• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | PSG v Arsenal | 13th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Who remembers Ian Wright's goal away to Auxerre.

Unbelievably good.
Yeah, Adams hooved it up field and two defenders went for the same ball and got in each other's way. Wrighty pounced and struck it into the top corner.:lol::lol::lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can we make the top four (yes that's all) while playing like this?

We seem to get worse every season and I'm just hoping this is a very slow start.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Those Cup Winners Cup runs were immense - far more enjoyable than the pointless group stages of the CL for me. A naive kid before being eaten up by this cynical world.........:lol:

Still remember exactly what was happening in my house when Smudger scored against Parma in the final down to what was on the TV beforehand. So vivid. And remember being brought almost to tears in school the following year after Nayim.........:rolleyes:....after the Sampdoria classic aswell FFS, ridiculous.

fabo

6.51 / 10
'Nayim from the halfway line,
Seaman was caught off his line'

Repeat x10

:lol::lol:

Then United lost to Everton in the Cup final soon after and my response was...

'Rideout from in the box'

Didn't get much further.....:lol:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
When we're all over teams and miss our chances and they come back and draw or even win (like the 2-1 Swansea game last season) on AM we're deemed to be sh*t and they out played us.

When a team is all over us, like PSG, and miss their chances, and we come back and draw or win - on AM we're deemed to be sh*t and they out played us.

If we're talking asinine arguments . . . . there's a couple for you.
We're ****!!!!!!!!!! No three ways about it bro - no matter what we're ****!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

No....it is not baffling not to start Cech and to start Ospina. Actually, this decision was vindicated.
It is simple, as mentioned in a different thread, if we want to have 2 top level quality GK's in the squad, the back up has to play some games, hence Ospina is starting the CL and likely some local Cup matches.
That is the only way to have a top back up keeper to stick around otherwise we will be stuck with a joker like Chez or a unproven like Martinez.
For the same reason that Areola started today not Trapp for PSG or Bravo was rotating at Barca with Ter Stegen.
There are 4 more CL games against inferior opponents that Ospina could have played in. Plus we're trying to bed Mustafi in and develop his partnership with Kos. Having a different GK in his second match who organizes differently is hardly helpful to that development. I'm not saying there isn't a time and place to play Ospina, there is. I just don't believe it's against the best team in the group while we're trying to get continuity with our CBs.

carlito'sway

Established Member
There are 4 more CL games against inferior opponents that Ospina could have played in. Plus we're trying to bed Mustafi in and develop his partnership with Kos. Having a different GK in his second match who organizes differently is hardly helpful to that development. I'm not saying there isn't a time and place to play Ospina, there is. I just don't believe it's against the best team in the group while we're trying to get continuity with our CBs.

Moot point since the decision has been largely vindicated.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Moot point since the decision has been largely vindicated.
The point is hardly moot as I never stated that Ospina played poorly. My larger point was about Mustafi's development which is considerably more important to this club than Ospina's feelings.

Salieri

Last season Chelsea couldn't hold on to Cech and Courtois because Mourinho did what you just said. So Cech left and came to us, Courtois was injured, and Chelsea shipped goals like a sieve.

Playing Ospina was not only good for the club, but good for him and gave us a much needed draw. He is a very good keeper.

Whatever Wenger does, every Tom, **** and Harry who plays FIFA knows better. But the thing is . . . they don't.

First of all. Do not presume that you know anything about my life because you don't. And I have never played FIFA on psOne let alone now that I'm approaching my 40s. Only have time for real footie and watching the Arsenal.

Secondly. This is a Arsenal forums. The whole point of us posting here is to comment on games. Including team selection and tactics. If you don't like that go and create a Whatsapp group with you and Geoff in it fgs!

Ospina starting might look like the right move on Wenger's part. But it also gives other players ideas. We needed Ospina because Arsène wanted his precious boy Wojciech to go on loan. Now every player we need will threaten to leave if he doesn't get what he wants. And I mean every player, not only star players. Club comes first. And Ospina should consider himself lucky tbh that we signed him. If you see it differently then that's your opinion. I won't call you a **** or a Jane because I disagree with it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

First of all. Do not presume that you know anything about my life because you don't. And I have never played FIFA on psOne let alone now that I'm approaching my 40s. Only have time for real footie and watching the Arsenal.

Secondly. This is a Arsenal forums. The whole point of us posting here is to comment on games. Including team selection and tactics. If you don't like that go and create a Whatsapp group with you and Geoff in it fgs!

Ospina starting might look like the right move on Wenger's part. But it also gives other players ideas. We needed Ospina because Arsène wanted his precious boy Wojciech to go on loan. Now every player we need will threaten to leave if he doesn't get what he wants. And I mean every player, not only star players. Club comes first. And Ospina should consider himself lucky tbh that we signed him. If you see it differently then that's your opinion. I won't call you a **** or a Jane because I disagree with it.
:lol::lol::lol: 'Every Tom **** and Harry' is a generalisation. Lighten up my friend, I don't wish to know anything about you.

If you watched the Copa America, Ospina was arguably the best keeper there and we are glad to have him. Wenger made the right call playing him. He was again outstanding and kept us in the game.

You could be magnaniimous and give praise where it's due, instead of talking down the player and making up theories about Wenger and Szczeny. As you rightly said, this is an Arsenal Supporters Forum.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Those Neanderthals Rabiot and Kryszchtowiacxzhk were hitting us with clumsy, heavy challenges all night without any disciplinary action. How do teams continue to get away with this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom