• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Anderlecht v Arsenal - 22/10/14, 19:45 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Just watched the highlights. Can't comment on the overall performance as I didn't watch the entire game but holy **** the defending was poor beyond belief at times.

Alexis Sanchez was involved in everything going forward. World class player, he's completely squashed any doubts I ever have on him. Watching him this season is almost like watching Suarez for Liverpool at times.

eye4goal

Established Member
I'm finding it hard to criticise the players at the moment looking at how they've managed to rescue result after result in the last 15 minutes. We've become passive in order to avoid thrashings but against the small teams that's just playing into their hands.

Ramsey doesn't have the touch to play ahead of the two CMs. He's a great player but a limited one just like Özil. We're capable of more if set-up correctly but it seems the manager would rather develop players and finish 4th.

I make it about 70% of our goals(PL and CL) were scored when Wilshere wasn't on the pitch.

ArseGod

What we need to do is revert back to what won us games last year as Arsenal FC. Remember...that's our name. We're terrible as Jack FC and I hope Wenger remembers that soon. He and Ramsey should not play together. Why is Wenger so against quality depth and rotation?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I know we played like s**t for 89 minutes yesterday but going mental in the stands after we made it 2-1 is one of the best moments of my life. Absolutely buzzing.

It may be the fact I had to get up at 1am yesterday or I had a few too many Belgium beers but I was pretty grumpy for most of the match. By the end I had a hatred of Anthony Vanden Borre and the song "Come on feel the Noise" which they sang for literally the entire 90 minutes, and I thought we didn't have any songs.

The experience was amazing though, if any of you guys are considering travelling abroad to see us I'd highly recommend it. Saw a lot of Brussels before, and had some good laughs with Anderlecht fans and fellow Gooners.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
natural said:
We fix our attacking problems, we get new defending problems, Arsenal will never be a complete good team under AW, get rid of him.

He loves a project and always has some player developing in the team.
How many other managers of top teams would have had so many developing talents in their teams at once when charged with winning titles & trophies.

AW has an unerring ability to find an excuse for not buying the player that we most seem to need. I'm succumbing to the notion that he really is an arrogant dictator that believes he knows best but is nothing more than a spin doctor. His yarns are growing tiresome and his continued inability to beat the best will only dismantle his cloak of deceit further.

redanddread

Rex Banner said:
Yeah I know we played like s**t for 89 minutes yesterday but going mental in the stands after we made it 2-1 is one of the best moments of my life. Absolutely buzzing.

It may be the fact I had to get up at 1am yesterday or I had a few too many Belgium beers but I was pretty grumpy for most of the match. By the end I had a hatred of Anthony Vanden Borre and the song "Come on feel the Noise" which they sang for literally the entire 90 minutes, and I thought we didn't have any songs.

The experience was amazing though, if any of you guys are considering travelling abroad to see us I'd highly recommend it. Saw a lot of Brussels before, and had some good laughs with Anderlecht fans and fellow Gooners.

Glad the final 2 minutes of the game enhanced your trip. Sounds like you would have had a good time anyway but can't imagine any trip abroad to watch the Arsenal lose can be too much fun.

jerome2158

Established Member
redanddread said:
Glad the final 2 minutes of the game enhanced your trip. Sounds like you would have had a good time anyway but can't imagine any trip abroad to watch the Arsenal lose can be too much fun.

try waiting 20 years for your first Arsenal match, taking months of planning, a heap of money and hours of travel, and then finally getting there...and we lose 3-2 at home against West Brom.

Fortunately I went to something like 17 more matches in the following months and we won 16 of them.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Rex Banner said:
By the end I had a hatred of Anthony Vanden Borre and the song "Come on feel the Noise" which they sang for literally the entire 90 minutes, and I thought we didn't have any songs.

I noticed that, I've been waiting patiently for us to come up with our own version of the song, what are the words to our version? I know Swansea have one, Chelski have one which is ****.

Man Utd's still makes me laugh.
Come on David Moyes,
Play like Fergie's boys
We'll go wild wild wild!

redanddread

jerome2158 said:
redanddread said:

try waiting 20 years for your first Arsenal match, taking months of planning, a heap of money and hours of travel, and then finally getting there...and we lose 3-2 at home against West Brom.

Fortunately I went to something like 17 more matches in the following months and we won 16 of them.

Haha, not nice-was that the game where we were down 3-0 to Robbie DiMatteos WBA and then Nasri almost pulled us back single-handedly to gain a point?

I think your namesake, ex Arsenal player, Jerome "Thomas" scored for WBA also-at least one Jerome left happy

blaze_of_glory

Despite the **** performance, a couple nice pics here after the winner.

<a class="postlink" href="http://i.imgur.com/FFJZP3j.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.imgur.com/FFJZP3j.jpg</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://i.imgur.com/6nAaAU6.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.imgur.com/6nAaAU6.jpg</a>

BobP

Memri Fan
celestis said:
BobP said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
Well for Diame's goal he was clearly being fouled by him, so I won't blame him for that. Same for Najar's goal, I thought Chambers left him free in the middle to cover a player Merte had already covered, when the cross came in.

Boot the ******* ball out.

:lol: If he booted that out , he might as well play Sunday league .

Which is exactly where Flamini should be playing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
blaze_of_glory said:
Despite the **** performance, a couple nice pics here after the winner.

<a class="postlink" href="http://i.imgur.com/FFJZP3j.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.imgur.com/FFJZP3j.jpg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<a class="postlink" href="http://i.imgur.com/6nAaAU6.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.imgur.com/6nAaAU6.jpg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw that bench pic earlier. It still warms me to see them celebrating. It stirs something. What Wenger's doing there, I don't know! Looks like a harlem shake! We were dead and buried and the mood must have been awful. This is the result of a quick turnaround :lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
I loved Sanchez' disappointed reaction to the players celebration to the first goal, shows his state of mind "don't ****ing celebrate, we've played like ****, get the ball back onto the halfway line and let's get another goal.".

Enfield

Established Member
I knew I had something else to get off my chest after the Anderlecht debacle. Did anyone else notice how Gibbs went to celebrate near the sideline with some other players but it was The Ox who picked the ball out of the net and called them back to the half way line. I noticed the same in the Wigan cup semi. We had just got an equaliser against an inferior team and instead of getting it back and restarted ASAP before our opponents got a chance to regroup we spent ten minutes patting ourselves on the back

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Gibbs rarely scores so I can forgive him on that occassion. Apart from that, we scored the 2-1 less than 90 seconds afterwards, so it all went well.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Gibbs was the only one really celebrating too, it looked like someone went over to tell him to get a shift on and kick off again.

BobP

Memri Fan
I'm not happy with Sanchez' positioning on the field, look at the way Walcott positions himself when he plays, as wide as possible with the intention of making diagonal runs, stretches the opposition defense and provides us with a consistent outlet which is away from the ball, Walcott tends to not get involved in the build up play. Sanchez on the other hand just moves to wherever the ball is which saturates an already saturated middle area, he also keeps hold of the ball for too long.

I've had enough of Wilshere as I have stated on numerous occasions on this forum. He has no idea when to release the ball, always takes an unnecessary touch and he tends to panic when he gets into promising positions and just execute some sort of weird flick past which ends up going nowhere.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Enfield said:
I knew I had something else to get off my chest after the Anderlecht debacle. Did anyone else notice how Gibbs went to celebrate near the sideline with some other players but it was The Ox who picked the ball out of the net and called them back to the half way line. I noticed the same in the Wigan cup semi. We had just got an equaliser against an inferior team and instead of getting it back and restarted ASAP before our opponents got a chance to regroup we spent ten minutes patting ourselves on the back
From memory did the Ox not do the same against Sp**s this season?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
BobP said:
I'm not happy with Sanchez' positioning on the field, look at the way Walcott positions himself when he plays, as wide as possible with the intention of making diagonal runs, stretches the opposition defense and provides us with a consistent outlet which is away from the ball, Walcott tends to not get involved in the build up play. Sanchez on the other hand just moves to wherever the ball is which saturates an already saturated middle area, he also keeps hold of the ball for too long.

I've had enough of Wilshere as I have stated on numerous occasions on this forum. He has no idea when to release the ball, always takes an unnecessary touch and he tends to panic when he gets into promising positions and just execute some sort of weird flick past which ends up going nowhere.

The majority of times they take an extra touch or hold onto the ball because there is nothing ahead of them. I don't think putting the blame on players who look to take some sort of responsibility is the way to.

Need to look at players that mess up perfectly good chances first. E.g Cazorla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom