• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Montpellier vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 18/9/12 - SS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Well, Real were absolutely dominant, but you have to keep in mind that those statistics don't mean that much for a team that has Cristiano Ronaldo in it, remember when they showed the statistic for his goal in the 90th minute, he alone had ten shots and seven attempts at goal. :lol:

Joe Hart indeed had a busy evening and made some decent saves, still laughable how MOTD were on his nuts all day long until he ****ed up big time on Ronaldo's goal. Big part of the blame has to be laid on Kompany's door, who just ducked down cowardly from Ronaldo's shot, leaving Hart with little time to react, but he definitely should have done better, Chiles looked seriously depressed when Keane started ripping into Hart for his blunder.

Giroud

Established Member
We certainly didn't look as assured last night, Montpellier found some space that wasn't there in our opening few games. That volley when (Mounier?) found himself in acres of space comes to mind, that was a great chance.

eye4goal

Established Member
I think our defence is playing too deep right now. It is a natural tendency when you play with Mertesacker I feel. As others have said it was the usual away struggle in Europe. They pressed as higher-up and forced us to play more from our right flank. Podolski and Gervinho are having to do too much in the current set-up in terms of defence and attack and we really need to rotate them for our game to work. I think we should have pushed Podolski upfront around the 60th minute mark

mistaT

Established Member
Still not sold on Gibbs, and its only further compounded by having Vermalean behind him/Diaby to his side.

Both Diaby and Gibbs suffer from terrible positioning and this invites pressure onto an often too rash Vermalean. Think we'll continue to see most of our goals leaked from that side this season.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Our defending yesterday was of the usual standard we have come to expect over the last 5 years. Many labelled it as a solid defensive display, I'd say it was ******* shaky.

I wonder if Adams is bitter about Bould? Just a thought.

TBH that's exactly what crossed my mind and quite frankly I didn't like the tone of his interview.

When Adams was here Arsenal didn't have to contend with billionaire owners pushing up the prices and wages of players let alone the fact that these players "we sold" more than half of them asked to leave, we didn't just sell them for the sake of it.

Were doing so well up to now so why is this div chatting sh*t is beyond me?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'm glad I'm not the only one who picked up on it. Adams was extremely sceptical all night last night, Hoddle of all people spoke most positively about us. All I ever heard Adams say was 'They rode their luck'. The CL can be won on luck, ask Chelski.

Adams, your a legend and a lovely chap, but perk the **** up!

Proof

Established Member
Bitter alcoholic. Adams' comments prove that the legend status is what fans say to convince themselves that the club they support is worth playing for.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
We do not know why Bould got the nod ahead of him, we can speculate/guess of what really went down but we will never know the truth!

The man is beyond legend and deserves more respect than the cheap shots you guys are taking at him on an Arsenal fans forum no less...that's disgrace.

He was right about our defense last night who made Bocaly, Cabella, Yanga-Mpiwa all look like Messi and he's also right about few other things he's said about the club being turned into a feeder club...what's so bitter about that?

Read this article.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/19/3387186/arsenal-no-more-that-a-feeder-club-says-club-legend-ton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... legend-ton</a>

Cruisio

Established Member
Tbf to Adams, he wasn't really wrong in what he said was he? We DID ride our luck last night

It's just the bluntness of the words could have been toned down slightly

DiamondGooner

Established Member
@SomGooner

We won yet Adams is talking like we lost or something, he then starts spouting off the "we'll never compete because were a selling club", I thought he was out of order, we've won three games in a row so where's the disaster?

I don't care if he is a legend that doesn't mean he can say whatever about the club and I'll just kiss his ass.

Especially when he's talking about a bunch of players who asked to leave, what else was the club supposed to do exactly?

I'm a little sick of all this negativity from certain corners of this club, if it's not RVP it's Sagna, if it's not Sagna it's fricking Adams.

scytheavatar

Established Member
SomGooner said:
We do not know why Bould got the nod ahead of him, we can speculate/guess of what really went down but we will never know the truth!

The man is beyond legend and deserves more respect than the cheap shots you guys are taking at him on an Arsenal fans forum no less...that's disgrace.

Adams deserves respect as a legendary defender and club captain. Nothing more than that. He's a complete flop as a manager and something is wrong if you don't understand why Bould who was highly successful as a youth manager got a nod as assistant manager over him.

Then common sense would tell anyone that an away trip to last year's French champions is never going to be an easy task, even without Giroud. Bocaly, Cabella and Yanga-Mpiwa are all talented players that could have gotten into our starting XI. Us struggling should come as no surprise. And our players worked hard to win, yet Adams blasts us as if we have lost.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
He's lost a bet (regarding van Persie to ManUre), and has to use a ManUre badge as avatar, for a while.

Well actually he lost that bet to me and it was for a month, 15th August to the 15th September.

Don't ask me why he still has it, I've tried to remind him the bets over.

(think he's starting to like it)

Illusion

Established Member
Adams is a very blunt natural champion, he doesn't have the best way of vocalising his thoughts though.

His views weren't necessarily wrong, just his method of delivery was a bit uneasy.

Muharraqawi

Really don't get why we didn't rotate more players, Koscielny, Ramsey, and Walcott need games badly and had they featured in this one plus the CC game they would've been fit and ready in case of any injuries, suspensions, or drop of form to any of our players.

We've been running our best players to the ground for the last couple of seasons and it always comes back to haunt us so we should definetely start rotating more.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
DiamondGooner said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
He's lost a bet (regarding van Persie to ManUre), and has to use a ManUre badge as avatar, for a while.

Well actually he lost that bet to me and it was for a month, 15th August to the 15th September.

Ahhh thanks for explaining! Bit of an odd forfeit though :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
DiamondGooner said:
redwhiteAustrian said:

Ahhh thanks for explaining! Bit of an odd forfeit though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom