• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Anderlecht v Arsenal - 22/10/14, 19:45 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
zJAE7MH.jpg
;

Anderlecht have played 28 times against English sides (W6 D4 L18). At home their record is W5 D3 L6 (not including the 1976 European Cup Winners' Cup final versus West Ham United FC).

- Martinez -
- Bellerin - Chambers - Mertesacker - Gibbs -
- Cazorla - Arteta - Ramsey -
- Campbell - Welbeck - Alexis -

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
--------------Martinez
Bellerin-Chambers-Mertesacker-Gibbs
---------------Arteta
Campbell--Rosicky-Cazorla----Alexis
---------------Welbeck

Subs: Illiev, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain, Podolski

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is also being shown on Sky One for anyone that doesn't have the sports channels.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm spending a lot of money I don't really have to travel over to Belgium to see us play for my first European away game, I booked it a while ago as I hoped we'd have clicked by now.

Now though I just want to see a good performance and a win, don't think I'll be able to stick the long journey home if we play like we did on Saturday.

Toast

Established Member
Ramsey should definitely not start this one. No point rushing him back from injury.

----------- Martinez
Bellerin - Per - Chambers - Gibbs
-------------Arteta
Campbell- Ox/Wilshere- Cazorla -Podolski
------------- Welbeck

Wouldn't mind seeing Rosicky get some gametime as well.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Rex Banner said:
I'm spending a lot of money I don't really have to travel over to Belgium to see us play for my first European away game, I booked it a while ago as I hoped we'd have clicked by now.

Now though I just want to see a good performance and a win, don't think I'll be able to stick the long journey home if we play like we did on Saturday.

Fair do's mate! Good luck.

Anyways a comfortable win would be nice.

Le Professeur

Established Member
I'll be seeing this one live as well, albeit from the Anderlecht stan. 70 euros so better get a good result and some goals!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I can't see this lot finishing a game in front of anybody at the moment. They're under pressure, they know their system isn't producing and it shows. They're not handling it well. No reason to think they'll come away from here with a win if I'm honest.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We really need to stop conceding goals if we come out from this game with clean sheet it will be very very nice.

Martinez

Bellerin Chambers Mertesacker Gibbs

Wilshere Arteta

AOC Cazorla Alexis

Welbeck

blaze_of_glory

I'd go with that, Yousif, but I might swap Monreal in place of Gibbs. Probably Wenger will go with Gibbs though.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interested to see how Martinez preforms, said to have gained confidence after his loan spell and quite a few youth coaches have said he is/was more talented than Scz.

Wengers been very protective of Wilshere this season so I think we could see him on the bench. Toss up between Ox and Campbell though. Would like Ox to put Hull behind him but really keen to see what Campbell can offer.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Toast said:
Ramsey should definitely not start this one. No point rushing him back from injury.

----------- Martinez
Bellerin - Per - Chambers - Gibbs
-------------Arteta
Campbell- Ox/Wilshere- Cazorla -Podolski
------------- Welbeck

Wouldn't mind seeing Rosicky get some gametime as well.

I'm not having a go in any way but I'm sick of this default 4-1-4-1 formation. We don't have a good enough DM to justify it. Away from home they will be wanting to take the game to us, and the worst possible thing to do (yet we seem to keep doing it) is to set ourselves up with only one deep midfielder (who happens to be passive because they cannot tackle) and both full backs high up the pitch.

There could be plenty of goals for us in this if we solidify our base in midfield. Its funny but if you drop a little deeper, its easier to press without being caught upfield and leaving yourself vulnerable defensively. Our recent away record in Europe is abysmal, and its not a coincidence. We have no gameplan and persist with the same strategy of monopolising possession and trying to squeeze balls through the middle.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Yet another tough match, especially since our away showings in the CL haven't been that awesome in recent seasons.

We really need a win here, not just because we lost our opening game whilst Dortmund won their last two, but because our confidence could really do with a lift.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm starting to lose my enthusiasm for this season, obliviously I'll watch it but not expecting anything exciting, hope I'm wrong!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A lot of 4-2-3-1's in this thread. I can't see it happening.

---------------------------Martinez---------------------------

Bellerin------------Per--------------Chambers--------------Gibbs

---------------------------Flamini--------------------------------

-----------------Ramsey----------------Wilshere-----------------

Sanchez--------------------------------------------------Ox

---------------------------Welbeck-------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom