• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Marseille vs Arsenal | Wed 19/10/11 @ 19:45 ITV1

fabo

6.51 / 10
Tricky away game here, we really need a point at least after Marseille won their first 2 games. A win would put them in a great position to top the group.

Santos to start, and I think it might be time to put Theo on the bench, maybe start Arshavin in his place.

I'll say 1-1.

Vela

Established Member
Wouldn't mind seeing a couple of changes to the team, I agree Santos to start. Would people start Jenkinson? Wonder if Coquelin will feature?

arsenallegends

Established Member
How the hell have Marseille got 9 points from 10 games?
I agree about Theo. Starting him in Europe where the defense sits back and invites you, he'll be waste of space.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Expect Ramsey to be back in the team, Roiscky doesn't have the legs to play twice a week. Theo should be dropped.

I'm afraid RvP might start from the bench, think he's played a lot lately.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
arsenallegends said:
How the hell have Marseille got 9 points from 10 games?
I agree about Theo. Starting him in Europe where the defense sits back and invites you, he'll be waste of space.

I don't think Marseille will be sitting back at the Stade Velodrome. Theo is infuriating but he can be a match winner. Still he has too many games where he is non existent. Arshavin looked sharp today but not sure if he's a starter in Marseille.

I'd settle for a 1-1. Take a point from this very tough fixture and we are in good shape.

redanddread

kalleTheMan said:
Expect Ramsey to be back in the team, Roiscky doesn't have the legs to play twice a week. Theo should be dropped.

I'm afraid RvP might start from the bench, think he's played a lot lately.

I'm afraid that anybody is even thinking about starting RVP on the bench!

RVP will start for sure.

redanddread

kalleTheMan said:
Yeah I hope he'll start, but he's going to need a breather soon. If he breaks down it's a disaster.

He'll get a breather against Bolton in the CC

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
A draw would be a good result, but I'm confident we can win that as well.
To achieve that, a solid defensive performance like we've had in Dortmund combined with taking our chances is needed.

We have that in us.

alboots101

Established Member
Yep, I`d take a point.

Not sure I`d call the game against Dortmund a solid defensive performance though.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Compared to what we've witnessed in recent months it was a solid one I thought.

They needed a fluke to get a point in the end.

Bossa

Established Member
Szscesny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Koscielny Santos
Arteta Song Ramsey(?)
Walcott RVP Gervinho

I think that Benayoun, Rosicky, Arshavin and Ox could also push for a start.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think we should start Arshavin have a feeling he will have a big game .

dreamLord

Established Member
Santos, Rosicky and Arshavin all deserve starts, and should be fresh too. Not sure about Rosicky's fitness levels - he ran a lot on Sunday. Ramsey's injured (right?) so Benayoun would work.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
I'd go with:

Szczesny
Koscielny Mertesacker Djourou Santos
Arteta Song Rosicky
Gervinho RvP Arshavin

But Jenkinson will start and I think Theo will too. Ramsey might replace Rosicky if he's fit.

Top Bottom