• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - Olympiacos Vs Arsenal |6 Dec 2011@1945

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Kain said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
Well, I'm just glad I'm not going to have to respond to any sort of claims from BVB Fans when it comes to Wenger's selection.

Hoenstly any BVB fan that saw us starting with Arshavin and Chamakh upfront should of known what was comming, it's like having 9 players.

Needs to be fixed in January, hope Kronke watches this game in the States, seriosuly i'll send him the DVD, i'll email him a gif of the Mannone howler or twitter him how that spastic Chamakh missing an easy opening goal at 0-0.

Don't ignore these squad weaknesses, get it sorted out or we'll undo all our good work from the last two months.

I said that we started the game with 3 men short, in reference to Arshavin, Chamakh and Benayoun. Needless to say, that there was another two that somehow managed to fly under radar, Mannone and Squillaci

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Benayoun was a bit better in the 2nd half. Still, not good enough. Why do we still have a bunch of skanky players?

fabo

6.51 / 10
outlaw_member said:
fabo said:
Wenger mustn't think Park can lead the line, that whole situation is baffling. Waste of a squad space.

I agree, that's what I also think. I think he's only tested him alone once, and has been partnered on every other occasion.

I wouldn't think too much of his play with his back to goal, from my limited viewings of Park that is. Looks like a player who offers the movement of a forward and inconsistent finishing. I thought he might be able to offer an alternative out wide but it seems not. Pointless signing.

Chamakh is just a lump at this point.

The lack of quality in attack will eventually cost us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
arsmile said:
It is just a shame that these matches have ceased being on opportunity to give a dozen youngsters a match, and is just an obligatory exhibition of our inadequate wage-eating sub-mediocre back-up.

That's the worst part of it. It really is. We used to learn a thing or two from games like these, now we're just keeping fodder happy until they **** off.

phaedrus

I was actually a bit disappointed with the Ox. He really needs to learn when to pass and that he can't dribble through their entire team every time he gets the ball.

Illusion

Established Member
Park deserves a chance, Chamakh just isn't cutting it at all. Chamakh is going the way of Almunia, getting in the way of players that still have something to prove and Wenger just can't seem to let him take a step back.

Whole team were useless tonight. Chamberlain was alright and Vermaelen wasn't too bad, but even he couldn't stop defensive calamity after defensive disaster.

How some of these 'experienced' players are still at the club is beyond me. What Wenger see's in them as backups I do not know. If we get any kind of injury to RvP, Song, Vermaelen, Koscielny or Szczesny, we're in serious trouble.

Just a bunch of mediocre wage leeches. They're sucking out a ton of money, they don't even put in any effort let alone actually perform. None of them can be sold because they're all on such high wages and clubs can see how crap they are. It's a systemic problem that doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon.

Pub teams have more coordinated defences and make less moronic passes around their own box than our team did tonight.

Olympiakos absolutely deserved the win and worked very hard for it, unlucky for them to not be progressing, but at least they assured themselves of a Europa league spot.

VancouverCanuck

phaedrus said:
I was actually a bit disappointed with the Ox. He really needs to learn when to pass and that he can't dribble through their entire team every time he gets the ball.
I thought I was the only one who thought that way. At times, he was trying to do it all by himself, which is a good thing in a way because it shows you he is not overwhelmed by the occasion. But it also demonstrates he is still inexperienced and cannot be dependent on in the 1st team just yet.

outlaw_member

Established Member
It's such a shame that the last act was never quite fulfilled. Mannone aimlessly sprung off his line just as Squillaci was waiting motionlessly at the bouncing ball, only for a Olympiakos player to pop out and head it just wide. Now that would have been the icing on the cake. Seriously though, I've never laughed so often during an Arsenal game before, and no doubt it was because we had already topped the group. Otherwise...

Kain

Established Member
VancouverCanuck said:
phaedrus said:
I thought I was the only one who thought that way. At times, he was trying to do it all by himself, which is a good thing in a way because it shows you he is not overwhelmed by the occasion. But it also demonstrates he is still inexperienced and cannot be dependent on in the 1st team just yet.

Yea Oxlade what were you thinking, you should have been passing to Arshavin & Chamakh who's fluid movement across the middle and final third, Bergkamp-esque first touch, and never say die attitude to football would of surely won us the game.

... and then I woke up and remembered Oxlade was playing with two tw@ts. I wouldn't of passed them the ball either.

ArsenalDNA

Fabianski 4 - Rushed up too fast on their first goal. **** clearances that put us under pressure quite a bit

Djourou 2 - did he make a pass the whole game?
Squillaci 2 - Everytime he was near the ball they looked like scoring
Vermaelen 6 - can't remember him actually doing anything wrong. oh no, had one iffy back pass to fabianski.
Santos 4 - probably would have been lower if he had been on the field longer.

Frimpong 5 - at least he was showing some fight
Coquelin 5 - probably his worst game for us, but i still couldn't believe that he was taken off instead of chamakh or arshavin
Benayoun 5.5 (+1 for the goal) - not involved in much, good finish though

AOC 5.5 - like coquelin probably his worst game for us. but considering he got fck all ball and was the only one that would try anything. what would have been the point in him passing it back to djourou or forward to chamakh.
Chamakh 2 (+1 for the assist) - useless player. gets dominated every time he tries to do anything really. every ****n header from a goal kick he miraculously manages to get a head to goes no where near any of our players.
Arshavin 1 - worse than useless. we are lucky he doesn't play in a position where if he makes a mistake we are likely to concede. i would rather play with 9 than with him and chamakh. at least that way we wouldn't consider passing it to those two gimps.

Miquel 5.5 - did well..ish.
Mannone 1 - ...i just...i can't...wtf was he doing? a 23 year old almunia.
Rosicky 6 - got into good positions, which is a **** load more than any of our other players did. put a good ball through for arshavin that we should have scored from had arshavin not been 5'7" of ****.

jay-d

Established Member
The only thing we can take from this game is that Chamakh and Arshavin MUST be sold in January. Two players who are not good enough to play for Arsenal.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

on injuries to Lukasz Fabianski and Andre Santos...
Fabianski felt a deep cut on the knee and Santos suffered a bad ankle injury. He looks like he will be out for a while. We have Gibbs coming back in two to three weeks. Hopefully Santos will not be too long but, for Saturday against Everton, he looks to be short. We have as well Vermaelen who can play in his position.

outlaw_member

Established Member
fabo said:
outlaw_member said:
fabo said:
Wenger mustn't think Park can lead the line, that whole situation is baffling. Waste of a squad space.

I agree, that's what I also think. I think he's only tested him alone once, and has been partnered on every other occasion.

I wouldn't think too much of his play with his back to goal, from my limited viewings of Park that is. Looks like a player who offers the movement of a forward and inconsistent finishing. I thought he might be able to offer an alternative out wide but it seems not. Pointless signing.

Chamakh is just a lump at this point.

The lack of quality in attack will eventually cost us.

Wenger's reluctance to use Park on the flanks is utterly baffling, firstly because he's never been one to shy away from deploying CF's in a wide position, and ****ing Park spent entire seasons with Monaco out wide. The only logical conclusions are that he's not ready, which would be stupid as he's already 26 years old and should be starting pointless games like these, or that he's pretty ****. The latter could be as great a truism as any that has ever been uttered, but he would still serve as an upgrade over the lump that is Chamakh-non-attack.

gstew

I forgot to mention earlier how disappointed I was in Chamakh when he dove in the area. I hate cheating, regardless, but it is even worse when you are playing for nothing and the other team is fighting for their lives. Imagine if a dive cost a team in a place in the next round.

brino14

Can someone please explain to me why Santos and Vermaelen even made the trip? What is Wenger thinking playing our only fit senior left back in the most useless of useless games? Mind-boggling mismanagement. Just as we're getting into good league form, our only LB, someone who's become quite integral in our attack as well, is out for who knows how long for no good reason. Really pissed off.

error_prone

why do poeple come here and blame frimpong or coqueline for something? boys can have and will have some bad games, but at least they fight unlike some others, and with the atacking options we had today, i dont know many midfielders who would do a better job.
I'm not a fan of Wenger for the last few years and i will not criticize him here because this is not his thread, but he's acting like this is his club and he is smiling in our faces by playing those ... I wont use bad words on forum for arshavin, chamack, squid and few others that didn't play today. I used to enjoy every arsenal game before but today there are only furstrations because of some useless russians or marocans and hopes that van persie stays fit

RUS arsenal

Established Member
For those who were wondering why Coquelin was taken off, I bet it was a precautionary measure since he got a knock earlier in the game.

ebouenolike

Established Member
His name is COQUELIN, it's not the first time you've spelled it 'coqueline'. Ditto CHAMAKH.

Arshavin, Chamakh, Djourou and Squillaci need to leave the club as soon as possible. Total embarrassment. I've been annoyed with them for over a year now and this just added to that - gutless AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom