• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal vs Olympiakos | Wed 28/9/11 19:45PM SS2

fabo

6.51 / 10
Big game for us, home games will be crucial if we want to get top spot.

According to a BBC journalist, Theo's injury is minor and he may be in contention for this.

@bbcsport_david David Ornstein
Understand Walcott's knee injury is minor - he could be in contention for Wednesday's Champions League game vs Olympiacos #bbcfootball #afc

But I think we can play with Arshavin/RVP/Gervinho in attack + the same midfield and defence as today.

Fairly confident we'll win this one.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We must win this i prefer we rest walcott a give arsha the start im sure we will see the same line up who played vs bolton just arsha will took walcott role.

5-0 YEAH 5-0 we can do this hatrick from Rvp Gervinho Arteta.

Warship

yousif_persie said:
We must win this i prefer we rest walcott a give arsha the start im sure we will see the same line up who played vs bolton just arsha will took walcott role.

5-0 YEAH 5-0 we can do this hatrick from Rvp Gervinho Arteta.

Yeah I'd imagine Walcott will be rested to be sure he'll be back for Spuds.

At first I was thinking we'd have to rotate the squad a bit but I guess with 3 days rest in between both this and Sp**s we should be able to field most of the regulars.

Arshavin probably gets a shout in place of Theo though I wouldn't mind seeing Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Arshavin typically plays pretty well against European opposition so hopefully he's up for this one -- looked fairly decent in his limited showing today.

mo50

Established Member
We've got the NLD next week, so I'd look to rest a few players, particularly Van Persie. I'm sure we can win the game with Chamakh up top as he's looked more hungry and rejuvenated over the past few games.

mistaT

Established Member
One or two goals should be enough to win this.

Perfect game for Arshavin to start as his brilliance may unlock a stubborn defensive side, while his giveaways won't be punished by a side that doesn't venture forward.

2-0

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Definitely rest Robin, Arteta, Song and Sagna. Would like to have rested Kos as well, but that might be too much. I'd start Park up front with Oxlade on the Right, Gerv/Arshavin on the left. Is Benayoun back for this?

Floating

Established Member
Agreed on resting our key players, especially Robin and Ramsey.

I want to see Park, and either Coquelin or Frimpong come in to give Ramsey a breather. Maybe Benayoun or Oxlade-Chamberlin can play CM too.

Kain

Established Member
Best preparation for the Sp**s tie would be to hammer these lot, it’s not like we have to travel to the other end of the country for our next fixture being the NLD.

Make a few changes but keep the bulk of first team together, let them build on the confidence from the Bolton game second half with a win here, you need to beat the opposition in the CL group stage home ties, three points here and it puts us in good stead for the group.

Marseille beat them 1-0 it was an open play goal very straight forward, even with our dodgy form we should have enough to control this game.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Just win this game anyhow with any team, most likely with a lots of changes.
Piräus aren't that strong, and we on the other hand, seem to get going finally.

Haven't lost to a foreign side at home in the UCL since 2003, would like to keep that record for another season.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Woah, this is a CL game lads, can't see Wenger resting too many for this.

Pity we don't have Eboue around so we could rest Sagna though.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
fabo said:
Woah, this is a CL game lads, can't see Wenger resting too many for this.
Pity we don't have Eboue around so we could rest Sagna though.
Think so too. Hope we're savely ahead as early as possible in the match, so Wenger will/can rest key-players thereafter.

cuban

Established Member
I think we will be fine with two or three changes but nothing major really...we can do that when we'll be sure of progressing...

I would start Shava even if Theo was fit..Chamakh in for Robin...and Rosicky or Benayoun in for Arteta...

There is light

This is a must win, probably the easiest game of the group for us and anything other than 3 points cannot be accepted, hence we have to play more first team players, not sure arteta can play 90 mts though, song will play 90, if we can secure a result within 60 minutes (yes, these days that's impossible, never secured) then we can maybe send coquelin and rosicky/frimpong on for ramsey and arteta. Santos will start though, sagna should as well, can't give jenkinson a game here, plenty of options upfront though.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
cuban said:
I think we will be fine with two or three changes but nothing major really...we can do that when we'll be sure of progressing...

I would start Shava even if Theo was fit..Chamakh in for Robin...and Rosicky or Benayoun in for Arteta...

Yeah, that would be a good mix of first teamers getting a break and fringe players getting a chance.

Vela

Established Member
I think there will be a couple of changes the likes of Rosicky and Arshavin coming in. I think Arteta and Ramsey both need resting but one will play as lack of options.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Yesterday Olympiakos won their 2nd league match 2-3 away v Ergotelis.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/ergotelis-olympiakos-15453518/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodispl ... -15453518/</a>

amirkat

Established Member
Ramsey to steal the show again; wish I can find highlights of his last game against Olympiakos. That was the game I realised why Arsenal and United were fighting out for this guy.

alboots101

Established Member
Feeling a little better about this game and the CL in general after yesterdays win.

I doubt if there will be many Olymiakos fans in my old mans local.

Top Bottom