• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tottenham vs Arsenal | Wed 14 Apr. 20:00 | SS1/2

outlaw_member

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
outlaw_member said:
You live around Gate, don't you IBL, or played for one of the teams based here?
Yep, very close to the Gate and played for a sunday league team aptly named E7 FC :D

You played with a few guys I know. I don't know if you remember Zaeem, a skinny white looking kid but he played for the same team. There were a few others from my school whose names I can't recollect, a very tall mix raced guy and a few others.

Burnwinter

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
That's where we differ, don't we, Burnwinter? I don't feel that the word is applicable to Tottenham. I'd say that 'neighbours' is a more apt fit because it's only the close proximity between the two clubs which signifies any sort of rivalry between us during the past 15 or so years.
Neighbours? I'm sure we'll remember that next time we want to borrow a cup of sugar.

The premises of this discussion are rubbish :D There doesn't have to be one word to describe them, and it doesn't matter if your word is different from someone else's.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Neighbours it is then:
hatfieldsmccoys.jpg

IBL

Established Member
@ outlaw - hah it really is a small world we live in! Yes I remember Zaem the few times I played with him, pretty nippy little player with a good shot on him. The tall guy you're thinking of might be Josh, a hothead but really good player. I heard that he actually trained with the West Ham youth team at one point

outlaw_member

Established Member
Burnwinter said:
outlaw_member said:
That's where we differ, don't we, Burnwinter? I don't feel that the word is applicable to Tottenham. I'd say that 'neighbours' is a more apt fit because it's only the close proximity between the two clubs which signifies any sort of rivalry between us during the past 15 or so years.
Neighbours? I'm sure we'll remember that next time we want to borrow a cup of sugar.

The premises of this discussion are rubbish :D There doesn't have to be one word to describe them, and it doesn't matter if your word is different from someone else's.

Don't blame me, I didn't take offence to my statement. :wink:

outlaw_member

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
hah it really is a small world we live in. Yes I remember Zaem the few times I played with him, pretty nippy little player with a good shot on him. The tall guy you're thinking of might be Josh, a hothead but really good player. I heard that he actually trained with the West Ham youth team at one point

Yep, it was Josh. I play with Zaeem more or less every week, maybe we've run into each other but just don't know it. :lol:

IBL

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Yep, it was Josh. I play with Zaeem more or less every week, maybe we've run into each other but just don't know it. :lol:
quite possibly, I think you would have remembered me though cause I was the only Gooner in the e7 team

xcdude24

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
We've never had a rivalry with Sp**s for as long as I've been watching football, atleast not in my opinion. A rival is someone who actually competes with you for honours, or continually stops you from achieving your goals. A rival is not someone who has had absolutely no relevence to you throughout the past 15+ seasons, North London or not. It would be like Lennox Lewis considering James Oyebola as a rival in his boxing days because they happened to come from the same place.

Take a walk down tottenham high road after last night and I guarantee you you wouldn't be talking like that.

Ganymede

James said:
No messin'

<a class="postlink" href="http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs08/detail.php?productid=ST44441&proddesc=Tottenham+Hotspur+2+-+1+Arsenal+%2814%2F04%2F10%29&supercategory=0030BRN00067~0030CAT00264&branch=&wcategory=CAT00264&catdesc=&super=0030BRN00067~0030CAT00264&treecode=TRE00017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs0 ... e=TRE00017</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll never get tired of posting this

wow20we20beat20spurs.jpg

xcdude24

Established Member
By the way, I was a bit annoyed that the only player to come directly thank our fans after the match was Eboue. A few of them acknowledged us from a distance, but I think it says a lot that he was the only one to actually make the effort and come over. I remember at the home leg pretty much all of the Sp**s players went over and thanked the twelve fans they had left in the stadium.

Anzac

Established Member
xcdude24 said:
By the way, I was a bit annoyed that the only player to come directly thank our fans after the match was Eboue. A few of them acknowledged us from a distance, but I think it says a lot that he was the only one to actually make the effort and come over. I remember at the home leg pretty much all of the Sp**s players went over and thanked the twelve fans they had left in the stadium.

Possibly an indication of where their heads were at with the realisation of what the result meant - not meant as an 'excuse' as such, as IMO they should be apologising to the supporters.

sabret00the

Established Member
xcdude24 said:

It's not everyone's style to run over, it should be but it's not, I saw a few of the players turn towards you, applaud and then walk off. It's not really that much of a consolation, but I remember a time where you'd struggle for any acknowledgement at all.

Abs

Established Member
Well I dont live in birmingham and the only Sp**s fans I know is a married guy in my work who's gay. So Im sure I would hate them more if I was surrended by them, but with Redknapp in charge I hate them more than ever, I hate that dodgy man with passion.......So my Sp**s hate is stronger than ever. Last few years it has been more of laughing at the Sp**s

dreamLord

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs08/detail.php?productid=ST44441&proddesc=Tottenham+Hotspur+2+-***+Arsenal+%2814%2F04%2F10%29&supercategory=0030BRN00067~0030CAT00264&branch=&wcategory=CAT00264&catdesc=&super=0030BRN00067~0030CAT00264&treecode=TRE00017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs0 ... e=TRE00017</a>

Are you kidding me?

thegame24

Established Member
btw anyone notice when ever almunia is interviewed (mostly when we know hell be captain) and says we must win that we end up losing or he ****s up?

Del Boy

Established Member
thegame24 said:
btw anyone notice when ever almunia is interviewed (mostly when we know hell be captain) and says we must win that we end up losing or he f***s up?

Narrow it down a little. You could be talking about any game this season.

Illusion

Established Member
dreamLord said:
http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs08/detail.php?productid=ST44441&proddesc=Tottenham+Hotspur+2+-***+Arsenal+%2814%2F04%2F10%29&supercategory=0030BRN00067~0030CAT00264&branch=&wcategory=CAT00264&catdesc=&super=0030BRN00067~0030CAT00264&treecode=TRE00017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are you kidding me?

Disbelief.

I took the liberty of tinyurling it for increased shareability.

<a class="postlink" href="http://tinyurl.com/spursareajoke" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tinyurl.com/spursareajoke</a>

:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom