• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL |Olympiacos v Arsenal| Wed 9/12/09|19:45| ITV1(finally)

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Our last CL group game of this season is up next, and as we already have qualification secured, this is another opportunity to see some of the kids since the game against ManC.

For the first time this season ITV1 are showing an Arsenal CL game (too bad it's a dead rubber :roll: ) it will still be nice to see the young guns again.

We have Liverpool soon after, so we have the luxury to have an eye on that game, too.

Proof

Established Member
- Almunia -
- Eboue - Silvestre - Vermaelen - Traore -
- Ramsey - Song - Fabregas -
- Nasri - Arshavin - Vela -

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
With out current injury problems, I would play a weaker side then that proof.

I would go with:

--------------Fabianski

Sagna--Song--Senderos--Silvestre

----Ramsey--Denilson--Diaby

-----Wilshere---Vela---Walcott

sabret00the

Established Member
I like Gurjit's line-up, but would play Song in midfield with Senderos and TV in the back-line. Traore clearly needs more game time to get his **** together so he would be in. Ramsey, Song and Denilson is a solid midfield axis. And as long as Wilshere and Vela start up front I'm happy. But that's up front, not in the middle.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
I'd go for something like:

--------------Almunia

Eboue - Silvestre - Vermaelen - Traore

----Ramsey - Denilson - Cesc

----Wilshere - Vela - Nasri

fabo

6.51 / 10
I would play Coquelin, Ramsey, Merida in midfield and definitely Wilshere and Vela in two of the forward positions.

No need for any important players to play this one with 2 PL away games coming afterwards.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
I remember Arsène saying Traore 'should be alright', or something like that. If he's not fit, then I guess Silvestre will have to do.

Proof

Established Member
I thought that Senderos and Walcott will be out for the game. I would also like to see more of a Carling Cup team, but I highly doubt it.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:

--------------Almunia

Since Almunia appears set to continue as #1 I'd play Fabianski in goal for the sake of getting another look at him, and I'd leave Vermaelen and Cesc out as we can ill afford any form of injury to either of those two. Play Senderos and Rosicky instead, leaves us at risk but this match is the least important of the season.

Del Boy

Established Member
He said something last week that a League Cup team will be playing. If he plays Arshavin and Fabregas in this after refusing to even have them on the bench last week vs City then then he is just taking the piss.

I would go for:

-------------Fabianski

Gilbert---Senderos---Silvestre---Traore

---Ramsey---Coquelin/Eastmond----Randall

-----Wilshere---Walcott---Merida

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Burnwinter said:
Ron Burgundy said:

--------------Almunia

Since Almunia appears set to continue as #1 I'd play Fabianski in goal for the sake of getting another look at him, and I'd leave Vermaelen and Cesc out as we can ill afford any form of injury to either of those two. Play Senderos and Rosicky instead, leaves us at risk but this match is the least important of the season.
Fair enough, but my thinking was that Senderos doesn't seem to even enter Arsène's mind at the moment (unless he actually was injured for the Manchester City game) and Tomas is out for a while. But I agree we can't afford injuries to Cesc or Vermaelen... maybe Merida for midfield, and Song at centre back? Hard to predict this line-up.

Proof

Established Member
Burnwinter said:
Proof said:
I thought that Senderos and Walcott will be out for the game.
Is Senderos injured or just sulking / unwanted then?
Well, I'm assuming that he is out injured, by not featuring in the Carling Cup match.

Gurgen

Established Member
Fabianski
Eboue Phil/Bartley Silvestre Traore
Eastmond/Coquelin
Ramsey Merida
Theo Vela Wilshere

progman07

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Fabianski
Eboue Phil/Bartley Silvestre Traore
Eastmond/Coquelin
Ramsey Merida
Theo Vela Wilshere
Exactly what we should go with. We need to rest all the fit first teamers (if we have any left...).

Burnwinter

Established Member
If Senderos is just on the outer I still wouldn't understand Wenger's reluctance to play him in such a meaningless match. Ideal window to display his qualities and all that. Feel a bit sorry for Phil. He probably is injured though.

Rosicky out yes - I keep sodding forgetting how many of our squad are injured now. It's ridiculous. I suppose I'd agree that Merida would be a sane choice, although Ramsey / Denilson / Merida sounds like an inconsistent sieve of a midfield trio.

Song's another I just can't see the value of playing.

Top Bottom