• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Olympiacos vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 04/12/12 - ITV1

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I hope Arsène realises soon that Gervinho will never be Messi and Ramsey will never be Iniesta. Fvck Barca I want my Arsenal back dammit.

This team is by far the most average Arsenal team I've ever watched, they're all bunch of useless cowards.

MaestroCesc

dyeruz said:
MaestroCesc said:
Thought Vermaelen was superb, Ramsey, Coquelin, Rosicky and Ox were were decent. Meade was solid but got caught out at times, but a solid full debut.
:shock:
Ramsey was decent? He wasnt the worst but or the best, but he made some nice passes and flicks

dyeruz

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
dyeruz said:
MaestroCesc said:
Thought Vermaelen was superb, Ramsey, Coquelin, Rosicky and Ox were were decent. Meade was solid but got caught out at times, but a solid full debut.
Ramsey was decent? He wasnt the worst but or the best, but he made some nice passes and flicks
Not the worst because that goes to Mt Forehead cant see the other player on a break away

Ramsey for me didnt do anything, got caught in possession, tried flicks where he shouldn't. You can excuse AOC because he's young but Ramsey is now a senior player, the player we were supposed to rely on when we sold the Nasri's and Fabregas's, he cant continue to keep dialing in these kind of performances, he has to seriously step up

Uncle Mike

Established Member
SomGooner said:
I hope Arsène realises soon that Gervinho will never be Messi and Ramsey will never be Iniesta. Fvck Barca I want my Arsenal back dammit.

This team is by far the most average Arsenal team I've ever watched, they're all bunch of useless cowards.

GK 1 David Seaman
RB 2 Lee Dixon
CB 5 Andy Linighan
CB 6 Drunk Tony Adams
LB 12 Steve Morrow
MF 4 Stefan Schwarz
MF 10 Paul Merson
MF 11 Ray Parlour
MF 14 David Hillier
FW 8 Ian Wright
FW 9 John Hartson

There's your Arsenal. 12th place. Now apologize to the nice Frenchman and tell him you'll never doubt him again.

After all, he dried Adams out, and he did more with that back 5 than Graham did. Then he replaced them and won all over again.

MaestroCesc

The_Playmaker said:
dyeruz said:
MaestroCesc said:
I agree with Maestro - I don't think it's over the top to say Ramsey was decent, because he was. What I do take issue with, however, is Vermaelen: thought he was poor. (Squid too, but that goes without saying).

How did you come to the conclusion that Ramsey was decent?

He is a central midfielder who is unable to give us anything defensively. He can't win the ball, he can't header. He has no acceleration and is completely one pace. He hardly has any strength. The one ability he does have is ball retention, and I lost count of the amount of times he lost the ball this evening. It is an illusion that people think he has stamina. When you simply jog back into position when you have lost the ball, you hardly waste any energy. Wrong decisions, poor long ball attempts, stupid flicks, too many touches on the ball. That doesn't equate to decent.

I'm sorry you can't play central midfield and hardly make a tackle all match and be called decent.[/quote]
Maybe if you took your Ramsey hating tinted glasses, you would see. He didnt lose the ball more than anyone else, he does have acceleration and stamina for the latter if he didnt wouldnt be playing for Arsenal... His long balls were pretty good... His flicks were creative and did more good than bad

The problem with Ramsey is everyone remembers every bad thing he does like losing the ball but never for someone like Jack

@AnthonyG Vermaelen had a debutant LB, and an incompetent CB possibly one of the worst players to play for the club, i thought he was pretty good on the whole, positioning was bad for the 1st though

Uncle Mike

Established Member
As far as I am concerned, anyone who doubts Arsenal can go support another club, because you're doing a damn poor job of supporting this one.

VancouverCanuck

As far as I am concerned, based on our current form, we have no chance of advancing regardless of who our opponents are. So might as well get Barca. No one will give us a chance and the pressure is off.

Vela

Established Member
It's the Champions League you've got to be in it to win it, which means your going to end up playing the best teams in the competition at some point if you want to win it.

Anyway not the best performance tonight from Arsenal but I wasn't expecting much to be honest going by the starting eleven and the bench. Verm and Squillaci were poor for both goals they are experienced defenders and should be doing much better. Meade done well, he didn't look out of place IMO. Jenk's form has dropped a bit recently which is down to not being a regular in the starting eleven now.

Rosicky played well in the first-half, it was good to see a midfielder who wanted to run with the ball forward. Coquelin had some bright moments but he could have been sent off (a second-yellow). Ramsey was poor, normally I'm not that critical of him but a loan move in January would make a lot of sense.

Chamberlain was anonymous, Gervinho his normal inconsistent self. Chamakh worked hard, that's about it. Didn't understand why AW did not bring Akpom on.

evoh_1

Established Member
we'll lose the away fixture so badly whoever we get this team looks shot to pieces and looks liek they have given up already, wenger can't get them moving and unless we see a real performance agaisnt west brom then we are truly ****ed.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
MaestroCesc said:
@AnthonyG Vermaelen had a debutant LB, and an incompetent CB possibly one of the worst players to play for the club, i thought he was pretty good on the whole, positioning was bad for the 1st though
Trust me, in the back of my mind I give everyone on our team some/a break due to Squid playing. :lol: (To be fair, Squid can look competent, but it never lasts the full 90).

Thomas needs to raise his game though, no doubt; not 'given up' on him by any stretch, but he does.

gavboyle

Uncle Mike said:
gavboyle said:
Ramsey, Coquelin, Gervinho, Meade, Squillaci, Chamakh...

What the fvck?

Never should they be put in the same team as starters, maybe stick them on the bench but even as squad players they all really are average.

Rosicky, however, was very good but he was the only one who stood out for me.

The goal we conceded was Sunday League standard, attack the ball for crying out loud!

Every match of watched bar maybe 3 have all been boring, slow paced, not the Arsenal we want to and pay to see.
Long gone are the days we had our opponents fear playing against us.

It's just so dispiriting watching us play.
We knew going in that this game was A, meaningless, and B, a sacrifice to the readiness of our starters. If you didn't know that, then you need to keep up. If you're so dispirited watching Arsenal, there are 91 other Football League clubs you can watch.

Wouldn't say it was meaningless now, if we had one it we would have topped the group potentially giving us a better draw for the last 16 than we'll get now.

Yes, I'm aware we had to rest players but only to appease them really as apparently they're exhausted but still overall I'm just frustrated with the team and tactics we're putting in place for each match so it turned into a a bit of a rant.

I think I'll stick with Arsenal thought because when we finally do start playing well again there is no better feeling.

MaestroCesc

musicmonkey said:
AnthonyG said:
Ramsey was decent in my opinion, not good, not great; same with Coquelin. 3/4 of the back four were the bigger problem: Squid. Vermalen, and Jenkinson.

*dire
I'd agree with the two CBs but i'd swap Jenkinson with Meade.

TV was still always a yard or two out of position at key moments and some shoddy passing and shooting and how well he met all his headers seems to have let him off on here.

I think Jenkinson suffered the opposite, made the obvious mistake of the game for the goal but apart from that wasn't bad and looked more sure and caught out less than Meade yet he's been mentioned more which i think is a tad off.

Meade was pretty good but he was targeted in the air and was caught out a few times. They did send a lot down his wing and he didn't get much help from his wingers though.
I thought Jenkinson and Meade were equal, both displayed good defending at times but also got caught out, just before one of their goals, Jenkinson was ball watching and his guy headed wide when it should have hit back of the net

Giroud

Established Member
The next round is in a good while, we'll be in a different position. Wilshere, Rosicky, Cazorla and Arteta will have time to gel with each other and our forwards, possibly a tweak in our system, maybe looking towards a League Cup final and have the backing of a couple of new signings. I very much doubt we'll be playing so poorly come February and March. Every side has bad patches and we may have one of the worst squads we have all seen but we're definitely underperforming and there are better periods to come.

dyeruz

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
musicmonkey said:
AnthonyG said:
Ramsey was decent in my opinion, not good, not great; same with Coquelin. 3/4 of the back four were the bigger problem: Squid. Vermalen, and Jenkinson.

*dire
I'd agree with the two CBs but i'd swap Jenkinson with Meade.

TV was still always a yard or two out of position at key moments and some shoddy passing and shooting and how well he met all his headers seems to have let him off on here.

I think Jenkinson suffered the opposite, made the obvious mistake of the game for the goal but apart from that wasn't bad and looked more sure and caught out less than Meade yet he's been mentioned more which i think is a tad off.

Meade was pretty good but he was targeted in the air and was caught out a few times. They did send a lot down his wing and he didn't get much help from his wingers though.
I thought Jenkinson and Meade were equal, both displayed good defending at times but also got caught out, just before one of their goals, Jenkinson was ball watching and his guy headed wide when it should have hit back of the net
most of our players ball watch hence the second goal, watching the ball and not closing down fast enough

progman07

Established Member
"We dropped physically in the second half because many players lack competition at that level and therefore we couldn’t take the chances for the second goal."

I'm especially interested in AntG's opinion on that particular bullsh1t by Wenger, as you are still the most pro-Wenger here. :)

Rosicky, Ramsey, Gervinho, Chamakh - they don't lack it.
Chamberlain played last season against Milan.
Coquelin is the part of the 'best ever' squad depth we boast and the reason Song wasn't replaced.

What is he talking about here? Why does he try to fool the more naive fans?

That's where Wenger is the most annoying, dare I say disgusting when he tells pre-season that this is his best ever squad and Song won't be replaced because we have Coquelin, then later he blames the lack of options after a loss.

dyeruz

Established Member
progman07 said:
"We dropped physically in the second half because many players lack competition at that level and therefore we couldn’t take the chances for the second goal."

I'm especially interested in AntG's opinion on that particular bullsh1t by Wenger, as you are still the most pro-Wenger here. :)

Coquelin is the part of the 'best ever' squad depth we boast and the reason Song wasn't replaced.

Or is it, getting completely overrun in the second half, didn't have any players to put on so couldnt make a substitution...excuses excuses, last week players were jaded, this week they haven't played enough and dropped physically, maybe it's because you dont even put Chamakh or Arshavin on the bench. Sounding like a desperate man because the pressure will only intensify if we lose or draw to West Brom

progman07

Established Member
dyeruz said:
progman07 said:

Or is it, getting completely overrun in the second half, didn't have any players to put on so couldnt make a substitution...excuses excuses, last week players were jaded, this week they haven't played enough and dropped physically, maybe it's because you dont even put Chamakh or Arshavin on the bench. Sounding like a desperate man because the pressure will only intensify if we lose or draw to West Brom

Exactly, and pre-season he stated it is his best ever squad... Don't be mistaken, we are doing amazingly fine with injuries, apart from Rosicky and Diaby no first teamer has been injured for over a month, and those two are obviously unreliable.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
progman07 said:
I am? ... My advice: don't listen to a thing either of us says. :wink:

progman07

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
progman07 said:
I am? ... My advice: don't listen to a thing either of us says. :wink:

You always seemed to be but sorry then. I guess you just want to be the most 'politically correct'. :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom