• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal vs Olympiakos | Wed 28/9/11 19:45PM SS2

TomasCR

Established Member
Saying the two did all they could do with their talent is something completely different, if everyone did what their talent afforded them to do we would be 1st in the league by now, stop putting words into my mouth. They are getting some stick for yesterday's game, just sayig they weren't that bad, especially Rosicky.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
What an awful kind of cap was Song wearing during his post match interview?
Oh dear...........

songcap.jpg

ebouenolike

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Saying the two did all they could do with their talent is something completely different, if everyone did what their talent afforded them to do we would be 1st in the league by now, stop putting words into my mouth. They are getting some stick for yesterday's game, just sayig they weren't that bad, especially Rosicky.

Rosicky hardly broke a sweat, he was mediocre in the extreme, and this was a chance for him to get into the manager's plans. When I see that kind of attitude from someone who spent 18 months out of the game and is supposed to be captain I am disgusted. In 2011 he has had some HORRIFIC matches, the 4-4, the Nou Camp, Wembley, and then just about any game he's been involved in this season. I take it he's one of your favorites, but his attitude is downright wrong.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
With an eye on the injury situation here, maybe Song's carrying some clasp pins on his cap, just in case of emergency.

Otherwise, he just looks plain stupid with that.

TomasCR

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
TomasCR said:

Rosicky hardly broke a sweat, he was mediocre in the extreme, and this was a chance for him to get into the manager's plans. When I see that kind of attitude from someone who spent 18 months out of the game and is supposed to be captain I am disgusted. In 2011 he has had some HORRIFIC matches, the 4-4, the Nou Camp, Wembley, and then just about any game he's been involved in this season. I take it he's one of your favorites, but his attitude is downright wrong.
You know what, as bad as Rosicky can sometimes be, the last thing I thought he should work on was his attitude which has never been the problem. For me at least anyway.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Fair enough, I'll leave it alone now, just got very annoyed watching the game.

Valuable 3 points and some firsts for Santos and Ox.

qs

Established Member
TomasCR said:

He was useless. Completely useless.

Did you see the moment when Arshavin played a great flick on to put him through down the left wing, if that had been onto to any player competing for Rosickys position it'd have been a one on one with the keeper but Rosicky couldn't even get their ahead of the defender despite having a yard head start over him.

He's well past it. I'd rather we played an up and coming kid than Rosicky. What a waste it is that Rosicky is still at the club and Lansbury is out on loan.

Vela

Established Member
Last night Arshavin moved centrally a couple of times and when he did through out the match he showed glimpses of what he can do there. He done a couple of great passes most noticeable one was to Chamakh when he should of scored in the first half. He is wasted on the wing we all know it play him through the center if were going to play him at all.

TomasCR

Established Member
Qs the situation you're talking about was the one from the first half? If we're talking about the same, then the ball played by Arshavin was too short and Rosicky had two defenders around him, it was a 50:50 ball and he didn't go for it because it was too slow for him to get there.

Don't know, I know I'm partly biased when it comes to him but I refuse to admit he can't offer anything anymore. There were a couple of good moments and passes from him too but it gets completely overlooked. He wasn't that bad; he had an average game and wasn't worse than Frimpong, Arshavin and Chamakh. He'll show you what he can do yet you little bastard. ;)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I didn't think Arshavin or Chamakh were that bad , Frimpong was let down by his touch which broke down our fluidity .

qs

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Qs the situation you're talking about was the one from the first half? If we're talking about the same, then the ball played by Arshavin was too short and Rosicky had two defenders around him, it was a 50:50 ball and he didn't go for it because it was too slow for him to get there.

Don't know, I know I'm partly biased when it comes to him but I refuse to admit he can't offer anything anymore. There were a couple of good moments and passes from him too but it gets completely overlooked. He wasn't that bad; he had an average game and wasn't worse than Frimpong, Arshavin and Chamakh. He'll show you what he can do yet you little bastard. ;)

I'd say he was worse than Frimpong, who improved alot in the second half IMO. The other 2 were pitiful too, I'd probably have Shava as the best of a bad bunch there.

Rosicky is the 2nd worst player in the squad. Almunia being number 1. Even Squillaci has more to offer.

dreamLord

Established Member
His performance might have been awful, but Rosicky played a nice game for Santos' goal (build up to it)

WengerFaithful

Did any one watch this match on Setanta - it was refreshing to hear two commentators who didnt spend the whole 90mins having a dig at Arsenal - they must have emphasised three or four times our missing first teamers and acknowledged how we where doing ok considering. Even when the Greeks got their goal their was no 360 degree u-turn. They debated Pat Rice role intelligently regarding defending - I found it really enjoyable to watch and as I said refreshing. I think it was Richard Brydon and Brian Little - it was no Sky Sports but it was enjoyable to watch a match without ****ing the commentators out of it for having a kick at Arsenal while your down.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
bojed said:
UNLEASH THE SANTOS!

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146081</a>

Damn I'm good.

mistaT

Established Member
bojed said:
bojed said:
UNLEASH THE SANTOS!

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146081</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Damn I'm good.

I like him already, dude looks like he can play. Not afraid, not going to constantly backpass, and has a nose for goal = get in!

Latest posts

Top Bottom