• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | PSG v Arsenal | 13th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slide

image.jpg

And so another year of champions league football commences. I don't believe anyone was fully convinced by today's performance but I hope the confidence of a late win will carry through into a game against a strong opponent. PSG themselves have had a somewhat indifferent start to the season, so it could be an open and even game.

================Cech=================
==Bellerin==Mustafi==Koscielny==Monreal==
============Xhaka=Cazorla============
====Walcott======Özil======Alexis=====
================Giroud==============

Ospina, Holding, Lucas, Coquelin, Elneny, Chamberlain, Iwobi

Aevi

Hale End FC
I don't agree with the lineup, Iwobi and Elneny will definitely be starting.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I've never seen Thiago Silva have a poor defensive performance, he may be deserving of the reputation he has. Will be interesting to see how he does against us.

I've always wanted to play these lot, apparently they're not doing too well.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Thiago Silva has been injured, though, not sure he'll be ready for this game.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I've never seen Thiago Silva have a poor defensive performance, he may be deserving of the reputation he has. Will be interesting to see how he does against us.

Thiago Silva absolutely back pocketed Van Judas when he played for Milan, I knew from then he was the real deal.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Thiago Silva absolutely back pocketed Van Judas when he played for Milan, I knew from then he was the real deal.
It's quite cool to call players you have limited knowledge of overrated on here.:lol:

I won't talk too much in case he has a stinker against us and I'm not as good a judge of defenders as I am with forwards and midfielders but I don't think I've seen a better defender than him in the last few years tbh.

Thiago Silva has been injured, though, not sure he'll be ready for this game.
ffs...good for us though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea showed him up a couple of years back defensively. He did score the away goal that sent them through though tbf.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It's quite cool to call players you have limited knowledge of overrated on here.:lol:

I won't talk too much in case he has a stinker against us and I'm not as good a judge of defenders as I am with forwards and midfielders but I don't think I've seen a better defender than him in the last few years tbh.

ffs...good for us though.
Good that he's injured. I'm not a good judge of defenders, but I think Zouma will take his throne of best defender in a few years. He was really impressive for Chelsea before that horrible injury. I am still really sad that we missed out on him, everybody knew about him when he came through at Saint etienne.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Good that he's injured. I'm not a good judge of defenders, but I think Zouma will take his throne of best defender in a few years. He was really impressive for Chelsea before that horrible injury. I am still really sad that we missed out on him, everybody knew about him when he came through at Saint etienne.
Zouma made a lot of sense for us but we chose Chambers. Same price as well I think.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Looking forward to this game, have wanted to play PSG for years now. We've probably got them at a good time, lost some big players and new manager. We should be winning this game and getting off to a good start, but it will be far from easy.

Obviously they've got some very good players in the squad [some of which are flat-track bullies, I might add], so they will be dangerous. Confident in our defensive set up though. I think our game relies on the CM partnership that Wenger puts out there.

Personally, I'd go with:

------------------Cech

Bellerin - Mustafi - Koscielny - Monreal

-----------Coquelin - Xhaka

Iwobi ------------- Özil ----------- Alexis

--------------------Lucas

Lucas makes sure that we maintain that pace and threat in behind, with Walcott out of the team, while Alexis and Iwobi can score and create. As much as Walcott and Chamberlain have put more effort in, they simply lack the quality on the ball that we need right now. Coquelin/Xhaka over Cazorla is contentious, but this is how I would set up in big away games. Coquelin lacks quality, but he gets his foot in and drives us forward. Back 5 pick themselves.

slide

Maxwell, Kurzawa and Thiago Silva are all out for this game. PSG will likely be fielding that young lad Kimpembe with Marquinhos at CB. Don't know about the LB spot.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Zouma made a lot of sense for us but we chose Chambers. Same price as well I think.
I think Chelsea bought him a transfer window earlier and loaned him back for the rest of the season. He was 12M. We were having a centre back crisis back then too. Sighhhh.

blaze_of_glory

Lucas up top makes sense since we will likely be pushed back by PSG. Xhaka and either Elneny or Santi in midfield (probably Santi). Alexis and Iwobi on the wings.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Can't see Perez starting again. Giroud in.

I'll worry if we go with Xhaka/Cazorla/Özil - surely Wenger wouldn't do it in a tough game like this.

Can see a score draw.

blaze_of_glory

I'll worry if we go with Xhaka/Cazorla/Özil - surely Wenger wouldn't do it in a tough game like this.

Can see a score draw.
Think you're probably right, tbh. Lucas would help us counter, but does seem likely that Giroud will start knowing Wenger. Could see Elneny come in for Santi just to add some more defensive stability.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Can see a score draw.

If he does that, he'll destroy Perez's confidence and render him useless. He should start him in a 442 with Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom