• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Anderlecht v Arsenal - 22/10/14, 19:45 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
Penn_ said:
BobP said:
I'm not happy with Sanchez' positioning on the field, look at the way Walcott positions himself when he plays, as wide as possible with the intention of making diagonal runs, stretches the opposition defense and provides us with a consistent outlet which is away from the ball, Walcott tends to not get involved in the build up play. Sanchez on the other hand just moves to wherever the ball is which saturates an already saturated middle area, he also keeps hold of the ball for too long.

I've had enough of Wilshere as I have stated on numerous occasions on this forum. He has no idea when to release the ball, always takes an unnecessary touch and he tends to panic when he gets into promising positions and just execute some sort of weird flick past which ends up going nowhere.

The majority of times they take an extra touch or hold onto the ball because there is nothing ahead of them. I don't think putting the blame on players who look to take some sort of responsibility is the way to.

Need to look at players that mess up perfectly good chances first. E.g Cazorla.

What you're saying probably occurs but a consistent feature of this season for me has been the utterly abysmal decision making from the players. I've witnessed on numerous occasions Sanchez and Wilshere taking that unnecessary second touch when they could've either shot in Wilshere's case or slipped the ball through to a teammate in Sanchez' case, happens over an over again which is why Wilshere shouldn't be anywhere near the box and Sanchez should concentrate on being a winger.

Also forgot to mention that Welbeck has some of the worst peripheral vision out there.

stiiphunn

Established Member
BobP said:
I'm not happy with Sanchez' positioning on the field, look at the way Walcott positions himself when he plays, as wide as possible with the intention of making diagonal runs, stretches the opposition defense and provides us with a consistent outlet which is away from the ball, Walcott tends to not get involved in the build up play. Sanchez on the other hand just moves to wherever the ball is which saturates an already saturated middle area, he also keeps hold of the ball for too long.

I've had enough of Wilshere as I have stated on numerous occasions on this forum. He has no idea when to release the ball, always takes an unnecessary touch and he tends to panic when he gets into promising positions and just execute some sort of weird flick past which ends up going nowhere.
Not sure I agree with your piece on Sanchez, but I agree with you say about Wilshere. As soon as he gets near the final third, he makes the wrong choices.

BobP

Memri Fan
stiiphunn said:
BobP said:

Not sure I agree with your piece on Sanchez, but I agree with you say about Wilshere. As soon as he gets near the final third, he makes the wrong choices.

What don't you agree about my thoughts on Sanchez?

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
stiiphunn said:

I believe he is pretty good in the final third. You don't make two kids if you're bad in that area...

MaestroCesc

bingobob said:
Enfield said:
I knew I had something else to get off my chest after the Anderlecht debacle. Did anyone else notice how Gibbs went to celebrate near the sideline with some other players but it was The Ox who picked the ball out of the net and called them back to the half way line. I noticed the same in the Wigan cup semi. We had just got an equaliser against an inferior team and instead of getting it back and restarted ASAP before our opponents got a chance to regroup we spent ten minutes patting ourselves on the back
From memory did the Ox not do the same against Sp**s this season?
Scoring your first derby goal against Sp**s and celebrating is pretty acceptable.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
MaestroCesc said:
bingobob said:
Enfield said:
I knew I had something else to get off my chest after the Anderlecht debacle. Did anyone else notice how Gibbs went to celebrate near the sideline with some other players but it was The Ox who picked the ball out of the net and called them back to the half way line. I noticed the same in the Wigan cup semi. We had just got an equaliser against an inferior team and instead of getting it back and restarted ASAP before our opponents got a chance to regroup we spent ten minutes patting ourselves on the back
From memory did the Ox not do the same against Sp**s this season?
Scoring your first derby goal against Sp**s and celebrating is pretty acceptable.

I was gonna say, the equaliser in the NLD is reason enough to celebrate, nevermind the fact it's his first derby goal! Anderlecht away is a team we should be beating comfortably.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
BobP said:
Which is exactly where Flamini should be playing.

If he boots it out, he should play sunday league, if he doesn't, he should play sunday league.

What, pray tell, should he do to avoid sunday league in your eyes :lol:

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdbbfpUMifI&feature=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdbbfpU ... e=youtu.be</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Love this guy a born winner, its a shame his team mates don't share the same attitude when it comes to mediocrity, wouldn't surprise me if he started looking for a way out of Arsenal next summer (Sanchez)

BobP

Memri Fan
DJ_Markstar said:
BobP said:
Which is exactly where Flamini should be playing.

If he boots it out, he should play sunday league, if he doesn't, he should play sunday league.

What, pray tell, should he do to avoid sunday league in your eyes :lol:

Nothing, he's doomed.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wrighty4eva said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdbbfpUMifI&feature=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Love this guy a born winner, its a shame his team mates don't share the same attitude when it comes to mediocrity, wouldn't surprise me if he started looking for a way out of Arsenal next summer (Sanchez)

He won't ,not next year . He's got heart and he's a fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom