• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Basel v Arsenal | Tuesday 6th December 19:45 | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I have, but even if I didn't. Its Bayern. They have almost as much top players on the bench as we have on the pitch. Just because it isn't going for them now, doesn't mean it won't in February, when the actual games are played. I'd rather not risk it.
They're a safer bet than Real, Dortmund or Juventus. It's not all about the players but the style of play. We can get at Bayern, imo, far easier than a team like Dortmund.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They're a safer bet than Real, Dortmund or Juventus. It's not all about the players but the style of play. We can get at Bayern, imo, far easier than a team like Dortmund.
What exactly has happened to them? On paper they'll walk all over us.

Uncle Good-Advice

That was one of those matches when you can't do nothing but admire our players and manager. I'm not convinced that we are good enough for top honours but at least I expect good entertainment which was scarce lately. I like the buzz on the forum right now, it looks like we all needed such performance.

Top spot in the group doesn't matter in terms of the opposition quality after Real's draw but I think it may instill further confidence which can only be a good thing. Just as the end of "November curse" which was blown out of proportion to the point that even the players seemed to believe it (they were talking about this curse in interviews). It must have been some kind of mental block - how can anyone explain such stark contrast between our performances in such short time?

I'm not concerned about mistakes or dip in form from our young lads. It's natural learning curve for likes of Iwobi and Holding. I'm sure they'll come good. Happy for Gabriel, I can only hope that playing regularly (even at RB) will help him to come out of his shell and show quality.

Orcs at home is usually a routine win, let's hope we smash them as always and head north full of confidence!

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not a mathematician by any stretch, but this is how I make the draw odds:

119ytc1.png

So if I'm right that means:

Bayern Munich - 21%
Bayer Leverkeusen - 21%
Real Madrid - 20%
Sevilla - 20%
Porto - 9%
Benifica - 9%

:confused:

Let's see, UEFA needs a match gathers viewers in televised BIG match in round 16
so... lets put that into equation

teams that gather neutral viewers : Manchester City, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, PSG, Juventus, Munchen, Dortmund, Napoli
teams that doesn't gather neutral viewers : Leverkusen, Porto, Sevilla, Benfica, Leicester, Monaco
we can't match up with PSG and City, meanwhile Arsenal vs Dortmund or Napoli is not a big match in neutral viewers so expect that also in low percentage (Arsenal, Dortmund and Napoli are much better as underdogs in betting hall)

Barcelona / Real (only one of them) probably get one of these guys Leverkusen, Porto, Sevilla, Benfica, Leicester, Monaco

So yeah, most likely Bayern Munchen/Barcelona/Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom