• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Montpellier vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 18/9/12 - SS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

infineon

Established Member
Muharraqawi said:
We've been running our best players to the ground for the last couple of seasons and it always comes back to haunt us so we should definetely start rotating more.
I don't really know how Wenger thinks when it comes to tiredness, injuries and sickness. I remember Walcott getting ill last Christmas, his form then dropped, he got a lot of stick and then 4 weeks later when his performances start to pick up again, Wenger comes out in the press and says "oh yeah, he was bad for a month because he was sick." If he was physically under-performing because of illness, why play the guy for a month???

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-walcott-is-on-the-way-back-up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ay-back-up</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
DiamondGooner said:
@SomGooner

We won yet Adams is talking like we lost or something, he then starts spouting off the "we'll never compete because were a selling club", I thought he was out of order, we've won three games in a row so where's the disaster?

I don't care if he is a legend that doesn't mean he can say whatever about the club and I'll just kiss his ass.

Especially when he's talking about a bunch of players who asked to leave, what else was the club supposed to do exactly?

I'm a little sick of all this negativity from certain corners of this club, if it's not RVP it's Sagna, if it's not Sagna it's fricking Adams.

I understand that but its not like he wasn’t happy that we won but rather concerned about how easily Montpellier seemed to get through our defence and create chances that could’ve cost us and from their perspective should and to be fair we were all concerned as well.

Adams and Ian Wright are both passionate about Arsenal Football Club and both of them wear their hearts on their sleeves which seems to rub many Gooners in the wrong way most of the time but that does not mean they love the club less or they don’t want to see Arsenal winning football matches and ultimately trophies

We all have our own way of expressing ourselves but some can articulate their frustration better than others without coming across as boneheads and clearly Adams and Ian Wright aren’t Churchill or Gandhi but football players who only know how to express themselves in their own unique way.

As Gooners we’ve been through 7 years of hell and I understand why we feel uncomfortable every time our club gets criticized on TV even if it happens to be a constructive criticism from one of the greatest players we’ve ever had but we mustn’t forget that Adams and Ian Wright are speaking as fans and not as ex-players or pundits and they have a hard time in understanding how the greatest club in the world (in their eyes there’s no bigger club in the world than AFC) can allow itself to be publicly humiliated every season and yes we could do something about it and we could start by not allowing players to run down their contracts.

evoh_1

Established Member
Proof said:
Bitter alcoholic. Adams' comments prove that the legend status is what fans say to convince themselves that the club they support is worth playing for.

Weak, very weak. He is a legend and has every right to ask why arsenal are putting themselves in the position they are now, I don't even understand the meaning of the rest of the dross you've written.
DiamondGooner said:
@SomGooner

We won yet Adams is talking like we lost or something, he then starts spouting off the "we'll never compete because were a selling club", I thought he was out of order, we've won three games in a row so where's the disaster?

I don't care if he is a legend that doesn't mean he can say whatever about the club and I'll just kiss his ass.

Especially when he's talking about a bunch of players who asked to leave, what else was the club supposed to do exactly?

I'm a little sick of all this negativity from certain corners of this club, if it's not RVP it's Sagna, if it's not Sagna it's fricking Adams.

Sorry but is anyone happy with the sitaution arsenal have been in for a while now? Didn't think so. Now imagine that you have captained and only played for the club, wiining titles as well so no wonder you've annoyed as a fan with what we do.

Tony and others have just said what some fans have been saying so whats the problem there? Its not a party whip on this "we'll win the title" "we make stars" etc comments, everyone has their own mind and is free to speak it if they so wish.

scytheavatar

Established Member
SomGooner said:
As Gooners we’ve been through 7 years of hell and I understand why we feel uncomfortable every time our club gets criticized on TV even if it happens to be a constructive criticism from one of the greatest players we’ve ever had but we mustn’t forget that Adams and Ian Wright are speaking as fans and not as ex-players or pundits and they have a hard time in understanding how the greatest club in the world (in their eyes there’s no bigger club in the world than AFC) can allow itself to be publicly humiliated every season and yes we could do something about it and we could start by not allowing players to run down their contracts.

How that heck are we publicly humiliated by winning a match? And having a string of good results? I am sorry, there's always a time to criticize the team and the transfer dealings, but if you are waiting for the slightest excuse to criticize the team even when we are doing well you are not a fan. You are a hater that should just go support Chelsea or Citeh if you can't find any pride in supporting Arsenal FC.

VAVAVOOM 14

More than anything I thought this game just accentuated the fact that we suffer if we play at a slow tempo. We were stifled for long periods of the game a la Sunderland/Stoke, when we become stagnant we really look clueless.

The lack of movement and spark was all too evident, insipid lateral and backwards passing; we must make sure we dictate the pace of our matches.

titi perfection

A bit disappointed with Adams comments, His comments are that of other pundits and journo,s the same tired old crap. The question that should be put to them is what did we win exactly when these players were at the club.

Manure have build a career out of scaping through games by the skin of their teeth infact they have did it in every game this season bar Everton. I dont hear anybody calling them out, when they have been doing it for years.

TBH Adams did come across as either bitter, or just clueless. I respect him as an outstanding player, but his comments just reek of lazy sloppy rehashed bandwagon sh*te

fabo

6.51 / 10
Don't see what the big fuss is at all - Adams is there as a pundit to give his views on the match and goings on at the club.

He said some positive things e.g about Jenkinson's progression(you can just tell people like Adams and Bould would want to see a kid like him do well), our shape at certain points in the match and our ability to play the offside trap on 3 or 4 occasions. He also highlighted how poor we were in the second half, Per got dragged out wide a few times(not always his fault), Diaby pissed about in the box twice(his fault), the midfield wasn't at it, we gave up some great chances and posed little threat ourselves bar the Diaby run and pass to Cazorla iirc.

He's sceptical about this new found defensive solidity, some fans are too. No big deal. Who gives a **** about United, we concede 40+ a season, they don't.

titi perfection

Dont know what he was getting dramatic about we looked a bit tired in the 2nd half and montpellier are a good team that where well up for it, no big deal it has happened to all good teams. The important thing is we got out of there with 3 points.

Some fans are just getting tired of all the negative crap, im sick of listening to the same tired old rehashed nonsence. We get it already how many times do people have to keep coming out with the same lines. If those players had won anything when they were at the club it would make sense, but they won feck all and had gone stale and negative. I just do not understand how people can twist a positive into a negative.

I like our new look team, it looks more balanced and the players seem happy to play together, winning matches leads to confidence, right now we are on a good little run, unbeaten and have conceded ony 2 goals. The players will be growing in confidence. Winning matches is all that matters.

Cruisio

Established Member
Again in fairness...

no Arsenal legend have come out and said they are happy with the situation at Arsenal at the moment over the past few years. They pretty much all have used the phrase "as a fan" and then voiced their displeasure, just like we all have

Ljungberg has been the latest one

DiamondGooner

Established Member
^ Just a question, wasn't Adams an alcoholic? if so what's wrong with the truth? bitter is a matter of opinion.

titi perfection said:
Some fans are just getting tired of all the negative crap, im sick of listening to the same tired old rehashed nonsence. We get it already how many times do people have to keep coming out with the same lines. If those players had won anything when they were at the club it would make sense, but they won feck all and had gone stale and negative. I just do not understand how people can twist a positive into a negative.

Just think if we lost lol.

evoh_1

Established Member
DiamondGooner said:
^ Just a question, wasn't Adams an alcoholic? if so what's wrong with the truth? bitter is a matter of opinion.

titi perfection said:

You are a true C#nt, the man has battled his demons which is harder than most on here could imagine, he WAS an alcoholic and is now clean, getting into him over that is as sad as I can imagine.

Segway

FFS, just realized I just had to explain to someone why it's unacceptable to call an ex-alcoholic "a bitter alcoholic".

DiamondGooner

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
DiamondGooner said:

titi perfection said:

You are a true C#nt, the man has battled his demons which is harder than most on here could imagine, he WAS an alcoholic and is now clean, getting into him over that is as sad as I can imagine.

So I'm a c*nt yet it wasn't me that said it? go fk yourself you gippy tw*t.

Segway said it's out of order for the former poster saying he was an alcoholic, he is though, I didn't say I agreed with using it as an insult you over sensitive mug.

Harder than I can imagine? really maybe in your sheltered little world but I've seen people who had to come off hard drugs so not new to me.

evoh_1

Established Member
DiamondGooner said:
Just a question, wasn't Adams an alcoholic? if so what's wrong with the truth? bitter is a matter of opinion.

DiamondGooner said:
So I'm a c*nt yet it wasn't me that said it? go fk yourself you gippy tw*t.

Segway said it's out of order for the former poster saying he was an alcoholic, he is though, I didn't say I agreed with using it as an insult you over sensitive mug.

Harder than I can imagine? really maybe in your sheltered little world but I've seen people who had to come off hard drugs so not new to me.

You supported it so whats the difference when you state it as a fact that its OK to call him an alcoholic? Now you want to back track say you don't support what he said, might be better to make your mind up before you try and insult me ffs.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
You supported it so whats the difference when you state it as a fact that its OK to call him an alcoholic? Now you want to back track say you don't support what he said, might be better to make your mind up before you try and insult me ffs.

mod edit - come on DG, dont perpetuate it (US)

Get lost I'm not going to waste my time with you, read what I said I didn't support using it as an insult I just stated, actually questioned it as a fact, that did not warrant you calling me a c*nt.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
evoh_1, to be honest, this little spat is all your doing.. Diamond didnt insult you until you called him a c**t, which was highly unnecessary..

Adams is an alcoholic.. (not WAS, he IS. once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic - albeit a recovering one).. the bitter part was a tad off, but that's someone's opinion, full stop..

i actually didnt see what Diamond said that was incorrect. he didnt backtrack on anything. he still says Adams is an alcoholic, and he is, just a recovering one..

lets stop this crap now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom