• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Arsenal v AS Monaco - 25/2/15, 19:45 - SS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Vibra said:
DJ_Markstar said:
Hope Arsène gave them a good old

lyOx-A.gif

After that game. Deserved it.

Parlour said that he never ever does that

Well I remember Fabregas saying it does happen, only extremely rarely.

Something tells me Bould wouldn't be so hesitant though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

^Yeah Fergie said that by the time he left there wasn't a place for it with increased player power. He should definitely be having words with Mertesacker, completely went over my head he was captain last night. Plumbing new depths.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger has no control over what players do during the game. Well at least I hope he hasn't for his sake. The next 2 seasons after this are going to be excruciating.

VancouverCanuck

Mertesacker's strength has always been a good reader of the game as well as excellent positioning. But he has failed too many times this season.

On the second goal, there was absolutely no reason for him to make that gamble and left Kos all alone to defend two players. School boy error.

I think Wenger just needs to be brave and start playing Gabriel more. It's so frustrating to see we play a high line with Per's lack of mobility.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Rex Banner said:
Watched full highlights and while we were indeed sh*t, Gary Neville was pretty terrible as well. Really had it in for Özil, even criticised him for a mistake Santi made. This is what he said today about Sanchez vs Di Maria.

<a class="postlink" href="http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/02/25/gary-neville-manchester-united-right-sign-di-maria-alexis-sanchez-77823/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/02/25/ ... hez-77823/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gary at the end of the day is United through and through, he did one analysis of Arsenal , that just about every pundit used to touch on back in the day of Gray and Tyler and people thought he was a legend because it was a Glory days reminisce for most . I found the tone of it almost condescending . That year United was streaks ahead of everyone and Gary was coming across as almost pitying us . He keeps attacking Özil , have you ever heard him say a bad word about Welbeck ?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Saw Gary having a cry on twitter the other day over Welbeck, felt he was sold cheap and is what Utd require, stretch the opposition etc.

Annoying little bastard that Welbeck, when I think he has world class abilities the lad goes out and stinks the place out.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It is annoying because he has world class pace that he can't use .

What I really found annoying though Gdeep , he blamed Theo for his miss . That was ridiculous .

Anzac

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11435443/Arsenal-vs-Monaco-Arsène-Wenger-let-down-by-dreadful-defence-and-Olivier-Girouds-wayward-shooting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... oting.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/feb/26/Arsène-wenger-arsenal-self-destruction-champions-league-monaco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... gue-monaco</a>

trunks206

Established Member
SiMamu said:
trunks206 said:
SiMamu said:
We started with a midfield that got dominated by Crystal Palace's second choice midfield, it was never going to work. Only Coquelin can consistently tackle in that midfield, Cazorla will make the odd one here and there, but Özil couldn't tackle his shadow. Rosicky should've started in midfield, unlike Özil he actually turns when the going gets tough.

Hmmm...
<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/fpNi9vWFqCM?t=14s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/fpNi9vWFqCM?t=14s</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol:
Yes or no he is turning there? I believe I did say that Rosicky turns [up].

Haha touche.

celestis said:
It is annoying because he has world class pace that he can't use .

What I really found annoying though Gdeep , he blamed Theo for his miss . That was ridiculous .

I think legit think he had the same smile Ade had after that PK miss for Sp**s. :lol:

Anyone got a screencap of him blaming Theo so we can compare it?

Le Professeur

Established Member
redanddread said:
However, amongst all the ire & angst, hats off to Jardim & Monaco who exposed Wenger & his team and highlighted to the world, yet again, what a naive & unintelligent (footballistically speaking) team Arsenal are.

Meh... We had about 10 clear-cut chances, couldn't take any of 'em, whilst they had about 3 and took nearly all of them. Literally EVERYTHING went for them, and nothing went for us at all. As bad as we were, that same game could've ended 5-1 on another day. Terribly harsh result.

That said, you have to wonder why we collapsed like that after the first few minutes, and were so unrecognisably bad for the rest of the game. Like watching another team. Sad thing is this has been happening at least a few times for a good few years in a row now, usually in the CL as well. Pretty sickening, and Wenger has to take blame for this.

Continuing the pattern of the last few years, we'll probably go on to dominate and win 0-2 in Monaco, search fruitlessly for that third goal during the last half hour and go out in admirable fashion again.

Little to do with Monaco, we just beat ourselves again.

onetowatch

We were complacent, perfectly set up to be countered, had very little width and were wasteful.

These are all failings we've seen time and again under Wenger, especially in the last 6-7 years and especially in the big games. I see nothing to suggest this is about to change soon.

Monaco just turned up and did their job professionally. Nothing more. Something we seemingly find hard to do.

The culture of complacency, excuses, lack of leadership, responsibility and decisiveness and inability to learn (really learn, long term) from mistakes will take a long time to reverse after Arsène goes. It's seeped right through the club from board level, management, players and even through to fans to some extent.

We often get accused of lacking ambition. I no longer think that's true but our way of executing our plans in order to fulfil those ambitions is the biggest hindrance.

We are a joke of a club right now sadly. An easy target for pundits and journos. Same failings year in, year out for what seems like an eternity now. Ultimate stagnation and one of the most frustrating clubs to support.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
onetowatch said:
Monaco just turned up and did their job professionally. Nothing more. Something we seemingly find hard to do.

That's all it's taken to get the better of us for ages now. A modicum of organisation and a sprinkling of talent. We've been easy to do a job on for about 7 years. We're like the silly forgetful grandad that tells the same jokes to his grandchildren every other week. a boring joke.

Toast

Established Member
Arsène Wenger said:
“All the circumstances went against us against Monaco,” Arsène Wenger told Arsenal Player. “We lost our heads a little bit when things went against us. We lost patience too quickly, we lost security too quickly and we lost discipline too quickly.

“When things go [wrong] everybody wants to put it right but then you lose the team discipline. We knew before the game that this was a [tie] which lasts 180 minutes and if it goes wrong in a part of it, you still have to keep your discipline and that’s where it went wrong.

“We will analyse it in an objective way and respond as a team. The only way for success is to respond to disappointment as a team, work for each other and fight for each other in the next game. We are not out of it - people forget that. We have to play well in the next game.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1415/pre/first-team/arsenal-v-everton-match-preview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/141 ... ch-preview</a>

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Jesus christ. The car crashed because it hit a wall. That's why the car crashed. We have to make sure we drive better the next time. We have a chance to drive better again. How ****ing tiresome.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

What a joke that quote.

He is the ****ing manager, he should prepare the team for whatever scenario may occur in the game. He is cashing 8M a year and when **** goes wrong he just sits on his hands.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He was a lot more scathing in interviews and press conferences closer to Wednesday, I'd probably think he's trying to lift morale for what will be a difficult game on Sunday.

Personally don't give a f*ck what he says in interviews as long as his actions in picking a team give us the best chance to win. Let's hope he has the huevos to drop some underperforming players.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Sorry Bojed, if it's any consolation Arsenal lost 6-0 on my birthday last year. I've never been so drunk, honestly.

On the bright side, Ox scored a beauty. If a_fourteen had his way he'd be donning the red of Liverpool by now. Can't quite remember the amount he said he'd let him go for though...:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom