• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Montpellier vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 18/9/12 - SS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
200px-Montpellier_HSC_logo.svg.png
Montpellier vs Arsenal
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

---------------------------------------------------- Stade de la Mosson
--------------------------------------------Saturday 18th September 2012
-------------------------------------------------------Kick off – 7:45pm
---------------------------------------
sky_sports_2.png

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Santos
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Diaby - - Arteta
- Gervinho - - - - - - - - Cazorla - - - - - - - -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Giroud

Bench: - Mannone, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott, Chamberlain

My Score Prediction

- Montpellier - 1 - - - Arsenal - 1
- Belhanda - - - - - - - Arteta

leo_ense

Established Member
Would like to see some rotation in this game. Montpelier have had a really poor start to their season so we should be looking to win. Koscielny needs to play whether it's at RB or CB, in order to get fit for the City game. Even if Diaby is fit I'd like to see him rested in order to be fit against City, so I'd give one of Ramsey or Coquelin a game in that B2B role. Would like Santos in at LB or maybe even LW to get some minutes and rest Gibbs. Gervinho has to start after today's performance. If we perform well and are leading I'd take Cazorla, Podolski and Arteta off and give them rest for 30 minutes.

KyleHyde

Don't think Diaby will be ready on this match. Coq and Rambo will probably fight it out at the training ground(metaphorically speaking) for a chance to start.

Also, I dont think Chambo will travel with the team. Wouldn't be surprised if Gnarby makes a cameo if things went well for us in the game.

leo_ense

Established Member
Tbh Gervinho wasn't strictly a ST today, the front 3 were fluid and interchanged, there were moments Podolski was central and Gervinho was out wide. Having a completely interchangeable front 3 is something we lacked last season due to RVP being the main man and not drifting at all. Having Podolski/Chamberlain/Gervinho offers our attack another dimension if an out and out CF isn't working.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Hate that line up, I think after today not giving Gervhino further games with him as ST is just stupid.

You don't see something that works then mess with it, Gerv as a wide man has struggled to be really effective, up front today his mobility terrorised the back four.

Same mid and attack as today, maybe let Santos get a start at LB, give Mannone a game?

If were doing well let Ramsey rest Arteta or Diaby.

Until Rosicky or Wilshere get back Cazorla has become indispensable although Ox could try that role actually there is Arshavin if we can trust him to put in a shift?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Montpellier had shocking start of the season, and after our last tow games performance am excepting from us to win this game. some of our players need a bit rest.

Chesney

Jenkinson Kosh Tv5 Santos

Diaby Arteta

Walcott Ramsey Gervinho

Giroud

2-1 Giroud will score the both goals.

progman07

Established Member
Ramsey should start, for me. He did very well to create that goal, and should get some game time anyways, just like Santos.

Flow

-------------Mannone
Santos-Koscielny-Mertesacker-Jenkinson
--------Ramsey---Arteta
Walcott-----Cazorla-----Gervinho
------------Giroud

We need some rotation just before the big game v Man City.

(One of) Cazorla and Arteta off (if we're up) for Diaby and/or Coquelin at the 60 minute mark.

Hopefully Giroud will nick a goal.

Flow

Would be interesting to see how our team performs without the Spanish magicians. Both of them.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
arsenallegends said:
Ring in the changes.

Szczesny; Jenkinson, Per, Koscielny, Santos; Coquelin, Ramsey, Arshavin; Gervinho, Giroud, Theo
Can't afford to rotate too much though, this is still an important game.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Thats a terrible team!

We play City on Sunday so we have plenty of time to recover after...i wouldn't make many changes. I presume Diaby will come back in for Coquelin but after that i'd be tempted to go with the same team again. Maybe Santos for Gibbs and Theo for Chamberlain.

mo50

Established Member
I wouldn't mind seeing any of Giroud, Santos, Diaby, Ramsey or Walcott start this game. We need to start using our capable squad players now or else we'll suffer come February.

I've no clue how Montpellier play, I have no clue how they're doing this season nor do I know any of their players so it'll be interesting to see how this game goes.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think Diaby is a must against City and Arsène knows it and wants his physical presence for that game, so I think he'll start on the bench against Montpellier and will only come on if needed. I think Mertesacker will make way for Koscielny, so Koscielny can get some minutes under his belt before City away (I think Wenger will go with Koscielny and Vermaelen against City.)

Ramsey could come in for Coquelin due to him being more experienced in the CL and I think Giroud will play against his former club, coming in for Ox.

3 changes in total:

Koscielny > Mertesacker
Ramsey > Coquelin
Giroud > Ox

--------------------------Szczesny
Jenkinson----Koscielny---Vermaelen----Gibbs
---------------------Arteta--Ramsey
Gervinho---------------Cazorla--------Podolski
---------------------------Giroud

gstew

-----------------------Szczesny
Jenkinson----Koscielny---Mertesacker----Santos
---------------------Arteta--Coquelin
Walcott-----------------Ramsey--------Arshavin
-------------------------Giroud

Subs to use:
Diaby ----> Ramsey
Gervinho -----> Arshavin
Podolski -----> Giroud

I really want us to integrate Arshavin. We should rest Cazorla whenever possible. And Vermaelen has played 90 minutes every game for club and country, whereas Mert hasn't been playing for Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom