• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Schalke vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 6/11/12 | SS2

kenya

Rain Dance said:
yuvken said:
A bit like Bac: The second goal, ahh... but apart from that, I thought he was our best player.

watching the GIF, I don't think Bac the main culprit here. Vermaelen getting suck in and forgetting he plays LB is the main cause

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-schalke-equalise-jefferson-farfan-v-arsenal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gi ... v-arsenal/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And why did no one said anything about Kos playing Huuntelar on-side for the first goal?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-klaas-jan-huntelaar-scores-v-arsenal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gi ... v-arsenal/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't really blame Kos, they were coming out. Unless you want to blame him for not sprinting or something, but nobody expected anyone to slip and give away possesion in such a dangerous area.

mistaT

Established Member
Aside from Cazorla gifting them the ball that first goal was well executed - simply put the defense got understandably beat from a great Holtby assist.

Not overly worried about that one as it was the result of a midfielder making a mistake more so than the defense.

MaestroCesc

dyeruz said:
MaestroCesc again with the "technical" nonsense who said Jenkinson isn't good "technically" he played well, very well, committing few mistakes, linking up with play well, he doesn't have a trick to get past a player but that doesn't mean he's not a proficient footballer good with both feet and able to cross a ball with minimum space. Technical has become some sort of nonsense buzz word which is a catch all for everything but means nothing. Is Jenkinson on the same skill level as Messi, f*ck no, if you notice Cole doesn't have a trick either does that mean he's not "technical"? Instead of technical use skill. Jenkinson is not the most skillful, he is however solid.
What a post full of rubbish! Have you seen Jenkinson play? Technically he is one of the worst in the team, I dont see how you think he is good technically? He isnt good with his feet, has no left foot and doesnt look natural on the ball... You clearly havent been watching him if you think he can use both feet, he is the most right footed player at Arsenal and yes he can cross, that doesnt make him good technically.

You seem to be confused between what solid and having a good game is and technical skills. They are not the same thing, i explained what technical is in the last paragraph.

So much rubbish going round about the defense, Vermaelen was not at fault at all for the second, there was a man over it was both Mertesackers and the midfield for not being proactive.

If you check out the 2nd goal, Sagna was hardly to blame, it was a very quick move which caused Sagna to be dragged out of position and then Mertesacker made the wrong decision meaning Sagna couldnt get back in time. He wasnt to blame for the first either, Mertesacker was marking Huntelaar

ArseneKnows-47

Some of the one touch football Schalke were playing yesterday was jaw dropping. They are such a lethal team when they get it going. The ball moves so quickly, within a few touches and it's past the defenders. It's as if each player knows exactly where they're going to pass it before it reaches them.

It's this quick and decisive passing we need from our forwards to break teams down. A quality we are severely lacking.

Airknight

Established Member
:lol: what? Schalke were average. No side we've faced this season has showed anything close to lethal football. Holtby did great on the first goal but that was pretty much it, the rest was standard stuff.

kenya said:
Rain Dance said:
yuvken said:
A bit like Bac: The second goal, ahh... but apart from that, I thought he was our best player.

watching the GIF, I don't think Bac the main culprit here. Vermaelen getting suck in and forgetting he plays LB is the main cause

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-schalke-equalise-jefferson-farfan-v-arsenal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gi ... v-arsenal/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And why did no one said anything about Kos playing Huuntelar on-side for the first goal?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-klaas-jan-huntelaar-scores-v-arsenal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gi ... v-arsenal/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't really blame Kos, they were coming out. Unless you want to blame him for not sprinting or something, but nobody expected anyone to slip and give away possesion in such a dangerous area.

Kos was protecting the area in case Holtby controlled the ball and tried to dribble or position himself for a shot, instead he plays it first time to Huntelaar, a player Per should be marking. Kos tried to react but it was too late :(

Giroud

Established Member
Good point but disappointing after the first half we had.

Mertesacker was at the worst I've seen this season, put our midfield under pressure every time he passed the ball and was unusually caught out of position a few times.

Don't think we have the quality in midfield to play this 4-3-3 with Walcott, Podolski and Giroud up front. We were alright against an open Schalke side on the ball but we'll really struggle against deep or organised defences with that system. Still want four of Rosicky, Chamberlain, Arshavin, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla and Diaby in midfield with Podolski and Giroud up front.

Don't think Bould had a huge influence in our improved defence. It was more to do with Mertesacker and a settled back four with a proper holding midfielder. Not to mention Stoke and Sunderland are woeful in attack while Liverpool were still adapting to Rodgers' style.

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard
Draw was a fair result, in my view.

I won't be surprised to see at least 2 German teams progressing all the way in this competition, most of you are simply not giving much credit to their quality of football mixed with speed and physicality on the pitch. Dortmund got 4 points from Real Madrid, who supposedly boasts a huge and a talented squad. Let's not talk about Bayern- I will take this to CL topic.

perspolis

looking at the results today... ManU losing 1-0... Barca losing 2-0... Lille going down 6-1... Chelsea 2-2 at HOME...

maybe Arsenal is not as bad as we think?!! Maybe it's just that the gap is shrinking between the top clubs in Europe and the rest?

EDIT: and of course Robin van Prick had to score as I typed that! Honestly this ManUre team is **** without Robin. Their defense is crap, their midfield is crap, their goalie is crap. Robin's goals are just covering their frailties.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Before the game, I would have happily taken a draw. But not when it's "Two-nil, and you futzed it up!"

An old American football coach said, "A tie is like kissing your sister." When you're down 0-2 and it ends 2-2, it's like kissing your sister's hot best friend. When you're up 2-0 and it ends 2-2, it's like kissing your mother-in-law.

Airknight

Established Member
perspolis said:
looking at the results today... ManU losing 1-0... Barca losing 2-0... Lille going down 6-1... Chelsea 2-2 at HOME...

maybe Arsenal is not as bad as we think?!! Maybe it's just that the gap is shrinking between the top clubs in Europe and the rest?

EDIT: and of course Robin van ***** had to score as I typed that! Honestly this ManUre team is **** without Robin. Their defense is crap, their midfield is crap, their goalie is crap. Robin's goals are just covering their frailties.

It is, but we're clearly declining. This wasn't a match we were in control and had a lot of chances but got unlucky in the end, this was a match we were outplayed by Schalke during a whole half and were unable to retain a generous lead.

Happy with the Europe situation btw, and specially how strong german sides look, but that doesn't belong in this thread.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Uncle Mike said:
An old American football coach said, "A tie is like kissing your sister."

:lol: Interesting analogy... He didn't coach a team from the deep south, did he? I wonder what he'd come up with to describe losing to Norwich... Delia Smith and a rolling pin spring to mind for some reason.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
HollandGooner said:
Glovegun said:
Apparently Bould has been forced to take a back seat. Would make sense, because the defence we were watching at the start of the season sure as hell wasn't drilled by Wenger.

We're back to "Right lads, you're all quick, intelligent footballers. Just go out there and, er, defend I suppose."

There's no real cohesion, strategy or leadership and that's clearly because the manager doesn't give it to them.

Why would that be the case with Bould? are that based on rumors?

apparently elvis is alive, he has a hangout spot in jerusalem where jesus still lives - last part is actually not even a rumor, i can vouch for it. i'm more reliable than twitter

Top Bottom