• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Anderlecht v Arsenal - 22/10/14, 19:45 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
^

Whether it's motivation & aggression or knowhow and tactical maturity, this team is lacking some serious qualities to tangle with the top boys.

There's undoubted quality within this team and undoubted lack of quality in certain areas also. However, for me the greatest weakness this team has is their lack of tactical maturity and the inefficiency in the key areas. They score way too little from so much possession and concede too many from so few efforts from their opponents. Whatever blueprint that Arsène has drawn up to score goals has either been stolen and distributed to every opponent we meet or it doesn't really work that well.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Somebody actually thought Monreal could play CB after HULL, yeah ok...

Alexis was amazing again but at this right will definitely start to burn out. Then Wenger will bring out the injury excuse come May. Desperately need Walcott to take the burden off him.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Gibbs only stands out because he was seriously awful instead of just awful.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
3 valuable points but I don't see much positives. We played ****e yet again, the same old crap but probably worse this time. You can harp on about how this will push us on, shows great character or whatever, the but the fact last night was that we maintained our terrible form and squeezed through by the skin of our teeth.

BobP

Memri Fan
I've lost count of the amount of times Flamini has been at fault for goals conceded this season. Aguero's goal, Hazard penalty, Najar's goal, Chadli's goal, Diame's goal. That is ****ing unreal.

natural

Established Member
We fix our attacking problems, we get new defending problems, Arsenal will never be a complete good team under AW, get rid of him.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Well for Diame's goal he was clearly being fouled by him, so I won't blame him for that. Same for Najar's goal, I thought Chambers left him free in the middle to cover a player Merte had already covered, when the cross came in.

stiiphunn

Established Member
CurryFlavoured said:
3 valuable points but I don't see much positives. We played **** yet again, the same old crap but probably worse this time. You can harp on about how this will push us on, shows great character or whatever, the but the fact last night was that we maintained our terrible form and squeezed through by the skin of our teeth.
Yeah, that's a bit worrying. The only positive is the attitude we've shown to come back into the game and win it at the last minute. But we're poor - very, very poor. And yet again, we've conceded another goal.

Alexis was - again - our best player. This guy is awesome. He works sooo hard and is always looking dangerous with the ball at his feet, whilst also offering a lot of good off the ball movement. His link up play is also improving as he gets to know his teammates better.

Now, I don't want to be overly critical of Wilshere, but I just don't understand the point of having him in the team these days. Sure he's got good technique and is capable of a few flashy things here and there, but what does he bring to the team? I thought yesterday was a typical Wilshere performance - always that extra touch that gets him into dead ends, not spotting the right pass as soon as he gets near the final third, dribbling into a crowd of players, etc.

BobP

Memri Fan
redwhiteAustrian said:
Well for Diame's goal he was clearly being fouled by him, so I won't blame him for that. Same for Najar's goal, I thought Chambers left him free in the middle to cover a player Merte had already covered, when the cross came in.

Boot the ****ing ball out.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/JamesOlley/status/525219485511602176" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/JamesOlley/status/5 ... 5511602176</a>

i see why we struggling to create chances i mean look at their positioning what the hell?

BobP

Memri Fan
Nothing new, has been the case for a lot of our games this season, we see what the problem is, not sure if Wenger does or is going to care to fix it. I actually pointed it out in the Hull thread by saying that our attacking players were concentrated and almost in a straight line through the middle.

If you circulate the ball fast enough whilst stretching the play to the widest extent possible and if you have the technically superior players you're more than likely going to find gaps in the opposition defense on a consistent basis and if you take your chances, win. As long as we move the ball around at a leisurely pace and concentrate play within the "tram lines" whilst our players follow the ball carrier around and don't even bother to attack the space in behind the opposition defense and midfield, we're not going to get anywhere.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Penn_ said:
Somebody actually thought Monreal could play CB after HULL, yeah ok...

Alexis was amazing again but at this right will definitely start to burn out. Then Wenger will bring out the injury excuse come May. Desperately need Walcott to take the burden off him.

The worrying thing is, that somebody was Wenger!

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
That's the consequence when you negate wing play and try everything through the middle instead. Both goals we scored yesterday, came from crosses/play from wide areas, not through the crowded centre.

We're never going to have enough width on the pitch with the new setup, though. It's all designed to shut down the middle.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone notice has easily and comfortable we passed the ball in the last few minutes, even when put under pressure. Why are we so clumsy and scared for the other 90 minutes?

Not looking good for Per either, too many mistakes being made for such an experienced defender who many wanted captain. Chambers and Monreal can be excused as they are young or out of position. Typical he becomes poor the season after we've sold our third CB.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Germany dropped Per during the WC, it was clear to Low that they wouldnt be winning it with Per playing CB. Thats what prompted him to retire from Internationals. He's a great bloke and the fans love BFG but he's not good enough, hasnt been for a while! We need a top top CB to partner Kos, then we have Chambers and Per as back up.

Giroud

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
https://twitter.com/JamesOlley/status/525219485511602176" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i see why we struggling to create chances i mean look at their positioning what the hell?

That's misleading because our wingers often switch sides and our defensive shape is also very different.

What an awful performance though and it's not just in defence we're struggling. We signed a pacy striker and a top class wide forward in the summer which was just what we needed going forward yet we're still struggling to break sides down.

Hopefully Walcott's return forces Wenger to play 3 forwards and Ramsey and Cazorla recapture some form.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

BobP said:
redwhiteAustrian said:

Boot the ******* ball out.

:lol: If he booted that out , he might as well play Sunday league .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom