• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Are we hit rock bottom now ? Or rock bottom is up ahead still waiting for us ?

We're past the abyss, as much as Henry Winter would like to say otherwise.

It'll take amazing effort by all involved to get us to rock bottom :lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The full podcast is enlightening. Even the English journos covering us are embarrassed.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Wenger wasn't on the pitch tonight. Gabriel, Ox, Walcott, Gibbs, Coq are not good enough and you can add Ramsey to that as well. They make simple mistakes every game and it costs us, they're injury prone, and not consistent.

Yes, you can blame Wenger for for sticking with them, yes Wenger's time's up.

But even Alf Ramsey himself couldn't turn those players into a team that will do anything in Europe or the league. The do not have the quality.
Agree wholeheartedly with this post.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The full podcast is enlightening. Even the English journos covering us are embarrassed.

Will listen to the podcast, but cannot say I will enjoy it. I don't mind when we as Arsenal fans slag our own club, but when it comes from supporters from other teams or from pundits I usually just get angry. I understand and even agree with their points but **** is it hard to stomach. That's why I have a lot of time for the guys on Arsenal Fan TV but cannot stand the likes of the Neville brothers.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Will listen to the podcast, but cannot say I will enjoy it. I don't mind when we as Arsenal fans slag our own club, but when it comes from supporters from other teams or from pundits I usually just get angry. I understand and even agree with their points but **** is it hard to stomach. That's why I have a lot of time for the guys on Arsenal TV but cannot stand the likes of the Neville brothers.

All the fans sounding off in the podcast are Arsenal fans. BBC didn't need to go to rival supporters for criticisms. As a matter of fact, I don't think any of the journos enjoyed knocking us tonight. It sounded to me like they all felt the loss, and what it means for the club.

Aevi

Hale End FC
This loss has probably somewhat damaged our reputation as one of the "bigger teams", it was pretty humiliating. We need to come back strong in the second leg and win the match. Maybe not on aggregate, but any win would at least show we're still a force to be reckoned with.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This loss has probably somewhat damaged our reputation as one of the "bigger teams", it was pretty humiliating. We need to come back strong in the second leg and win the match. Maybe not on aggregate, but any win would at least show we're still a force to be reckoned with.
I fear now that some of our elite players will walk after this, they won't take defeats like this.

BobP

Memri Fan

We stopped being a force to be reckoned with long ago, a pride salvaging win in the second leg won't change that.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We stopped being a force to be reckoned with long ago, a pride salvaging win in the second leg won't change that.
We've still always been a very respected side though, and expected to be on the up. Wenger was under less scrutiny and seen in a better light than I expect he's about to be. With this loss, we've basically cemented out reputation as "the littlest of the big boys". Something really needs to change now.

Hunter Zolomon

What part of, 'You can blame Wenger for sticking with those players', don't you understand.

And nearly all those players in the list cost peanuts in football terms. And it shows.
This guy makingtrax seems to forget we struggle to beat teams that cost less than ours. Pochettino would not lose this way. And starting Özil has nothing to do with money but tactical ineptitude.

Hunter Zolomon

How many times are they going to have to beat us 5-1 to change this statement of yours?

There is not a single player in our team that would start in that Bayern XI. Sanchez might, and he's by far and away our best player.
You think stoke would have folded like a cheap suit last night?

Hunter Zolomon

We didnt capitulate simply because Bayern have a better side. If you truly believe that's as deep as it goes, then I'm at a loss. We;ve done this against inferior opposition recently at the same stage ffs! Monaco 3-1, AC Milan 4-0. How many examples do you need?
Sad isn't it, he is clearly deluded. Dont waste ur time, its never Wenger's fault, its all squad costs.

skip spence

Talk me through this one please.

Only watched the second half in a bar. Initially we seemed to carry a threat at least but when they scored they completely embarrassed us, the proverbial men against boys. I felt like a ring-side coach watching his favourite adept getting pummelled by a much stronger fighter. Throw the towel already!

How could we even stay at 1-1 at HT?

You can talk about tactics all day but the players out there last night were simply not good enough collectively. We have too many piss-average players, especially but not limited to in midfield.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom