• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Olympiacos vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 04/12/12 - ITV1

Coypus

Ill be positive after that Shed, Jenks Meade, Rosicky, Verm and Sqillanci had good games Coq had a reasonable game and Chamakh got scraps. Four players did not have very good games of the four Ramsey cost the least and and never hid once even though he was having a complete howler. The other three were cowards. I feel sorry for Ramsey now, he tries and is an honest pro. I have been a big critic but after tonight no more. Its not his fault, Its the Manager for putting someone through that game after game without respite. It reminds me sadly of Freddys final season everyone could see he was done yet Wenger kept playing him and Freddy kept trying and failing. Ramsey has a chance to come good but he needs easy matches and good pros round him.

Dwangoon

I can copy and paste this every game..

"Blame ref, pitch, lack of depth, lack of form, lack of mental strength and sharpness..."

yet Wenger refuse to solve anyone of them... RVP is right to leave, now who's next in Jan?

Vermaelen, Sagna, Walcott? Only the deadwood that nobody wants left here.

mo50

Established Member
Rain Dance said:
Knock out stage reached, job is finished

Yup. I don't know what anyone was expecting other than a loss after seeing the 18 that travelled. At least we got a goal and Rosicky looked good.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Apart from his assist, gervinho was down right useless.

His tunnel vision is the worst I have ever seen for an arsenal offensive player.

It really is frustrating because his mazy runs can actually benefit the team big time.

Invincible

Established Member
on Kostas Mitroglou…
Mitroglou scored two great goals. The first one in London was a great header and tonight was a fantastic goal as well, I must say. I won’t say more because if I do you’ll think I want to buy him. He scores goals but I would not want to damage the confidence of Giroud who is in a good moment and we have other quality internal options such as Gervinho and Chamakh.

There you have it lads, those two will be our new signings. :D

Invincible

Established Member
bojed said:

His tunnel vision is the worst I have ever seen for an arsenal offensive player.

It really is frustrating because his mazy runs can actually benefit the team big time.
For a manager who hates to spend big I'm glad that he manages to use our budget responsibly. £11m for Forehead was a fine piece of business. :wink:

DontPushMe

Meade had a decent game, but is this guy really 1.6M?!? that seems impossible

i cant imagine any way he makes it here as a defender with that height

despite the assist, gervinho had a howler, i dont understand why hes so bad, in 2 years he hasnt learned to look up when hes sprinting down the pitch

those of you upset about the weak lineup, remember last year we were angry that we started santos & vermaelen and had santos go down, we were already through to the r16 and pots 1 and 2 will be about equal this time

still, too bad the lads couldnt hold onto the 1-0 lead

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
bojed said:

There was one point where he picked it up, ran at the defence, manouvered it perfectly so that a little throughball would have put Chamakh, who had made a brilliant run, clear in a 1 on 1 against the keeper. He decided to just keep dribbling until he lost the ball. Was so infuriating knowing that even if he got the pass off, I had no faith in Chamakh to finish it off.

Maybe that's why he kept it? Who knows. Was an extremely simple throughball once he'd done the hard part, though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Gervinho will always do more crap than good.

Wenger thinks he's Arsenal quality = BIG problem.

Mastadon

Established Member
Coypus said:
Ill be positive after that Shed, Jenks Meade, Rosicky, Verm and Sqillanci had good games Coq had a reasonable game and Chamakh got scraps. Four players did not have very good games of the four Ramsey cost the least and and never hid once even though he was having a complete howler. The other three were cowards. I feel sorry for Ramsey now, he tries and is an honest pro. I have been a big critic but after tonight no more. Its not his fault, Its the Manager for putting someone through that game after game without respite. It reminds me sadly of Freddys final season everyone could see he was done yet Wenger kept playing him and Freddy kept trying and failing. Ramsey has a chance to come good but he needs easy matches and good pros round him.

You can't blame tiredness this time Ramsey has started 10 games and been a sub in 9. The simple fact is Ramsey is/was highly overrated and he's being found out now yet for some reason you choose to blame Wenger for it? Mate Wenger put his faith in guys like Ramsey,staked his reputation on them, gave them confidence and belief and chance after chance after chance after chance to prove themselves. And a big fat contract whether or not they deserved it. So now the guy can't perform and its Wenger's fault? Ramsey took the big fat contract to play at the highest level in football and if he can't do it there is only 1 person to blame and that is himself.

11211goon

No matter who they get in February, this team is going out and we all know that cept for those "morally superior minority" which likes to play the blame-game on those of us who really cant stand this painfully directed charade of a corporation.

"go support other theam then" - go **** yourself in your mouth then, ****.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
AnthonyG said:
Bossa said:
The teams that we can get in the next round from hard to easy.

Barcelona, Bayern, Dortmund, Shaktar, PSG and Malaga

We are going to get raped so hard(unless we get Malaga)
Charming.

Anyway, it's: PSG, Malaga, Dortmund, Shakhtar/Juventus, Bayern/Valencia, Barcelona.

Yikes Ant. To do well against any of those teams you need a decent result away from home and our away record in Europe over the last few years is worthy of crying.

Don't massively fancy our chances if I'm honest. Team with the fewest attempts on target in the CL so far? Arsenal. We could always do a Chelsea though because at least we have a solid defence to fall back on :wink:

Mastadon

Established Member
Meh f**k em the only team I would consider favourites against us are Bayern and Barca. And Swansea but they arent there so it doesnt count. We always have a chance of doing well in the CL I mean Liverpool proved anyone can win it with a lot of luck.

Segway

Personally think that Gervinho will never be a success with us. He's just too stupid as a footballer and limited when he has to be decisive. Definitely a candidate for one of Wenger's biggest flops.

Oh well. We were always going to lose last night with that squad. Not afraid to admit that I won quite a bit of money on that.

One of the positives though was Meade. He looked assured in possession and he never seemed to make the wrong decision. Promising.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Big Poppa said:
Yikes Ant. To do well against any of those teams you need a decent result away from home and our away record in Europe over the last few years is worthy of crying.
Heh, in our current form I wouldn't confidently back us against those who dropped out at the quals. But we have a window and some time to start to ply the rudder. Aft!

Coypus

It's Not Ramseys fault he is being played when he is totally out of form and his confidence is destroyed its Wengers for not having a midfielder to play in his place. Even last season when we had Song we were still crying out for midfielders because ours were shot, now this season the situation is even worse. Not Ramseys fault it's an arse of a Manager who despite being here for an age still can't comprehend the number and nature of fixtures unless he wants to offer them up as an excuse for our team failing to perform again.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom