• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Schalke vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 6/11/12 | SS2

evoh_1

Established Member
We were unlucky to concede just before half-time. It was a completely different game, but that happened. But this is not an easy place to come. We'll take the point. - Arteta

Unlucky? Pushing out from clearing your lines in the at 46:37 isn't giving yourselves a f~cking chance, you create a possibility for a first or second ball to drop and create an opening that is ****ed in that situation.

This is the wrong atitude and our vice needs to be one of many getting players to hold on to gifts like the 2 goals away from home and concede jsut befoer half time destorys that. It might be the fair result be we have been bummed out of results to many times to keep taking fair results as they never seem to break for us.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arguing over who's better out of Gervinho and Giroud is like arguing over two plastic forks, neither are the real deal.

ArsenalDNA

DiamondGooner said:
Not really because I liked what he said better than you.

Also so easy to be a cocky little tw*t when Gervinho is injured, congratulations.

Anyway we called off the bet if you don't remember when I was going to change leagues. :p

Dropping the T bomb again. Jeez champ, no need to get testy. Wasn't it your constant personal attacks that led to you running to the mods with your tail between your legs asking to go hang out at the kids table?

You don't think you'd be doing the exact thing if it was the other way round. You'd be running through every thread screaming from the rooftops if Gervinho managed to scuff a couple of shots into the goal.

We didn't call if off actually bud. You've changed your mind, again, and realised making that bet only ever had one outcome.

I don't actually care if you have a new avatar or not. You being wrong is enough.

trunks206

Established Member
arsmile said:
another one!?

i think jenkinson's performances at RB this season have been better than sagna's.

but you know- it is subjective isnt it? I can understand people thinking they'd rather go with sagna's experience moving forward from here.

i disagree that jenkinson is rubbish going forward though- his crossing is damn near the best at the club.

And I'm starting to think there is a myth that Jenkinson is a good crosser of the ball....based on this season. From what I see out of him when he plays its him either hitting the defender who is on him with a cross or he just receives the pass...runs two yards...stops...fakes a pass to the RW....plays in back to Per. It's painful to watch and overall extremely frustrating.

Wait why are we all even agrueing this? Youre right it is subjective plus I think we can all agree that the RB position isnt anywhere near the top of the list as to what is wrong with the team's performance as of late.

dyeruz

Established Member
MaestroCesc again with the "technical" nonsense who said Jenkinson isn't good "technically" he played well, very well, committing few mistakes, linking up with play well, he doesn't have a trick to get past a player but that doesn't mean he's not a proficient footballer good with both feet and able to cross a ball with minimum space. Technical has become some sort of nonsense buzz word which is a catch all for everything but means nothing. Is Jenkinson on the same skill level as Messi, f*ck no, if you notice Cole doesn't have a trick either does that mean he's not "technical"? Instead of technical use skill. Jenkinson is not the most skillful, he is however solid.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Invincible said:
The frightening thing is that the self-harmer thought we played 'very well' in his post-match interview.
OK, I know we've had our differences, mostly sorted I think, so I'm going to ask, just ask, this nicely: can we see an end to this particular (and idiosyncratic) epithet? Please. Anyone would think you're afraid of naming the devil.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wenger on decision to stop the game when Podolski was in: "I've never seen a decision like that in my career." #afc

Wenger: "To stop the game when a player rolled over his ankle when another player had a chance on goal. I've never seen that.

Arsène please careful with your comments. uefa maybe will get mad with you again.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sagna is doing OK since comeback, and he will be back his usual lelve as the season goes on.

Jenkinson on the other hand shows he's really good at going forward while still competent at defending. If he can play LB/LWB, he might become Arsenal's Zambrotta.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Glovegun said:
Eisfeld looks like a prospect, but he's played half a CC match. How has he suddenly become a first-team starter?

We saw this with Gnabry a few weeks ago. Everyone wanted him to start and now he's hardly being mentioned.

Some people were calling for Martinez to start over Mannone despite him never even playing for the first team. He makes a mistake against Reading and now he's useless presumably.

i wasn't calling for him to start simply for the sake of it. at least do me the courtesy of reading the post - it was a fraction of yuvken's in length.

and i said in place of ramsey or arshavin - he couldn't be any worse than either defensively, you would really have to try. and he's just as likely to do something magical as both of those, while being better at ball retention. you don't have to be a physical monster or an international captain to excel at that.

Glovegun

Established Member
dyeruz said:
Sagna is a good defender but let's get rid of this myth that Jenkinson's not good going forward..because what does that mean? He get's forward, he regularly puts crosses in, he's a good defender but somehow he's not good going forward...f*cking laughable, do people actually know what they're talking about or is it Jenkinson's English/Finnish so let's put the lazy, he's not technical, he's limited bollocks?

Completely agree.

mo50

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
Wenger on decision to stop the game when Podolski was in: "I've never seen a decision like that in my career." #afc

Wenger: "To stop the game when a player rolled over his ankle when another player had a chance on goal. I've never seen that.

Arsène please careful with your comments. uefa maybe will get mad with you again.

I don't remember that incident, when did it happen?

evoh_1

Established Member
THunter said:
Arguing over who's better out of Gervinho and Giroud is like arguing over two plastic forks, neither are the real deal.

Too true the argument shouldn't be which one we will play with it should be who can we bring in that can do a job for a top club.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If people can't see that Sagna should take part of the blame for the second goal, then I have no idea what game you were watching. One of the main purposes of a fullback is to prevent crosses coming in. Preventing them becomes even more important when your defence struggles to deal with them. Sagna made no attempt to sprint to the player. In fact he was jogging. In fact most of our players do that. Watching Podolski close down his man is like watching an 80 year old man walking through quick sand. The amount of times the opposition get the ball wide and we let them cross it in because we jog in is ridiculous.

I'd also like to point out that this Arsenal team has no concept of how to make a good foul. There is a way of stopping a counter attack, but it seems like we are so nice to the opposition that we just let them cut through instead of trying to stop them with anything.

When you go 2-0 you close the game down. You hold the ball and make them work. We lost the ball so easily today. The ball didn't stick with Giroud, Podolski repeatedly lost it back to goal and even Cazorla was losing possession.

I really don't understand why the hell we are playing offside. YOU CANNOT PLAY OFFSIDE, IF THERE IS NO PRESSURE ON THE BALL. It really angers me. That is basic football. Basic defending. Why the hell are we pushing up relying on our line which is rubbish, and the linesman which is 50/50.

This team just gets worse every game.

trunks206

Established Member
mo50 said:
yousif_arsenal said:

Basically the defender hurts his freaking ankle trying to see the ball out. It was in the second half and the result was Podolski was alone in the box with loads of options.

Out of extreme frustration Podolski kicks the ball out of play, gets a yellow, the defender gets treatment for his ankle and Schalke kicks it back to the CB at the restart and the chance is lost.

Could/Should have been the moment we go 3-1 up and see out the 3 points.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
**** UEFA. Sometimes it's right to tell the cold hard truth at risk of whatever ban out of principle. The ref was a **** for that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
mo50 said:
yousif_arsenal said:

at 2nd half before schalke score, poldi take the ball from schalke defender hoger, hoger injured him self then i think poldi pass it to cazorla and then cazorla pass it to poldi when poldi was taking the shot and it was clear goal chance the referee stop the game cuz poor hoger can't get up.

its was the same accident at sunderland last season when per injured himself and then mcclean take the ball and score.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
ArsenalDNA said:
Dropping the T bomb again. Jeez champ, no need to get testy. Wasn't it your constant personal attacks that led to you running to the mods with your tail between your legs asking to go hang out at the kids table?

You don't think you'd be doing the exact thing if it was the other way round. You'd be running through every thread screaming from the rooftops if Gervinho managed to scuff a couple of shots into the goal.

We didn't call if off actually bud. You've changed your mind, again, and realised making that bet only ever had one outcome.

I don't actually care if you have a new avatar or not. You being wrong is enough.

Errh no it was **** like you who I wanted to get away from. :lol:

I don't see how I can be wrong, Gervinho is not even in the damn game, can't win a race with no car if you get my drift.

.....and finally I would not be running around the rooftops screaming because that's just childish, I'd have just made you have a transvestite in your avatar so you and Cruisio have some eye candy.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Quicker than Walcott said:
**** UEFA. Sometimes it's right to tell the cold hard truth at risk of whatever ban out of principle. The ref was a **** for that.
Strangely, other than that bizarre call, I thought he had a very good game for the most part.

yuvken

Established Member
It's true: one very strange (and yes, absolutely infuriating) decision (like wenger, I never saw such an incident in my life), but apart from that I thought it was an excellent ref performance.
A bit like Bac: The second goal, ahh... but apart from that, I thought he was our best player.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom