• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Arsenal vs Olympiacos – 7:45pm – 3/10/12 - SS4

kopzilla

Always Negative
By the way..the world would be keeping their fingers crossed...Ramsey has SCORED a goal!

Who will it be?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Well, I enjoyed that match :)

Today's game showed me:
- Verm and Kos, as brilliant as they are individually, and they are brilliant, they aren't an ideal partnership. Mertesacker gets the best out of each of them, both compliment him well and Mertesacker is a boss in his own right.
- Chamberlain is still guilty of trying a bit too hard, the sooner he relaxes, the sooner his performances will improve.
- Its difficult to tell what position Coquelin is most influential in. Is he an Arteta type midfielder? A B2B, or a DM? Certainly a mystery to me, but he was good in glimpses today. Hope his injury isn't too bad.
- Podolski plays best for us coming off the left, I'm guessing Wenger flirted with the idea of him upfront but he is DEADLY when coming inside. Keep him there.
- Gervinho, hasn't quite convinced me he can be a reliable centre forward, but he's doing a good job for the team, long may it continue.
- Giroud has an awesome presence. He's notched up a few assists now too, he needs to get his chance soon, he looks sharp.
- Ramsey can be our Lampard. I thought this was possible, he makes good runs from midfield and even after smashing a left foot volley well wide earlier in the game he still managed a top class finish at the end, he can do a job whilst Diaby and perhaps Coquelin are out.

And finally...

Our slick passing is a real joy to watch ;D .

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
- Gervinho, hasn't quite convinced me he can be a reliable centre forward

5 goals out of 7 games, that not reliable enough? you'll hardly find much better stats from any striker in the league currently.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
DiamondGooner said:
- Gervinho, hasn't quite convinced me he can be a reliable centre forward

5 goals out of 7 games, that not reliable enough? you'll hardly find much better stats from any striker in the league currently.

Yeah he's scoring goals but I don't think he excels at any one attribute. With strikers like Mario Gomez you know what you're going to get, he'll play on the shoulder and stick away 9 out of 10 chances you give him. With strikers like Aguero he's going to run the defensive line, look to get in behind and use his pace to score goals. When Gerv is upfront it's hard to tell what he's going to give you, his finishes don't look entirely convincing, his head is down for the majority of the time and his decision making isn't great. He had a good game today and he's a really hard worker, but I don't think he should be consistently playing upfront for us if his main attribute is hard work.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
No, but we can afford Giroud who can do what Mario Gomez does.

With strikers like Mario Gomez you know what you're going to get, he'll play on the shoulder and stick away 9 out of 10 chances you give him.

Apparently not. :lol:

fabo

6.51 / 10
It was a terrible match tbf, wouldn't rate anyone on our side higher than a 6/10. Feel like I aged 5 years watching that.

Gervinho continues his streak of playing like **** yet nicking a goal. Doubt it will continue but might aswell enjoy it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
DiamondGooner said:
No, but we can afford Giroud who can do what Mario Gomez does.

With strikers like Mario Gomez you know what you're going to get, he'll play on the shoulder and stick away 9 out of 10 chances you give him.

Apparently not. :lol:

Even though its precisely what he done against Coventry? :roll:

Plus he's not even been given a proper run of games for us. It remains to be seen whether he can do a Mario Gomez, I'm sure he can.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
fabo said:
It was a terrible match tbf, wouldn't rate anyone on our side higher than a 6/10. Feel like I aged 5 years watching that.

Gervinho continues his streak of playing like **** yet nicking a goal. Doubt it will continue but might aswell enjoy it.

My god Fabo your worse than Victor flipping Meldrew from One foot in the grave.

I'd hate to see your thoughts if we'd lost the game.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
fabo stays on message though, he can find the end of the world in a 7-0 thrashing of barcelona, so give him credit for consistency.

to be fair, we played poorly today outside of our fullbacks.

MaestroCesc

Dont agree with comments on Koscielny-Vermaelen partnership at the moment, they have hardly played that many games together to form an understanding because of the injuries we had last season whereas both of them have played way more with Merte.

1st half display was shocking and i was very disappointed with Ox didnt get into the game at all. Coquelin wasnt great, i would like to see Frimpong play in that position and both FBs were great as per usual. I thought Vermaelen was bad but Koscielny was good and Giroud and Ramsey were great when they came on

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i guess some people are underestimating the fact that this is the Champions League, not the Carling Cup.. Olympiakos were champions of Greece, and started the season undefeated and allowing only 3 goals in 5 games (oh, and they allowed all of 17 last season total). they arent as bad as some make out..

2 wins, top spot. good enough, especially when we arent really clicking on the night.. look at ManU yesterday.. they were terrible and then snuck out a 2-1 win (oh, f*ck you RvP) and the media hails them for their fighting spirit..

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Our midfield was **** today. Cazorla completely anonymous until later in the game and Arteta was sloppy as hell in the first half.

Coquelin still doesn't impose himself on games although he wasn't bad tonight. However, it's meek performances like that which make me (and probably Wenger) prefer Frimpong to him.

cannonade

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i guess some people are underestimating the fact that this is the Champions League, not the Carling Cup.. Olympiakos were champions of Greece, and started the season undefeated and allowing only 3 goals in 5 games (oh, and they allowed all of 17 last season total). they arent as bad as some make out..

2 wins, top spot. good enough, especially when we arent really clicking on the night.. look at ManU yesterday.. they were terrible and then snuck out a 2-1 win (oh, f*ck you RvP) and the media hails them for their fighting spirit..

So true!

We've played French champs away, Pl champs away. UCL champs at home, and Greek champs at home.
These are tough opponents and all are highly motivated.
We're not bad and will get lots better.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
cannonade said:
USArsenal said:

So true!

We've played French champs away, Pl champs away. UCL champs at home, and Greek champs at home.
These are tough opponents and all are highly motivated.
We're not bad and will get lots better.

Nicely put.

GOONER1991

Established Member
I'm impressed with Coquelin's confidence on the ball. I don't think he is going to be a DM in the future if I'm honest, I think he's got a lot more to his game than that, that we are yet to fully see.

Top Bottom