may be different behind the scenes at the training ground, but it seems to me on the touchline all we have is Wenger and someone who agrees with Wenger. He does a good job of trying to get the players going though, more so than Wenger imo.

TomasCR

Established Member
bojed said:

This is one of the greatest myth of all. I've read in one interview and Wenger said Pat Rice basically shares the same idea playing good football but Rice's opinions are usually different from Wenger's.
This annoys me too. People are on Rice's back calling him "a yes man" without actually knowing a single thing about him and his opinions, a bit pathetic.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
James said:
Pathetic isn't it...i've definitely heard him shout "to the ball!".

:lol:

Post of the day! :D

Maybe he's a motivational aid? Did you see him yesterday towards the end of the game? Wenger was staring disconsolately into nowhere whilst Rice was gesticulating at the players, telling them to keep going.

Del Boy

Established Member
Anyway it isn't like you see any assistants disagreeing with the manager on the touchline of a match.

It comes down to Wenger. If you are blaming stuff on Pat Rice, you are kidding yourself and I'm afraid alot of people have resorted to that.

dreamLord

Established Member
Defense coaches won't do much unless we get rid of liabilities like Clichy,Silvestre and some of the midfield, who have no clue how to react to the situation.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
An absolute ****ing disgrace. Sol Campbell apart each and every one of our players are utter ****s who I have no time for.

The lack of passion last night makes me feel physically sick.

They have no idea what we now have to go through.

Im still fuming. Everything about last night was a complete disaster.

I lay the blame firmly at the door of Wenger. He is the man who has kept Almunia around for five years. Our captain last night. Shambolic situation.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom