• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Arsenal vs AC Milan – 7:45pm – 06/03/12 - SS2

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
200px-Arsenal_1886-2011_Logo.png
Arsenal vs AC Milan
ac-milan-soccer-team-logo-teams-decals-decal-sticker-12909.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------Emirates Stadium
------------------------------------------------Tuesday 6th March 2012
------------------------------------------------------Kick off – 7:45pm
-----------------------------------
250px-Sky_Sports_logo.svg.png

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - - Song - - Rosicky
- Walcott - - - - - Benayoun - - - -Gervinho
- - - - - - - - - - - -- van Persie

Bench: - Fabianski, Djourou, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Chamberlain, Chamakh, Park

My Score Prediction

- Arsenal - 3 - - - - - - AC Milan - 1
- van Persie x2 - - - - Ibrahimovic
--Gervinho

I would be tempted to just cut our losses with this and rest key players for the league, but I think we have to go for it. I don't think we'll be able to do the impossible but we are Arsenal, and we cannot just accept defeat without even trying.

Proof

Established Member
5-0 to the Arsenal!

If we'll play like we did against Sp**s and with a little bit of luck (penalties, deflected shots or own goals) we could go through.

David Smith

Established Member
Get the ball and play a 0-0-10. Don't expect much pressure on the lads, but the only way to win is by scoring more than 4 goals and not conceding any. We can only hope to score the goals and be lucky in defence. I'd be satisfied knowing they've tried their best.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not happening but I would rest key players. AC Milan will get an away goal, looking very impressive against Palermo atm, Ibra has bagged a first half hatty.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need to keep the momentum going, but at the same time we dont need the distraction of the Champions League.

A 3-0 win would keep the mood in the camp high but similarly get these extra games off our plate.

Dont see it happening though, Milan will press us just as high and hard, limit the spaces and cut off all our passing angles.

mo50

Established Member
We have no hope. I would like us to rest players for the Newcastle game, but Wenger will play our strongest XI.

perspolis

I think all fans want from this game is some redemption, no injuries and a fit squad to beat Newcastle on the weekend

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Think we're going to beat them 1-0 or so.

They don't have the benefit of playing on a shambles of a pitch again, and the confindence we've got over the last fixtures will keep us at a certain level, regardless of which personnel Wenger selects.

A narrow win / us keeping our great CL home record against forgein sides is all I'm asking for.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
We're going to win but not sure about the actual result. If I look at how we can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives we'll probably concede which means the tie is over.

We should go in to this game without any pressure, lets just play our natural game and see where this gets us.

Mastadon

Established Member
Would like to see us rotate and rest players but it is a CL tie against Milan at home so surely our strongest team will play. Maybe just rest RVP he can't be replaced if anything happens.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Im hoping Milan score early and kill any intensity... dead game before a tricky meeting with Cisse and Ba please!

CandysRoom

Established Member
Put a second string team out there for this. I feel it highly unlikely we'll overcome the Milan score so would rather we focus on the league now, especially as we're right back in the mix after today.

Sp**s threw a game in the Europa to concentrate on the league, so while not throwing it, a cup side should be fielded to give our key players a rest ahead of a tricky home fixture.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
This forum has been an absolute shambles recently.

Anyway, I hope we can get this game out of the way, whatever the result, and just focus on Newcastle.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well we cant beat them 5-0 its hard. so i hope just we beat them.

chesney

sagna kosh verms gibbs

song Arteta

Aoc Rozza Gervinho

Rvp

I think arteta will be ok. i hope diaby be fit for the sake of his career he must retire if he out for another months.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We'll win this, the tie as well.

We'll get two early goals and another two late on, then Ox will score in extra time and we'll hold out and advance to the next round.

adidas.JPG

Illusion

Established Member
If we had an away goal, I'd say it's absolutely something we can do.

Since we don't have one and our ability to keep a clean sheet is not the greatest, I think we're done for.

I can see us scoring four against that awful Milan defence at home, I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet against those attacking players while we're chasing so many goals.

WengerFaithful

one nil after ten mins
two nil after 25 mins
three nil after 55 mins
equaliser in the 79 min
fourth in the 92 mn min

hope we get a tight win but this is for the dreamers ....

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Clearly we aren't turning this around (has any team ever overcome such a deficit in any two-legged tie?) and I really hope Wenger is cautious with anyone who has the slightest injury concern, within reason of course.

Top Bottom