• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal vs Olympiakos | Wed 28/9/11 19:45PM SS2

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
The Jury said:
ibby said:
Rosicky is a disgrace.

And these sky ads can **** off.

What the ******* hell's going on with these poxy adverts? It's like my lap top has lost the ability to detect bollocks despite every ad blocker under the sun being deployed. Does anyone know how I can stop this awful ****ery? :twisted:
Yes. There are several threads about this in 'Help'. It's very easy; probably takes more effort and time to moan about them than disable.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
AnthonyG said:
The Jury said:
ibby said:
Rosicky is a disgrace.

And these sky ads can **** off.

What the ******* hell's going on with these poxy adverts? It's like my lap top has lost the ability to detect bollocks despite every ad blocker under the sun being deployed. Does anyone know how I can stop this awful ****ery? :twisted:
Yes. There are several threads about this in 'Help'. It's very easy; probably takes more effort and time to moan about them than disable.

It does. I sorted it in a few seconds after posting that.

It's funny. It's like having to phone the police to confirm that you definitely don't want your door kicked off every morning. I mean, what sane person wants that?

TheCMT

Established Member
Good result good to see that some key players got rest for NLD. AOC had an impressive game his crossing is brilliant though his overall game needs to improve (and will improve) which is quite natural. He was a reason which caused Sagna to be exposed. Pingpong had an off game he seriously needs to work on his position and just not depend on his sheer power and aggression to win the ball. Song was immense and Mert was good. Though their goal against us pissed me off a bit. Santos looked lacking of fitness but grew in to the game after his goal. Chamakh worked hard but failed to make an impact the same goes for Arshavin. Arteta was good too love the way he keeps moving the ball. Rozza tried hard but he was poor.

Talking about Olympiakos Torosidis was brilliant for them. He is brilliant crosser of the ball. He should be good option if we want to buy a right back to play in rotation with Sagna. Heard from wiki that he has a release clause of 7 mi. Mirallas looked good for them caused hell lot of problem to Sagna.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

For the AOC goal some credit has to go to Song for the great pass and Chamakh for blocking his defender from getting to him .

ibby

Established Member
GDeep said:
Those ads are ridiculous, thankfully I don't get them when I'm on my IPad.
I don't get them when I'm on my iPhone. I do get them when I'm on my MacBook Pro and iMac though.

TheCMT said:
Talking about Olympiakos Torosidis was brilliant for them. He is brilliant crosser of the ball. He should be good option if we want to buy a right back to play in rotation with Sagna. Heard from wiki that he has a release clause of 7 mi. Mirallas looked good for them caused hell lot of problem to Sagna.
You know why he looked good? Because he was facing Arshavin. A player who doesn't track back and isn't a major threat going forward.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Frimpong was quite poor. His passing was ridiculous as was his touch at times. Starting to seriously question if he's ready to back up Alex.

Cruisio

Established Member
Surely this game spells bad news for Djourou, as, unless I missed something, Wenger didnt say he was injured in the program notes

TomasCR

Established Member
Not happy with the performance but then again we played with a couple of squad players who won't be involved against Sp**s and they were a part of a very important win against a CL team so happy with that.

Rosicky looked like he hardly put 5 trainings in the couple of days together and was injured for 3 weeks which is actually true, was pretty slow which he normally isn't, but once again it was a performance you can perhaps expect from a 5th choice or so midfielder, he'll get better though.

Accomplished

Established Member
really? I didn't see anything better than Theo's usual standard yesterday. Excellent performance for someone so young and with such inexperience, but fairly standard relative to our other wingers. The goal was excellent, but Theo has scored several goals like that, and when people talk about "going past players" I really don't see much difference between the two. He still came unstuck a number of times and I think a performance like that from Theo would have been greeted by a giant "meh" on here...

ebouenolike

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Bold prediction: Alex Chamberlain will be England's first choice right winger come the Euros.

I could see that too. His competition is Feo and Lennon, it's entirely doable if he pushes on. 2 starts 2 goals, hell of a start.

P.S I hope Arshavin and Rosicky are embarrassed when they pick up their 60-100k this week. Gutless spineless performance from both, YET AGAIN. Complete garbage, the whole pub I was in was disgusted with both. Lazy overpaid tossers, they're supposed to be our leadership and experience in the squad - what a joke.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Bold prediction: Alex Chamberlain will be England's first choice right winger come the Euros.

I don't think that's unrealistic either. He seems to me to be a more natural player than Theo - better on the ball. That's just my opinion from the little i've seen of him. 2 goals in two appearances from someone as young as him suggests to me that he isn't going to shy away at this level - well at least the early sings are good. Will be nice to see him develop.

People can talk about experience all you like but he outperformed our supposed Russian star who was having yet another terribly ineffectual game on the other wing. On that offering who deserves the game time Arshavin or the OC? I would pick the youngster

There is light

Our midfield was the problem yesterday, we lost a lot of balls carelessly, especially frimpong and also rosicky but merte and song both defended very well. Sagna didn't have a good game, but santos played well as the game went on, he's still not completely fit and needs gametime but was very good going forward, his finish was good but he made a good cross as well just before that chance and chamakh should've scored.

Ox took his chance well and had some good moments but a lot of tactical work to be done on his game, you could see his reaction when he was substituted, he knew he didn't have a very good game and he'll work hard, the youngest english goalscorer in CL!! Sagna should've taken a little more responsibility with him being the senior, i thought he went forward far too much and they had some chances from our right side in the first half, should've made lesser forward runs much like santos did. Arteta was excellent and made that amazing goalline save in the first half. Chamakh worked hard for a change, more of this and he might find form again, played a very good ball to oxo early in the second half as well. Arshavin was WASTEFUL. Considering the no. of injuries and rosicky, chamakh, arshavin all being so out of form it's a good result, RVP gervais and theo should now be fresh for NLD as well.

patrick42uk

Established Member
What does Andrey do during the week? Does he actually train? Just dont get how a professional footballer can look so out of shape. These days you wouldnt get away with that in the football league, let alone right at the top. Wenger does him a big favour protecting him but what he really needs to do is ship him out.

You hear of the likes of Gignac, Tevez and Benzema going to fat-farms during pre-season. I wonder why this wasn't recommended for Arshavin.

TomasCR

Established Member
Saw the game on a TV again before a while and have got to say all Chamakh, Arshavin and Rosicky weren't that bad as you lot are making them out to be at all. Chamakh put a lot of effort in, was constantly coming deep for balls and had about 1 more km in his legs than anyone else in the team when he was coming off. Arshavin was about the only threat with Ox up front and was making quite interesting runs behind the defence, should have scored though. Rosicky misplaced two or three balls during the game and seemed to be tired later but kept passing the ball well and nicely around the wings, was the one to create the chance for the second goal and had two or three great moments too, didn't look slow watching it in high quality either. It was a classic 6 performance for all of them; don't know what are you lot *****ing about to be honest.

ebouenolike

Established Member
If you think that Rosicky and Arshavin put in an acceptable level of effort and did all that they could with their considerable talent then I don't know what to say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom