• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL| Arsenal vs Marseille | Tue Nov 1st | 19:45

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Marseille-vs-Arsenal-300x147.jpg

Huge game for us on Tuesday.
We have to re-focus ourselves for this important tie after today's victory.

A win would ensure qualification for the last 16 again, and would be another welcomed boost on the path of our way back to our best.

I guess Wenger will make some changes in order to keep the players fresh, maybe easing Verms back into it as LB, and give Santos a break.
I assume Gervinho will be out of the starting team as well and Arsh might come in for him, surely Park to start instead of Robin too, although I fear Chamakh might get a chance again.

Three points here, and we're pretty much set for a string of easier fixtures in the League where we can continue to climb up the table.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i think we can win this lets just score an early goal and everything will gonna be ok i think we will the same line up, wenger want to get the 3 points and take a place in round 16.

chesney

jenko kosh per verms

song arteta

walcott ramsey gervinho

rvp

stuart

Established Member
No coking about until we are guaranteed top spot. We can rotate a few players but people like Van Persie should be starting imo.

mo50

Established Member
I wouldn't start Van Persie. I'm sure we could beat them with Park/Chamakh leading the line. We should be giving Van Persie as much rest as possible and now that we're top of the group with 2 home games and 1 away to Olympiacos left, we can afford to rest him. Without him, 4th is impossible.

IBL

Established Member
Rest RVP our MVP. Give Chambo, Frimp, Coq and Rossi a runout as I think they should be good enough to beath Marseille.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
----------,Szczesny
Jenk - Kos - Verm - Santos
Song - Arteta - ramsey
Walcott - van Persie - Gervinho

dyeruz

Established Member
These are precisely the type of games we shouldn't be cocking around, ensure we finish first then start rotating the team. last year we come upstuck, f*cking about thinking we had it won, marsaille will be a tough game as so will dortmund even though they only have a point. Let's not forget only a few weeks ago we were in "crisis" let the boys keep up the hard work and keep getting the positive results.

Bossa

Established Member
Its going to be tough for Wenger to pick a defence but the rest should be an obvious choice.

Koscielny is too good to be played as a RB so I think that we should play

Jenkinson Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen

Give Mertesacker a rest.

Linson

We can't keep playing our best XI. I would personally have something like below and have a very strong bench to compensate.

--------------------Szczesny

---Jenkinson--Mertesacker-Koscielny--Vermaelen--

---------------Coquelin----Frimpong-----------

----Chamberlain----Arshavin-------Benayoun---

---------------------Park---------------------

Height-wise in the middle of the park could be an issue but this should be strong enough to bum Marseille sufficiently to win at home.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We win this we will most likely top the group we can rest player on Sunday but need to play our best against Marseille

fabo

6.51 / 10
Full team for this one hopefully, including RVP and Vermaelen. Punish these diving ****s and then we can rotate a bit in the final games of the group.

Bossa

Established Member
Actually lets play

Szscesny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen
Rosicky Song Ramsey
Gervinho Park Arshavin

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

dyeruz said:
These are precisely the type of games we shouldn't be cocking around, ensure we finish first then start rotating the team. last year we come upstuck, f*cking about thinking we had it won, marsaille will be a tough game as so will dortmund even though they only have a point. Let's not forget only a few weeks ago we were in "crisis" let the boys keep up the hard work and keep getting the positive results.

This is completely right , w'eve worked hard to get here . As Wenger says confidence takes a long time to develop and easy to destroy.
Play a strong side . Arshavin to come in .

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Win this and we are almost guaranteed qualification. Play a strong team and don't **** around. There will be some rotation though. Look for Jenko to come in for JD, Arshavin or Rosicky to come in for?? I wonder if Arsène will start with RVP. Gibbs probably short for this game, Santos could do with game time to try and improve his defensive performances and maybe TV5 for Per..

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
redanddread said:
Win this and we are almost guaranteed qualification. Play a strong team and don't **** around. There will be some rotation though. Look for Jenko to come in for JD, Arshavin or Rosicky to come in for?? I wonder if Arsène will start with RVP. Gibbs probably short for this game, Santos could do with game time to try and improve his defensive performances and maybe TV5 for Per..
this...

we are at home for this.. we play a strong lineup (including RvP) and secure qualification.. then we can start rotating players..

we have West Brom at home next weekend. Marseilles is a tougher game. Play the big boys now

Kain

Established Member
Vela mentioned in the Lobby thread that there is an international break not long after this fixture.

We don't really need to rest players urgently due to injuries and suspensions already playing our hand in that regard, Song & Gervinho were suspended early in the season for instance, the obvious main worry being RVP was rested for most of the Stoke fixture (even though he stole the show in the second half) and the main first team were also rested for the CC tie against Bolton midweek.

The two players who could probably use a break are Arteta & Koscielny, the former moving here to play CL football won't appreciate being dropped and doesn't play for the National team so can rest then, the latter plays his best football in this competition & is pretty much undroppable from recent form.

Santos needs more match fitness so he needs to play, this will be a good opportunity to test Vermaelen & Koscileny centre back partnership, these European CL fixtures are the games we would like to think (on paper) are custom made for that CB partnership.

Keep the home form rocking, and the win streak going!

kalleTheMan

Established Member
We should play a strong team, we need to secure qualifiction. And tbh I doubt West Bromwich at home will be a physically demanding game.

Top Bottom