• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - Arsenal Vs Schalke - 24/10/12 19:45PM SS4

Vela

Established Member
UCL - Arsenal Vs Schalke - 24/10/12 19:45PM SS4

AW on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s injury...
"It was a kick on his hip. It is not long-term. But he will be out for Wednesday"

AW on players coming back…
"I don’t see anyone new being [back] for Wednesday night. The closest will be Gibbs but he will not be ready. Walcott will not be ready" [either].

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-were-well-below-par-today-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... par-today-</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

----------------Mannone
Jenkinson--Mertesacker--Verm--Santos
-----------Coquelin---Arteta
Ramsey-----------Santi------Podolski
-----------------Giroud

(Or start Gnabry and put Ramsey in midfield instead of Ramsey)

Bench - Shea, Kos (if back), Wilshere, Arshavin, Chamakh, Gnabry, Gervinho

(Wilshere is playing for the U21's on Monday so he might not be on the bench)

Schalke beat Dortmund today away 2-1.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Schalke will come at emirates with full of confidence after they beating their rivals dortmund and we come to game after shocking defeat at norwich.

Mannone

Jenko Per Verms Santos

Coq Arteta

Ramsey Santi Podolski

Gervinho

We should be careful with schalke they have good players like afellay farfan huntellar. i think we will concede a goal here but i hope we can win this game.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Hard to get up for this one, a solid convincing win would be just what the Doc ordered.

Mannone :)lol: :bash )

Jenkinson (<3)
Vermaelen
Mertesacker
Santos

Arteta
Ramsey
Cazorla ( :bounce )

Gervais ( :roll: )
Podolski ( :) )
Giroud

Bench: Martinez, Djourou, Coquelin, Wilshere ( :bounce ), Arshavin, Gnabry, Chamakh.

Going for a tight 2-1 win for our lads. We simply can't play any worse than we did weekend and we're excellent at home in the CL.

Podolski and Giroud. Huntelaar for them.

leo_ense

Established Member
Gonna be a really difficult game. I don't see Wilshere making the bench either because Wenger wants to play him against u21 on Monday. Our squad will be hopelessly thin for this game.

Vela

Established Member
It's a shame Diaby is injured it would have been interesting seeing a midfield of Arteta, Diaby and Ramsey with Santi out-wide on the right.

arsmile

Established Member
lets go mental

martinez
jenkinson-per-verm-santos
coq-arteta
cazorla
gnabry-gervinho-arshavin

GOONER1991

Established Member
We are looking shockingly thin now.

I would like to see a little bit more of Gnarby who impressed in his short cameo yesterday.

Finding it difficult to get up for this game.

MaestroCesc

Wish game was on Tuesday so we could put thaat shocking perforamnce behind us although as its on Wednesday i we lose then least we are closer to the next game.

Hardest opponent in our group but at home where we always do well in CL. Disappointed Ox is out as he would have started, Gervinho will start along with Girlud as Gnarbry is inexperienced. Dont expect any orher changes apart from maybe Coquelin coming in

thedon5

Gervinho up front with Giroud coming off the bench. Should let Podolski actually get into the game a lot more.

Also Coq deserves a try playing this game and the QPR game to try and get a string of matches together. Ramsey has looked good when coming off the bench this season, so let him do it again.

Otherwise the same team. I'd also prefer if Gnabry came off the bench ahead of Arshavin. Sub appearances for Jack, Bac and Diaby would be nice if possible.

dysphoria

Established Member
knowing us, we'll probably put the effort in but then shockingly concede through individual errors. Shalke are going to be hard to beat, i'd be happy with a point consider how rubbish we can be. Also, i hope gibbs gets back soon because santos is just so poor and as it was, we didn't see all of podolski because he was always providing cover for his LB, with santos, there is going to be even more pressure on podolski to compensate.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Not going to be able to watch this since I'm in Germany, but I'll go mental if we lose to them. We absolutely need to bounce back, as quickly as possible.

Illusion

Established Member
Nothing less than a clean sheet win will appease me after this weekend. Even that wouldn't correct the wrongs that we witnessed yesterday.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
I'd be tempted to try Podolski up front, since for the last month or so he doesn't seem to be getting involved enough on the left, but at the same time I think his work rate and defensive contribution makes it difficult to move him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Mannone
- Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Santos
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ramsey - - Arteta
- Gervinho - - - - - - - - - - Cazorla - - - - - - - -Gnabry
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Podolski

This lineup tempts me, but we'd need to be prepared to bring on Giroud early if it doesn't seem to be working. I think Gnabry deserves a chance too, our wingers aren't exactly playing well at the moment and he is talented and eager despite only being 17. Look at Sterling, he's the same age as Gnabry but he was given a chance and he took it, he's already one of Liverpool's most dangerous players and a nailed on starter. If you're good enough, you're old enough and in my opinion Gnabry is good enough to at least get a chance when Gervinho and Podolski are playing so poorly.

I doubt we'll see this though because Wenger will see it as too much of a risk, which it is, but sometimes taking a few risks pays off.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Not up for this at all. I want the next PL game to be NOW so we can exact revenge after that shambles last night.

**** the CL, we'll never win it.

leo_ense

Established Member
-----------------------Mannone----------------------
Jenkinson-Mertesacker-Vermaelen-Santos-
--------------------Arteta--Coquelin----------------
-Gnabry--------------Cazorla-----------Podolski-
--------------------------Giroud-----------------------

Bench: Martinez, (Koscielny if fit) Djourou, Arshavin, Gervinho, Ramsey, Wilshere (if he's part of squad), Chamakh.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Quicker than Walcott said:
Not up for this at all. I want the next PL game to be NOW so we can exact revenge after that shambles last night.

**** the CL, we'll never win it.

Chelsea last year? We were better than them and those f***ers won it! Never say never. You have to be there to take advantage of any fortune that comes your way.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yeah, I'll be up for it come Wednesday no doubt.

To be honest though, I've not been a fan of this CL format since it began about 10 (?) years ago. It allows too many ****ty teams to progress really far, and winners can be teams that are ****e domestically (like Chelsea last season). Yeah, "Champions" League.

ArsenalDNA

leo_ense said:
-----------------------Mannone----------------------
Jenkinson-Mertesacker-Vermaelen-Santos-
--------------------Arteta--Coquelin----------------
-Gnabry--------------Cazorla-----------Podolski-
--------------------------Giroud-----------------------

Bench: Martinez, (Koscielny if fit) Djourou, Arshavin, Gervinho, Ramsey, Wilshere (if he's part of squad), Chamakh.

Pretty much the team i would go with.

Just fck Mannone off and I'd be happy. I'd rather Szczesny in a moon boot than that hack.

Top Bottom