• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Arsenal v AZ Alkmaar, 04/11/09, 19:45

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
TomasCR said:
Did you find out why was Cesc so fussed and mad after he scored the first goal? It looked like he was shouting something at their goalkeeper, who was a bit s***e from my point of view.
You're being kind...seriously, what was up with that backpass?

Wenger14

Established Member
True Gooner said:
otfgoon said:
Indeed Klaus, 51 goals from 17 different goalscorers. Pretty f****g impressive.

How many games have we played? Surely we're on our way to break all kinds of goalscoring records? :shock:
18 games, it's ridiculous stuff. Almost 3 goals a game and it didn't start this season either. We scored 30 league goals in our last 11 league games at the end of last season and something around (not exactly sure of this) 45-50 goals in our last 18 games in all competitions at the end of last season.

qs

Established Member
lagos said:
why are people nervous about Wolves? not Mick McCarthy?

Because every league game is so important now.

Anyway we rarely lose to teams and managers I like and I really like Lick McCarthy. So we should beat them.

otfgoon

Established Member
qs said:
I really like Lick McCarthy.

Freudian slip? :eek:

I hope we beat Wolves with the same emphatic style just for some reasurances that this isn't just home form. Obviously I'd still be very happy with a 1-0 win.

Illusion

Established Member
Annoyed we couldn't keep a clean sheet yet again, especially when it was a pretty weak goal. Almunia still isn't up to the task in my opinion, he's just the best of a bad bunch.

Our biggest weakness is in goal and we need to do something about it.

I expect Man Utd to spend big on Neuer or Akinfeev and solidify their goalkeeping position for another five to ten years, which is exactly what we should have done when Jens left us a few years ago.

Anzac

Established Member
Well done lads.

Have yet to watch the game & a bit disappointed re the late goal conceeded (again).

Pleased to read that Diaby put in a shift of sorts at last, but I fear that AW will see this as justification for continuing to play him.

alboots101

Established Member
fkn moaning about the goal...we were 4-0 up..surely if there was ever a time when you could let one go but no, we have to ***** and moan and call our players ****...classy Arsenal fans...what a fkn joke.

Anzac

Established Member
alboots101 said:
fkn moaning about the goal...we were 4-0 up..surely if there was ever a time when you could let one go but no, we have to ***** and moan and call our players s**t...classy Arsenal fans...what a fkn joke.

IMO there is NEVER any excuse/justification/reasoning to conceed a sloppy late goal - it's just p*ss poor concentration/complacency etc, and is NOT the attitude of a team with title aspirations. Until we get over this attitude then we'll continue to struggle in the sudden death Cup type matches, and will continue to encourage your opponents to think they always have a chance to score & get back into the match.

sagreig

Yes it was a good win. And while I'm very happy about the result, that goal we conceded just highlights how vulnerable we are at conceding sloppy goals late on...whether it's because Diaby's forgets which team he's playing for or because Almunia can't dive to his left, it doesn't matter. What matters is it often costs us in important games just like the West Ham one.

TomasCR

Established Member
Anzac said:
alboots101 said:
fkn moaning about the goal...we were 4-0 up..surely if there was ever a time when you could let one go but no, we have to ***** and moan and call our players s**t...classy Arsenal fans...what a fkn joke.

IMO there is NEVER any excuse/justification/reasoning to conceed a sloppy late goal - it's just p*ss poor concentration/complacency etc, and is NOT the attitude of a team with title aspirations. Until we get over this attitude then we'll continue to struggle in the sudden death Cup type matches, and will continue to encourage your opponents to think they always have a chance to score & get back into the match.
Let's not forget that the three players who were running the show were already taken off Anzac. There were too many mistakes which wouldn't have happened had they still been on the pitch that I don't find it even important to lead this discussion. 1 goal, as long as you score 4 more, means **** all.

Illusion

Established Member
That goal would have almost certainly been avoided had we had a better goalkeeper, Almunia got it completely wrong and it's not the first time he's let in stupid goals like that.

We are in a position where if one of our outfield players make a mistake and give away a chance, it will often end up in the back of the net due to never having a capable goalkeeper.

patrick42uk

Established Member
It really hit home yesterday what terrific finishers Cesc, Nasri and Diaby are. Gone are the days where we struggle to get goals from midfield.

TomasCR

Established Member
Illusion said:
That goal would have almost certainly been avoided had we had a better goalkeeper, Almunia got it completely wrong and it's not the first time he's let in stupid goals like that.

We are in a position where if one of our outfield players make a mistake and give away a chance, it will often end up in the back of the net due to never having a capable goalkeeper.
Gibbs shouldn't have lost a header, Ramsey should have pulled the player down for a yellow and Eboue shouldn't have let him to shot. These are three mistakes that wouldn't have happened if we had been only 1 or 2 nil up. Almunia should have had his first post covered but then again, the player should have not even been allowed to take the shot. A bit crazy but true.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom