• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - Arsenal Vs Borussia Dortmund - 23/11/11 19:45PM SS2

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Santos is just settling in and is getting better. Think Lee is right about him adapting to the higher pace.

Very delighted with that RVP header. One of his best ever. Always thought there was room for improvement when it comes to his heading (there still is).

TheCMT

Established Member
Santos is improving game by game. his biggest issue was his fitness and I still think he would be good if he can shed some weight. Still some positioning lapses but that's not an issue because people are aware of his attacking instincts. Though it has to be said I expect more from him not in terms of defending but attacking. I think he will grow in the role but we have to wait and see. But overall I am happy with him.

TheCMT

Established Member
Apparently Clichy had a few good games for Man City after having starting poorly and Man City think he is second coming of Christ.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Santos > Clichy. His dribbling and crossing is great. Really an amazing player for the few quid he cost us.

fabo

6.51 / 10
644620afjw1dnekofy21cg.gif

tumblr_lv5i2pz8ax1qhaz39o13_r1_250.gif

tumblr_lv5eqdOEbi1qhaz39o1_400.gif

tumblr_lv5hqvsmgw1qhaz39o1_400.gif

tumblr_lv5vjoWcQQ1qgy1ug.gif
tumblr_lv5vl6zDFE1qgy1ug.gif

Arteta has a huge man-crush on RVP, keeps going for his neck...........:lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, there's an interview with Roger on Arsenal.com
Klopp is quite clearly going to be our next manager, when Arsène goes.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

patrick42uk said:
Maybe its me, but I do find it pleasing that Gervinho's getting in those positions with such regularity. Clearly its no fluke.....

Here's a question - is this team stronger than last year's? I loved the way Vermaelen was so pissed about conceding that goal, even though it was irrelevant. This team has so many good characters and intelligent players.

Nope it's not just you . Our best strikers all got into those positions with regularity and intially passed up chance after chance , Henry and Adebarndoor . Apparently when Henry played up front for the first few months , the other boys used to joke he couldn't hit the highbury clock and we all remember Ade .

Not saying Gervinho will be like Henry but getting the chances game after game is 90% on the way to becoming prolific .

fabo

6.51 / 10
It's all true. What concerns me is the quality of chance that he's missing, really gilt-edged ones. His 2 goals so far have been more instinctive, control the ball and hit it early - when he has had time, he's lacked the composure to hit the net.

I hope it comes together for him in that area, as he's doing alot of positive stuff. He really should have 5-10 goals already.

Enfield

Established Member
When Eduardo was missing those chances, game after game, people thought he had lost it. I hope they were wrong then and right now when they say that Gervinho just needs to be patient and it will come together for him. Still pissed that we sold Eduardo, he could be very useful these days

hesham

Established Member
fabo said:
Arteta has a huge man-crush on RVP, keeps going for his neck...........:lol:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/123099.html?CMP=OTC-RSS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/st ... MP=OTC-RSS</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man crush confirmed.

Lots of our players have improved there finishing with time (Ade, Henry)
Gervinho is a bresh of fresh air as far as im concerned, he has been great, if he can improves his finishing he'll be WC.. His movement is causing havoc against opponent which creates space for everyone else, something we havnt had in a long time..

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

fabo said:
It's all true. What concerns me is the quality of chance that he's missing, really gilt-edged ones. His 2 goals so far have been more instinctive, control the ball and hit it early - when he has had time, he's lacked the composure to hit the net.

I hope it comes together for him in that area, as he's doing alot of positive stuff. He really should have 5-10 goals already.

He's got the yips I reckon , there is no technical reason he could not put the chance against Norwich and Dortmund away . I have seen him put those away in France with aplomb .
This is where AW has to earn his money and get him mentally right .

TheArsenalis

THunter said:
Yeah, there's an interview with Roger on Arsenal.com
Klopp is quite clearly going to be our next manager, when Arsène goes.
Wouldnt be bad, with better players he couod something special. His team work their ass off to stop us, bayern from playing, I was impressed, their transition into attack after winning the ball back is sorta like real madrid.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

A little bit more on Gervinho's season .

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/john-cross/John-Cross-Arsenal-column-Gervinho-is-one-of-the-signings-of-the-season-but-you-might-need-to-be-Moneyball-hero-Billy-Beane-to-appreciate-it-article834474.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 34474.html</a>

Gervinho has played nine Premier League games so far, scored twice, made five assists and created a goalscoring chance every 39 minutes.

By contrast, Nasri, in his first FULL season, played 29, scored six, made just two assists and his chances ratio was one every 49 minutes.

TheArsenalis

On the game: we won a tough game, I love these types of wins, not many chances but with a clinical striker it was a job well done. they earn their money last night. We dont control games like we use to, but we get to the point. Defensively we are now as solid as ever can be better but no complaints.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Cross is spot on with his article there.

I always expected Gervinho to suit us better on the wings than Nasri, even though he has his some issues to sort out.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
celestis said:
A little bit more on Gervinho's season .

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/john-cross/John-Cross-Arsenal-column-Gervinho-is-one-of-the-signings-of-the-season-but-you-might-need-to-be-Moneyball-hero-Billy-Beane-to-appreciate-it-article834474.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 34474.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He also says this

It took Nasri the best part of two years to find a level of consistency. It took Gervinho less than two months.

If by "consistency" he means consistently poor/average bar a good game against Stoke City, then yes I agree.

Top Bottom