• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Arsenal vs Olympiacos | 29/09/09, 19:45 | SSX

raphael_as

To be honest I thought a lot of the fans noise/positivity came from reaction to the Greek fans - say what you want about the team, but even given a woeful performance on the pitch the fans were singing almost non-stop (and I've been to a few Greek matches this is pretty much normal).

Sort of puts our efforts (especially at home) to shame....

ibby

Established Member
hujja said:
ibby said:
progman07 said:
Yeah Cesc's shot was very poor...I mean he only hit the post, ffs.
Exactly. :|

Missing chances and hitting the post is nothing to do with luck.

Some goals have an element of luck in it.
Edited that for you.

I was speaking about the first half in general though, the reason we weren't 1-0 up wasn't because we were "unlucky", it was because we were inept in front of goal.

ricky1985

Established Member
raphael_as said:
To be honest I thought a lot of the fans noise/positivity came from reaction to the Greek fans - say what you want about the team, but even given a woeful performance on the pitch the fans were singing almost non-stop (and I've been to a few Greek matches this is pretty much normal).

Sort of puts our efforts (especially at home) to shame....
Actually it was quite funny. I was sitting pretty near the Greeks and they were really impressive, but as soon as we scored to go 1-0 up they fell completely silent, and the 'bouncing in unison' stopped as well.

Top Bottom