• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Arsenal vs Montpellier – 7:45pm – 21/11/12 | SS4

dysphoria

Established Member
jones said:
dysphoria said:
i never want turkish officials again, bunch of useless, inept useless ******, how many times did the fat **** of a kebab eating lino call for offside against us when we were level? Also, was pretty obvious the ref was absolutely inept, let hard challenges against santi and the ox go but not for us, ****** nothing good comes out from that turkish league i tell you.

Not even Turkish myself, but you need to be banned. Seriously, was unhappy with the refs myself but this **** is unacceptable, are you ******* thick or what does the ref's nationality have to do with him being inept?

probably because this isn't the first time that i've seen very poor officiating by turkish officials and as someone who follows gala(because of eboue naturally), not only is the super lig corrupt(as seen before), they've consistently got some of the worst refs i've ever seen. Nothing against turks or turkey, love the country especially the ladies but the general standard of football there is terrible(wahey, santos was from there) and that includes the officials. Did you see how unfit the lino was, probably explained why he couldn't keep up with play and kept raising his flags wrongly, as a general rule, we've seen over the years how UEFA has had some of the worst and best officials at the same time and for me anyway, ive yet to be impressed by turkish officials.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i think the referee was italian the linesman made mistakes the referee had a few errors but i think they miles better then the EPL referees.

Airknight

Established Member
Not worthy to made a thread with the forums in its current state so

Szcz 6 - Nothing to do, no problem on set pieces because Montpellier made some comical corners

Sagna 8 - Beast, stepped it up in attack when Ox proved ineffective
Per 6 - Decent but not his best, i like that he takes risks when we're in control but he can also leave us badly exposed.
Kos 8 - Great stuff from Kos today, happy to say that he can challenge for a spot now with Gibbs back
Verms 7 - Not much to do, but nice job offering support for our first goal

Arteta 6 - Was a coward on first half, but improved on second and that helped us to be more dangerous and get the goals
Wilshere 6 - By his standards quite poor until his goal.
Cazorla 7.5 - A typical performance from him, our main source of spark atm

Poldi 7.5 - Giroud might have been the one with the assists, but Poldi was the once consistently trying to grab a goal, when Montpellier's left side was exposed he scored a beauty
Giroud 7 - Did well on the assists (the second was great) but we really need him to be more reliable on a plan not called "cross the ball to Giroud"
Ox 5.5 - Didn't look comfortable on his role and was eventually subbed

==================

Ramsey 6.5 - People expecting him to **** up everything were dissapointed
Gervinho 0 - He slipped
Coquelin N/A

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Can't understand how you've got Cazorla higher than Wilshere in your ratings. I thought Cazorla was extremely quiet by his standards, and the second half Wilshere really turned it up.

dysphoria

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
i think the referee was italian the linesman made mistakes the referee had a few errors but i think they miles better then the EPL referees.

no mate, the entire officiating contingent was from turkey, all the officials in any UCL games at one time will be from the same league and country. The ref definitely made a couple of mistakes, cazorla was definitely targeted and offered no protection, Bedimo was booked too late, had already fouled a couple of our lads way too many time and he wasn't even booked for his obvious dive in the 2nd half. Their CB Congre also got away with plenty of niggly fouls against giroud, what pissed me off though is that there was no consistency to the ref's decisions, if you're going to be strict then you have to be strict towards both sides, the kick that ox got after he released the ball to giroud was not punished, santi was constantly fouled by m'biwa(lad does look talented btw), it was lack of consistency in his officiating that i didn't agree with.

Lets not even get started on the lino on the far side, absolutely useless and was obviously not fit enough to keep up to play, on one of the wrong offside decisions that he flagged for, giroud was at least a yard or two behind the defender! Also, even though he was nearer to the ox when he was fouled by bendimo, the lino did absolutely nothing and it was the ref who was further away who called the foul. Overall, very poor night for the officials.

Airknight

Established Member
Really? i thought Wilshere was the main reason of our poor passing on the first half, as for Cazorla he was hardly quiet, just tightly marked and tackled a lot of times yet was our most influential player in midfield imo.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
dysphoria said:
probably because this isn't the first time that i've seen very poor officiating by turkish officials and as someone who follows gala(because of eboue naturally), not only is the super lig corrupt(as seen before), they've consistently got some of the worst refs i've ever seen. Nothing against turks or turkey, love the country especially the ladies but the general standard of football there is terrible(wahey, santos was from there) and that includes the officials. Did you see how unfit the lino was, probably explained why he couldn't keep up with play and kept raising his flags wrongly, as a general rule, we've seen over the years how UEFA has had some of the worst and best officials at the same time and for me anyway, ive yet to be impressed by turkish officials.

What has the bad officiating to do with calling someone a "fat **** of a kebab eating lino"? Do you even realise that you're saying that the Turkish league is corrupt and that people there can't play football when we're discussing the bad officiating in a CL match yesterday? What's next, call all British people yellow-teethed inbreds when Howard Webb or Mike Dean **** us over as usual?

Need to calm your **** down mate, nationality has **** all to do with yesterday, that was straight up incompetence, like everywhere else (Olympiakos denied penalty, City are gifted penalty etc). Hard to think of any European top league that has consistently decent refs, furthermore if you criticise the Süper Lig for being corrupt, you'll have to do the same with Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Primera Division and most definitely the Premier League too, seeing that all of these leagues had refereeing/match fixing scandals in the past.

dysphoria

Established Member
jones said:
dysphoria said:

What has the bad officiating to do with calling someone a "fat **** of a kebab eating lino"? Do you even realise that you're saying that the Turkish league is corrupt and that people there can't play football when we're discussing the bad officiating in a CL match yesterday? What's next, call all British people yellow-teethed inbreds when Howard Webb or Mike Dean **** us over as usual?

Need to calm your **** down mate, nationality has **** all to do with yesterday, that was straight up incompetence, like everywhere else (Olympiakos denied penalty, City are gifted penalty etc). Hard to think of any European top league that has consistently decent refs, furthermore if you criticise the Süper Lig for being corrupt, you'll have to do the same with Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Primera Division and most definitely the Premier League too, seeing that all of these leagues had refereeing/match fixing scandals in the past.

i'll admit that the line about him being fat and having had more then his fair share of kebabs came out sounding xenophobic but judging by his waistline, i really wouldn't be surprised if it were true, you cannot be that physically unfit and have a good game and naturally, he did not. Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to imply that the reason the officials had a bad game(which they surely did) was because they're from turkey, no, what i meant was that

1) i have very little faith in officials from the super lig being top notch because as we saw just over a year ago, a couple of clubs were found guilty of match fixing and corruption, if a league or FA is not up to standard, neither will be the standard of officiating and vice versa. As for the other leagues possibly being corrupt, i totally agree with you, when you have the sums of money that goes around football game in, game out, there is always the possibility of corruption and i really wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be true. Unfortunately, bar the italian league, there has not been any concrete evidence in recent times to suggest this so all we have for now, are suspicions at least until the next yanited game where i'm sure they'll get their 12th man on when necessary.

Don't think i've ever called anyone inbred bar the occasional stoke fan, would be hard to deny that to be fair and yes, i agree with you that plenty of leagues will have its fair share of officials who will fail to be consistent but again, it is widely accepted that the european officials are generally stricter when it comes to the levels of physicality allowed on the pitch, as i pointed out in one of the posts above to yousif, they were quite obviously biased against us in situations that should've been very straightforward.

beck

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
Ox has been uselless all season long, I would much rather Arshavin.

Montpellier are woeful, but with our lack of quality and poor tactics and desire, I can easily see the game ending in a dull draw.
yes no quality in wilshere or podolski

MaestroCesc

Ox was poor 1st half but improved alot in 2nd half. Why was he playing rb/cm in the 1st half it was like he was scared of attacking by the touchline, was very frustrating.

Our passing didnt really click in the 1st half but we did manage to create some good chances and we were much better in the 2nd half. Mertesacker dribbling his way through their defense only to be tackled at last moment was hilarious.

I thought Koscielny, Vermaelen and Sagna were immense stopping all those attacks in the 1st half where we were poor. Midfield were pretty poor kept losing it, but Jack stepped it up in the 2nd half and his finish was classy.

Podolski's goal was amazing but other than that didnt do much although i guess it doesnt matter if does do something like that.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
beck said:
Rain Dance said:
Ramsey will start. 1-1 the result
bookmakers love your pesimism

Well, would you prefer I predict 4-0 or more and cry about it all week when the result went differently like most posters in the Norwich thread?

PS: If I am wrong means the team wins, I don't see the problem being proven wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom