• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL| Arsenal vs Marseille | Tue Nov 1st | 19:45

Warship

redwhiteAustrian said:
Dortmund have won.

We'll have a quite a game now against them at the Emirates.
Meh.

Fortunately they'll be in a must-win situation which should open them up a bit at the back. Based on their away performances in Europe I think it's a game we can win. Marseille will almost certainly beat Olympiacos at home next round but doubt they'll win in Dortmund. It's gonna go down to the wire though I'm sure.

blaze_of_glory

redwhiteAustrian said:
Oh ffs, another lunchtime kick off.
They all should rot in hell.

oh ffs not again... I'm sick of waking up before the sun rises on weekends. Where are the 3pm (GMT) kickoffs?!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Santos isn't good enough defensively, needs to improve a lot in that area. So many times he was out of position and other players had to cover for him. Park did ok, made some good runs and won a few headers which was nice to see, but a bit disappointing when he had the ball..

4 points from the two Marseille games is pretty good!

FunGun

I am kind of worried that we seem to seriously lack creativity and vision in our midfield. Without Fabregas we seem only to have Wilshere who can play a killer ball. We need to sign someone in Jan to fix this in case Wilshere is out longer or gets injured again.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
blaze_of_glory said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
Oh ffs, another lunchtime kick off.
They all should rot in hell.

oh ffs not again... I'm sick of waking up before the sun rises on weekends. Where are the 3pm (GMT) kickoffs?!

I doubt there's been one single season, where we've had so many lunch time kick offs over the first 10-15 games.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Awful performance from us, flat all over the pitch, little creativity, no urgency, dumb decision-making by loads of players.

Just like us to make a dog's balls of a piss easy group.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
fabo said:
Awful performance from us, flat all over the pitch, little creativity, no urgency, dumb decision-making by loads of players.

Just like us to make a dog's balls of a piss easy group.

Manure have a piss easy group not us. Marseille are a solid side, Dortmund the German Champions and Olympiakos away is always a tricky game with a hostile crowd.

Personally I'm satisfied with a point, the lads were emotionally and physically empty from the Chelski game.

eye4goal

Established Member
Abit concerned we've been more or less outplayed in every game in the CL. The absence of Wilshere is much more obvious in Europe when space is limited.

fabo

6.51 / 10
The midfield was non-existent in a defensive sense, Valbuena had the freedom of the pitch. Mind you Marseille's team is littered with braindead idiots so I never feared a sucker punch.

Very disappointing tonight, summed up by Jenkinson running down the flank right at the end, chance to whip it in or drive towards the box yet he cuts back and wastes any time that was left.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Our final ball today was relatively diabolical and when we did create an opening we wasted it. A solid defensive performance apart from the opening 10 mins. Park caught stage fright and was really a waste of space but it will have given him some good experience. The lads looked tired at the end but a hard fought point and a clean sheet but you can't feel but disappointed that we never got the job done tonight.

Welcome back TV5 - an imperious performance and also a very composed performance by Mertesacker. After shooting off all our ammo this weekend our Guns were empty come tonite.

Ramsey (2) and RVP wasted our best chances. Can't quite figure what Ramsey was waiting for when set up one on one with their goalie.

I thought Song was imperious also, winning most of his challenges and initiating our counter attacks. Arteta steady again but we certainly lacked that 'can opener" in the final 1/3.

Jenko had a storming game and shows great promise.

Gervinho's touch let him down tonite but always looks dangerous when on the ball.

Arsène said he was aiming for 4 points from these 2 games but after having done the hard work in Marseille, this is definitely 2 points dropped.

fabo

6.51 / 10
We'll have to beat Dortmund as I can only see one result between Marseille vs Olympiakos, Greeks are awful travellers. We may even need to get something away to Olympiakos to make sure of top spot.......:neutral:

One positive tonight was Vermaelen, who was excellent. Our only quality performer I thought. Szczesny again had a couple of crazy moments which are becoming features of most of his performances.

Bossa

Established Member
But if we draw we will probably finish 2nd. And then we will probably draw Barcelona or Real Madrid and then we are out.

Dortmund game will be a cracker because they must win.

redanddread

Is Marseille's last game is away to Dortmund? I say we need to win at home against Dortmund and then worry about what we need to do away against Olympiakos. tonight's result mean that we cannot **** around in the next two matches. A big 2 points dropped tonight.

redanddread

Santos sure adds some excitement to the scene! He tackles well but gets exposed and out of position quite often. Still a real attacking threat and the most attacking left back we have had for a while

Bossa

Established Member
We need a midfielder who can give Arteta and Ramsey a break. We just cant rely on Diaby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom