• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tottenham vs Arsenal | Wed 14 Apr. 20:00 | SS1/2

Del Boy

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Y va marquer said:
RockyRocastle
The players have no idea about what "we" now have to go through?
I'm sure what they're going through is worse.
They've fought hard and hung in there so many times this season, dragged themselves back into contention twice following brutal defeats against Chelsea, Man U, Chelsea and all of that has been dismissed because of last nights bitter defeat?

Not for me it hasn't, I support these guys, they've given their all this season, they're running on empty right now.

Well good for you, you support them then. Ill continue thinking they are a bunch of useless wankers.

Do you really think these guys care that we just lost to Sp**s? People like Eboue, Diaby and Denilson are too f****g stupid to know what day it is, never mind what losing to Sp**s means to the support. I feel sick. They dont give a s**t - otherwise they would have shown a bit of passion last night.

f**k 'em.

Spot on mate. As I said earlier no passion in the side, no heart. Ironic the only real Arsenal man in the current XI is an ex yid!

The refusal of our players to tackle and the disgraceful work rate are what really drove it home. Diaby jogging around like a *****, what an idiot he really is. Also scored the own goal at Old Trafford...

Abs

Established Member
We should just end our rivalry with Sp**s before they drag our name through the mug....time to find other rivals. They have no shame whatsoever

outlaw_member

Established Member
We've never had a rivalry with Sp**s for as long as I've been watching football, atleast not in my opinion. A rival is someone who actually competes with you for honours, or continually stops you from achieving your goals. A rival is not someone who has had absolutely no relevence to you throughout the past 15+ seasons, North London or not. It would be like Lennox Lewis considering James Oyebola as a rival in his boxing days because they happened to come from the same place.

Accomplished

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
We've never had a rivalry with Sp**s for as long as I've been watching football, atleast not in my opinion. A rival is someone who actually competes with you for honours, or continually stops you from achieving your goals. A rival is not someone who has had absolutely no relevence to you throughout the past 15+ seasons, North London or not. It would be like Lennox Lewis considering James Oyebola as a rival in his boxing days because they happened to come from the same place.

oh for christ's sake...

every so often there's a post on there just puts me in disbelief

p.s - they just ended our title challenge. Not relevant?

outlaw_member

Established Member
It could have been any other team in their place. To me, Sp**s are nothing but a mere after thought, like Wigan or Portsmouth. Why? I've just explained my reasons. If you want to give credence to something irrelevent, you can go ahead and do that. I don't give a **** about history, there was once a time when Chelsea were nothing but now they're our rivals. Tottenham were once our rivals back in the 80's but now they're out of fashion like flare jeans. Them beating us was no different to the points we dropped against Birmingham or Sunderland. I think some of you guys need to brush up on your definition of 'rival' if you consider Tottenham be that.

darthwenger

What we have to try and remember is that most of these players are not Arsenal fans, I'm pretty sure players like Diaby, Denilson etc didn't grow up supporting Arsenal and dreaming of playing for us.

Its a job for them, if Arsenal got relegated then I'm pretty sure that we'd still be up there supporting the team no matter what.

If for example, Man Utd came in with a bid of 12M for Diaby (highly unlikey I know lol) and a massive pay rise then he'd be off like a shot and never give us a second thought again.

There are exceptions to the rule but to most, its just a job.

Del Boy

Established Member
The difference is Outlaw, they live round the corner and are local. They hate us, we hate them. Just the way it is and always will be.

According to your theory Villa would have been our rivals last season. Now I hate Villa and the likes of Stoke BNP, but I would never class them as our rivals. They don't deserve that recognition.

Accomplished

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
It could have been any other team in their place. To me, Sp**s are nothing but a mere after thought, like Wigan or Portsmouth. Why? I've just explained my reasons. If you want to give credence to something irrelevent, you can go ahead and do that. I don't give a f**k about history, there was once a time when Chelsea were nothing but now they're our rivals. Tottenham were once our rivals back in the 80's but now they're out of fashion like flare jeans. Them beating us was no different to the points we dropped against Birmingham or Sunderland. I think some of you guys need to brush up on your definition of 'rival' if you consider Tottenham be that.

been to tottenham away recently have you?

never hated a group of people so much in my life.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
It could have been any other team in their place. To me, Sp**s are nothing but a mere after thought, like Wigan or Portsmouth. Why? I've just explained my reasons. If you want to give credence to something irrelevent, you can go ahead and do that. I don't give a f**k about history, there was once a time when Chelsea were nothing but now they're our rivals. Tottenham were once our rivals back in the 80's but now they're out of fashion like flare jeans. Them beating us was no different to the points we dropped against Birmingham or Sunderland. I think some of you guys need to brush up on your definition of 'rival' if you consider Tottenham be that.

Surely a WUM?

Del Boy

Established Member
darthwenger said:
What we have to try and remember is that most of these players are not Arsenal fans, I'm pretty sure players like Diaby, Denilson etc didn't grow up supporting Arsenal and dreaming of playing for us.

Its a job for them, if Arsenal got relegated then I'm pretty sure that we'd still be up there supporting the team no matter what.

If for example, Man Utd came in with a bid of 12M for Diaby (highly unlikey I know lol) and a massive pay rise then he'd be off like a shot and never give us a second thought again.

There are exceptions to the rule but to most, its just a job.

It was once about loyalty though. Nobody is asking for much just a little passion and feeling with the fans.

We don't have enough English players that know what it means. Campbell is the only one. Walcott is a child and best mates with Bale and some other yid player.

Funny thing is there are probably more Arsenal fans on the Sp**s team... :lol:

outlaw_member

Established Member
Hating their fans and considering their club to be a rival are two entirely different things. I hate Liverpool fans just as much as Sp**s fans for their bouts of delusion but only one of those clubs has been a rival of ours. Honestly, we are 300 miles above Tottenham in every way, shape or form. We shouldn't be seen mingling with those ****s, just because they're happen to be our neighbours. These are three different definitions of the term 'rival'; equal: be equal to in quality or ability; be the rival of, be in competition with; the contestant you hope to defeat.

Does that describe Tottenham to you?

I suppose it might be different for y'all because you probably know many Spuds, whilst I on the other hand have never met one. However, I seriously don't give them a single thought throughout a given year until the NLD, because there is simply no need to do so. The Spuds I know on the forums usually get a blind eye from me because their club nor their fans deserve a Gooner's attention. Their supposed rivalry with us reminds me of the one the English claim to have with the Germans.

Del Boy

Established Member
I find it very unusual that you live in London Outlaw (if I'm not mistaken) and have never met a Sp**s fan!?

I live in Ireland and know a good few. Most of them are gloryhunters though. The type that don't give a **** about the team but come up pissing me off when we lose 5-1 to them. Then again sounds like a typical Sp**s fan doesn't it...

outlaw_member

Established Member
As I've said before, I've had the privilege of never meeting one but that does not mean that their delusion is lost on me, because that much has been made obvious on the internet. Besides, it seems to me that many consider them a rival because of the hatred held towards their fans, but there is a clear difference between that and how the club should be perceived in relation to ours. You can laugh all you want but no-one here will be able to answer why the definition of the term 'rival' does not correlate with the status Tottenham are held in by many Gooners. Either one or the other are wrong and I bet that it sure as hell isn't the dictionary.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom