• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - Arsenal vs Shakhtar Donetsk - Tue 19th Oct 7:45pm| SS2

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Braga go 2-0 up gives them a chance of qualifying still.
Edu shows why he should have started, he is the most composed finisher on either team when he's on form but it wouldn't have changed the way Shakhtar played.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Good game, plenty of positives to be taken for the City game. Delighted for Eddy too, great way to say goodbye with a vintage Eduardo-goal.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
FT 5-1

A goal for Dudu, five for us and some momentum before the next difficult match.
Now, please no new injuries, and it's been a good week for us.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great game for us, the players had fun, we weren't stretched and everybody should be in a good frame of mind for Man City.

Anzac

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
We should put Eboue's and Clichy's goal efforts on DVD, for our striker's education how you should not shoot on goal.

I know I'm a grumpy old bugger, but this sort of thing gives me the ****s about games like this. Yes we're winning comfortably but we haven't played well & IMO we should be looking to 'get it right' as opposed to playing so open & players doing their own thing.

On that last attack Song was in the CF position on the edge of the 6 yard area, and the closest player to him was another of our CMs, and our FBs think they can attack the area & shoot FFS. Reminds me of the old basketball cliche - 'Everyone wants to be like Mike'.

cloista

It was like an exhibition match at times, Wilshere's goal was the pick of the bunch, though Eduardo's came close. Chamakh's little look up to the linesman was hilarious.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Anzac said:
I know I'm a grumpy old bugger, but this sort of thing gives me the ***** about games like this. Yes we're winning comfortably but we haven't played well & IMO we should be looking to 'get it right' as opposed to playing so open & players doing their own thing.

On that last attack Song was in the CF position on the edge of the 6 yard area, and the closest player to him was another of our CMs, and our FBs think they can attack the area & shoot FFS. Reminds me of the old basketball cliche - 'Everyone wants to be like Mike'.

I don't like it either.
It's pointless, and it doesn't matter whether we're 5-0 up or 1-0.
There's a reason why both of them have rarely scored from their usuall positions (Eboue as RB in that regard, I only remember one goal when he was playing n this position which was against Hamburg in 2006), and they've had enough time to figure that weakness out.

giuliob

Basically a sleepfest=first half. A gifted GK goal and generally Arsenal playing at half tempo, not expending energy.

The Jack goal was worth waiting for. Chamakh to Roziky to Jack. A beauty.

Congrats to Eduardo.
Curious to see Shaktar at home. If the hype is true, they were a shadow of their reputation.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Anzac said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
We should put Eboue's and Clichy's goal efforts on DVD, for our striker's education how you should not shoot on goal.

I know I'm a grumpy old bugger, but this sort of thing gives me the ***** about games like this. Yes we're winning comfortably but we haven't played well & IMO we should be looking to 'get it right' as opposed to playing so open & players doing their own thing.

spot on, its frustrating

great win though

morpho

Established Member
what a wonderful game of football! The emirates singing Eduardos name after the scoring brought tears in my eye

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Some people need to shut up and enjoy a good game every now and then. It was a great night and an even better result when you consider how many injuries we've had to cope with. If you can't find something to be proud of in a performance like this then there's no hope for you.

mo50

Established Member
Anzac, when was the last time you enjoyed a victory?

Forget the pseudo-analysis stuff and enjoy a comfortable bashing for once.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
There is light said:
Kroket said:
In other news a sub who was stretching has just been sent off at the Ajax-Auxerre game :lol:

Please elaborate. :lol:

Some Ajax player was wasting time which the Auxerre sub was complaining about to the referee. Ref wasn't impressed and booked him. He had to ask the Auxerre player to take off his training shirt so he could write down the number on his back. Player refused to do so, instead he got angry and the ref decided to give him a second yellow. It was madness especially as Auxerre already had a player sent off for a Maradona 86-esque hand ball.

Latest posts

Top Bottom