• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Partizan Belgrade vs Arsenal, 28/09/10, SS4, 19:45

Timleaf

Established Member
I dont know what it is about Gibbs, he just looks better and more solid than Clichy somehow. I think it's because he's a more natural footballer.

Zico

Established Member
It's possibly also because Gibbs has not had as many opportunities to make mistakes. Let's see him a few more times. I'm frustrated by Clichy, but we should not assume that Gibbs will be an improvement. Wenger sees something in training that keeps Clichy ahead of Gibbs, just as Fabianski stays ahead of Szcnzcncnz.

ricky1985

Established Member
Timleaf said:
I dont know what it is about Gibbs, he just looks better and more solid than Clichy somehow. I think it's because he's a more natural footballer.
I think you can extend the term natural footballer to mean he simply understands the game better. In the same way Jack Wilshere, despite his relative inexperience, seems to take up better positions and make better decisions than Alex Song or Abou Diaby.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Gonner_88 said:
progman07 said:
xcdude24 said:
Today also demonstrated how much assured Gibbs looks than Clichy.
The same performance from Clichy and people would be focusing on the penalty incident and blame him for that, without caring too much about anything good he did. But this is Gibbs, people don't want to notice his mistakes.

Exactly. Clichy would've been slaughtered for that penalty mistake.
Sure would. Gibbs has probably been at the end of more defensive mistakes this season than Clichy despite playing significantly less. It's what you'd expect from such a young player though. On the plus side his attitude and his drive is fantastic. Just like Tim I think he's a more natural footballer. It doesn't mean he should currently start though.

squallkid

Established Member
I've just seen the match.

I'm like a decade late I know but three things.

Why do we keep missing so many chances? We need to bury our chances on Sunday to have any chance of victory

We must improve our penalties

Fabianski was so pumped from the penalty save. It was like a "YES DADDY, I DID IT!" reaction

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
From Arseblog:

Cleo, a very manly looking Brazilian woman, had scored his first penalty of the night in the first half but this time Lukasz Fabianski had the measure of him, dived to his right and made an excellent save.

:lol:

Y va marquer

Established Member
We were lucky that Cleo the manly looking Brazilian woman left her shooting boots at home.
She missed quite a few chances last night.

Freagle

Asa I have been meaning to ask you for a very long time. Who the hell is in your avatar? For some odd reason, I always presume that's Pires with a guitar lol.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
erm, its "The Crow" Freagle.. you've never seen the movie I guess?

(Brandon Lee)

Larger Version:

brandon-lee-the-crow-photograph-c10104024.jpeg

TomasCR

Established Member
It's supposed to be a good movie from what I've read, think i'll give it a try. Could we have a movie thread now huh?!

outlaw_member

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Sure would. Gibbs has probably been at the end of more defensive mistakes this season than Clichy despite playing significantly less. It's what you'd expect from such a young player though. On the plus side his attitude and his drive is fantastic. Just like Tim I think he's a more natural footballer. It doesn't mean he should currently start though.

Agreed. Gibbs is smarter than Clichy, but he's still not ready. Defensively, he's worse and his offensive ability is only decent. Which is better than Clichy's atrocious offensive play, but not enough to forgo Gibbs's defensive frailties.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Klaus Daimler said:

Agreed. Gibbs is smarter than Clichy, but he's still not ready. Defensively, he's worse and his offensive ability is only decent. Which is better than Clichy's atrocious offensive play, but not enough to forgo Gibbs's defensive frailties.

Gibbs' mistakes have more to do with poor or "over-aggressive" positioning rather than just being poor at tackling and letting a man go past him.

Clichy, on the other hand, finds the going tough against any winger who is fast, can dribble with both feet and is looking to take him on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom