• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - Arsenal Vs Borussia Dortmund - 23/11/11 19:45PM SS2

Herbas

After the group draws some people guessed very correctly by saying that such tough group actually favoured us as other teams would be taking points from each other while we would take them more seriously.

shariqdhanani

Enfield said:
I agree we haven't replaced him and I would liek us to do so in January before any other signing. Maybe Park is the man but he has only got on the pitch twice since we signed him. I'd see nothing wrong with playing RVP a little deeper and using Eduardo as a finisher to the chances RVP would create. We could also not play RVP for the full 90mins nearly every game.

so you want to replace van persie, the hottest striker in europe, and replace him with eduardo who has nothing on van persie? Yeah, im not so keen on that idea thanks. The chances we create are not the problem so moving van persie deeper does not mean we will create more chances. We just have to finish the chances we create and van persie does that brilliantly. Our main problem is we play with one striker and every backup striker will obviously not be good enough for us because rvp will be playing in every important match for us. Every striker, whether he is worth 30 mill or 2 mill won't be good enough for us because he will never get the run of games and thus, will never find form. Why is chamakh so out of form? It is because the last time chamakh played was against stoke i believe ...

Anzac

Established Member
I thought this was the match thread - my bad.

Congrats to the boys,
was hoping to be able to watch the full game before posting but alas have not been able to do so.
Apart from the opening 10-20 mins when Dortmund were again bossing the midfield I've only seen the giff here regarding Song's burst into the box for the opening goal - reminded me of his contribution to THAT goal by Eduardo.
Other than that my other memory of what I'd seen was of Song losing the ball in midfield a number of times as a result of either a heavy 1st touch with players on his back, or him recieving the ball back to goal & trying to turn forward & turning into trouble.
Apart from Wilshere IMO none of our defence & midfield are comfortable back to goal.

KY

Established Member
I think you underestimate our midfield a bit, Anzac. Arteta looks great with his towards goal too. I remember him dribbling himself out of a few situations in this game...

On a separate note, Sven Bender not only fractured his jaw, he also damaged a knee ligament as well. O_O Hard to imagine that Verms walked away from a collision like that unscathed...

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Note to self: add 'scunt' to vocabulary :)

BTW good stuff on Gervinho's shooting technique. Keep it coming people, we might be onto something here. Could it also be down to the fact that his body isn't completely used to the league yet? he looks awfully small. tiny limbs, weak muscles etc.. if he gets into a proper EPL form physically, with those stronger core muscles to support him, we could see more nasri/cesc style twists and turns from.. or maybe even similar style to rvp's ball control and shooting. those guys know how to use their body, opponent's momentum, timing of the shoulder drop, and the weight of the touch to make the ball dance for you, including shooting. we have a potentially superstar on our hands, seeing as we got pires at about the same age as well.

Mastadon

Established Member
28 goals in 67 league games for Lille, 7 in 28 at international level. Overall career 39 goals in 135 league games as compared to Theo Walcott 20 in 126. I would think its fair enough to say he can score goals and is going through a bad patch at the moment rather than he has no idea how to shoot and score.

Top Bottom