• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | PSG v Arsenal | 13th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cavani gets a 4 ? Mustafi gets a 2, Ox,Bellerin and Monreal 3? ..... I think if Giroud/Sanchez/Theo missed as much as him we would open the huge SELL HIM banner.

N

NotAUserName

Mustafi was particularly at fault.
Not really. If he had instantly followed Cavani, he would have left Rabiot in acres of space considering Cazorla was never going to catch up with Rabiot.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The point is hardly moot as I never stated that Ospina played poorly. My larger point was about Mustafi's development which is considerably more important to this club than Ospina's feelings.

Your "partnership" point was irrelevant since Cech and Mustafi only played one game together. In addition, Ospina had an agreement already with Wenger (and Cech) that he would play in CL and that way before Mustafi arrival.

carlito'sway

Established Member
First of all. Do not presume that you know anything about my life because you don't. And I have never played FIFA on psOne let alone now that I'm approaching my 40s. Only have time for real footie and watching the Arsenal.

Secondly. This is a Arsenal forums. The whole point of us posting here is to comment on games. Including team selection and tactics. If you don't like that go and create a Whatsapp group with you and Geoff in it fgs!

Ospina starting might look like the right move on Wenger's part. But it also gives other players ideas. We needed Ospina because Arsène wanted his precious boy because Wojciech is a joke of a keeper. to go on loan. Now every player we need will threaten to leave if he doesn't get what he wants. And I mean every player, not only star players. Club comes first. And Arsenal Ospina should consider himself lucky tbh that we signed him. If you see it differently then that's your opinion. I won't call you a **** or a Jane because I disagree with it.​
FYP.

By the way. if you have not noticed, Ospina, has rightly mentioned by Wenger, is a great keeper in his own rights. So we should consider ourselves lucky that he stayed with us as a back up otherwise we would have been stuck with Chez or Martinez.

By the way, you wrote earlier you have been watching football for 40 yrs, but here you wrote you are approaching 40....Am I missing something? :rolleyes:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If you as a centre back go forward to the halfway line in an aggressive move and then don't win the ball, leaving space behind then you start a chain reaction in which all other defenders are playing catch up and at a disadvantage.

The centre back who did that was Koscielny. There were multiple errors leading up to the goal but as far as I can see it was Koscielny pushing up to make a tackle he was never going to make that started the chain reaction

N

NotAUserName

If you as a centre back go forward to the halfway line in an aggressive move and then don't win the ball, leaving space behind then you start a chain reaction in which all other defenders are playing catch up and at a disadvantage.

The centre back who did that was Koscielny. There were multiple errors leading up to the goal but as far as I can see it was Koscielny pushing up to make a tackle he was never going to make that started the chain reaction
And Koscielny would never have had to push-up if Coquelin was not playing that high up the pitch (higher than Santi) or at least tried to pick up an opponent in the middle.

Still, Koscielny should have shouted at Coquelin to mark the opponent instead of stepping out of his defensive line.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Cech was unlucky on the Southampton goal imo. Did well to reach it. Made some big saves later in the match too.

I thought he should have been a little bit closer to the line. Would have gave him a little bit more time to get across to the shot and he could have found it easier to tip the shot over (and as a consequence, his body would have been out of the way to stop the freak OG.)

It's not a big deal but why not try our second choice keeper for a game? He's David Ospina, not Manuel Almunia.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Veratti second yellow has been rescinded by UEFA and given instead to Marquinhos. Not sure why Arsenal did not appeal Giroud's second yellow as well.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Because Giroud is acting a clown and has no excuse. The second yellow was always coming.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
I understand the frustration but why the **** do you need to make fun of his last name?
It's more making fun of myself for being unable to spell his last name. No disrespect to the guy's name. I didn't want to look it up and spend more time thinking about the bastard that was mugging our players without penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom