• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Arsenal v Anderlecht - 4/11/14, 19:45 - SS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
Podolski-Arsenal-winner-213802.jpg

Wojciech Szczesny is available after serving a one-game suspension on matchday three!

Besnik Hasi has lost all eight matches in which he has competed against English sides (including two against the England national team) as a player and coach.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well its nice to be going into a game like this with our confidence on the rise. We should win comfortably at home. Would like to see Walcott get some more minutes.

2-0

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I hope we win!

I'd like to see Poldi start this one, not even against Yaya starting. Need to keep momentum though so expect same back 5, probably one of Flamini/Arteta alongside Rambo.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
God, Anderlecht are poor. Tons of passive possession with a couple of decent chances should do it. Start Sanchez from the bench please.

Mastadon

Established Member
Would like a see a bit of rotation for this as well. One of Sanchez or Welbeck to be rested and Bellerin to come in.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
--------------Szczesny
Bellerin-Chambers-Mertesacker-Monreal
Chamberlain-Ramsey-Arteta-Rosicky
-------------Alexis-Podolski

Subs: Martinez, Gibbs, Flamini, Cazorla, Campbell, Walcott, Welbeck

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Time to rest Alexis.

He'll be needed against Swansea at the weekend and then he travels god knows where for International duty.

Won't happen but I'd love to see this team:

--------------Szczesny
Bellerin-Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs
Chamberlain-Ramsey-Arteta-Podolski
------------Walcott--Welbeck

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Agree about resting Alexis about this one but i don't think this will happen cuz we need the 3 points in this game to qualify to next round

I expect the same line up who played against Burnley maybe just one change Ramsey start ahead of Flamini.

Scezcney

Chambers Mertesacker Monreal Gibbs

Arteta Ramsey

Ox Cazorla Alexis

Welbeck

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This and Swansea will show us how much, if any, progress we've made. Confidence is high after Burnley, but it was just Burnley.

Same formation but with Ramsey replacing Flamini. Resting Alexis is a nice idea but he's at the centre of everything good we do, ideally need to get the team going before that's considered.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
THunter said:
Time to rest Alexis.

He'll be needed against Swansea at the weekend and then he travels god knows where for International duty.

--------------Szczesny

Why rest Alexis? He played Saturday, he gets two days rest, he plays Tuesday (where he will most likely be subbed off after 70 mins if we are winning comfortably), he then gets FOUR days rest before Swansea. If he is fit, he plays. He is on fire. Why rest him?

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Winter is coming.....Sanchez was pretty much used to having a winter break, which he won't be having this time. Each game he sits out before that, softens a potential hangover for 2015 I'd assume.

Look at Özil as an example.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The_Playmaker said:
THunter said:
Time to rest Alexis.

--------------Szczesny

Why rest Alexis? He played Saturday, he gets two days rest, he plays Tuesday (where he will most likely be subbed off after 70 mins if we are winning comfortably), he then gets FOUR days rest before Swansea. If he is fit, he plays. He is on fire. Why rest him?
What Alaba said above ^.

giphy.gif

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Firstly its the win of course, but if all goes well Id like us to focus on goal difference as well.

I don't see Dortmund dropping any points and it really is about a finale round at the Emirates against them to decide where we finish.

Getting ahead of myself yes, but something must give.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

:lol:
I meant redwhiteAustrian, Alaba is Austrian. :wink:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
On paper it should be a comfortable win but lets not forget we scrapped home with 2 late goals at their place, so no resting the likes of Alexis, we need to win! Sure if we are 2-0 up after 60 mins bring him off. Anyway, from what other players say about him and also his reaction to being subbed last month, I think its best to play him and keep his brilliant self happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom