• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL| Arsenal vs Marseille | Tue Nov 1st | 19:45

Invincible

Established Member
Walcott was back his old self today. Saturday's performance was clearly a one off. Only positive was the back four.

eye4goal

Established Member
Song and Arteta are not mobile enough and lack that acceleration you need to keep it under pressure. Having less possession can work in the PL, but the CL is a different matter

spartandre217

Established Member
blaze_of_glory said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
Oh ffs, another lunchtime kick off.
They all should rot in hell.

oh ffs not again... I'm sick of waking up before the sun rises on weekends. Where are the 3pm (GMT) kickoffs?!

I hear ya mate, woke up at 730 for the Chelsea match.

ricky1985

Established Member
I was pretty annoyed watching that. We lacked pace in our game, the passing was just too slow, and everyone's touch seemed to be off. I'll let them off tonight because they did look tired, but I'm not happy we didn't find an extra bit of quality and win the game.

Szczesny, as much as I love him, needs a bit of a slap. He's getting a bit too cocky and full of himself. Yes, you're extremely good, but you're not superman, and you will get caught out eventually and look a proper tit. Just gotta reign it in a bit.

illmatik

Established Member
Thought Park looked well out of place, not a good showing from him...was very impressed with Mertesacker though

mistaT

Established Member
Wenger needs to take some heat for today's line up, and worse bench.

I can't believe neither Frimpong or Coueqlin were on the bench as Song was dead tired from the get go. While he managed to have a decent game we really could have used one of those two on around the 60th.

Gervinho was also really off today, he's our new version of Koscielny in that you never know what you're going to get from him. He never looked like he was going to score and some of his decision making was awful.

Props to the defense though - and that includes Jenkinson who I though had a smart game.

Draw = meh

yuvken

Established Member
@ ricky - that's what Imeant the other day about Chez - he's flying a bit too high (or scrap "flying a bit" in the last sentence). But at least he was good in the pure goali job, and organized the D (corners etc. - he really put everyone in place).
How good to have TV back. Beyond words. Encouraged by Mert, Jenkinson and Rambo as well.

Rosicky and Arsha - no fairy tales after all.

We paid the price for the VP gamble. What can you do - legit gamble in my book.

Park - big disappointment.

I am now officially worried about the LB situation: it's common knowledge we need to be attacked from there. And, with all Santos' beauty and "contribution in attack" (and some nice tackles) - we will pay for this if it continues.

bad result, not too worried all in all.

yuvken

Established Member
mistaT said:
Gervinho was also really off today, he's our new version of Koscielny in that you never know what you're going to get from him. He never looked like he was going to score and some of his decision making was awful
I can see a resemlance to Kos: they take time to settle in? This is a good player, one that leans a lot on confidence and "feel good" factor, but doesn't hold back anyway. Just started getting the hang of the VP situation, and he needs to find Park in the woods... I'm happy with him - he's on the right track (he was never going to be an immediate fit).
The bold part - outdated.

Invincible

Established Member
eye4goal said:
Song and Arteta are not mobile enough and lack that acceleration you need to keep it under pressure. Having less possession can work in the PL, but the CL is a different matter
Spot on. Our midfield has let us down not for the first time tonight. Arteta looks a midtable player and Song is Song. It's sad to see how much we've regressed in midfield. Can't wait to have Wilshere back.

AliBabaBrewer

Invincible said:
Arteta looks a midtable player.

He HAS come from a midtable team, but this is the player we all dreamed Denilson would be. When we thought Denilson could be good. All those years ago.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Song was frustrating yesterday.
For every duel he won, he misplaced a pass.

Ramsey was again our best midfielder, Arteta worked hard again but you could see all of them were quite drained.

Yesterday, we really lacked sharpness.
There was no handbrake, we didn't even have the power to pull it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

yuvken said:
mistaT said:
Gervinho was also really off today, he's our new version of Koscielny in that you never know what you're going to get from him. He never looked like he was going to score and some of his decision making was awful
I can see a resemlance to Kos: they take time to settle in? This is a good player, one that leans a lot on confidence and "feel good" factor, but doesn't hold back anyway. Just started getting the hang of the VP situation, and he needs to find Park in the woods... I'm happy with him - he's on the right track (he was never going to be an immediate fit).
The bold part - outdated.

I agree you always know what you are going to get , that is a bloke that is going to test defenders and isn't afraid of doing so , he still created our best oppurtunities apart from the Santos cross .

Dont know how anyone else feels about this but am really impressed by Songs ability to keep posession under pressure . It's just immense . His passing in the final third is off but at least he is brave enough to try the through ball when put in that position .

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Yes, Song keeps the ball very well under pressure, but it's what he does with it afterwards which is often frustrating.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
redwhiteAustrian said:
Yes, Song keeps the ball very well under pressure, but it's what he does with it afterwards which is often frustrating.

Nobody's perfect...

Top Bottom