• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Ospina​

Gabriel-Mustafi-Koscielny-Monreal

Bellerin-Chamberlain-Xhaka-Gibbs

Özil​

Alexis​

#PrayforArsenal

We need to pack the mid and back. That's exactly how to do it. Bayern have had the most trouble penetrating defences this season, but they do have pace on the wings with Costa, Coman, Renato, and Robben, so our wide back will have their roles cut out for them.

Where this formation falls to pieces is the counter. Are we gonna depend on Bellerin and Gibbs to provide the counter offensive alongside Özil? Neither are good enough passers or crossers. Or is it gonna be long balls and through balls from Xhaka & Ox through a pretty formidable Bayern midfield?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It'll probably be...

Ospina
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs
Xhaka Coquelin
Chamberlain Özil Iwobi
Alexis
Ox will retain his place in the team but Xhaka's return means he'll likely be forced out wide. Can't see Wenger dropping Coquelin for a game away to Bayern, it's probably one of the fixtures where he feels Coq is most needed. Gibbs will probably stay because of his pace. Iwobi's good in possession so he'll more than likely retain his place, tho you could make an argument for Wenger using Welbeck there or even Walcott right with Ox left so we have a threat on the break.

To say we need a big performance is an understatement. We did beat Bayern not so long ago though and this Bayern aren't exactly better than Pep's one.

Keep the faith.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Think we have a some chance to win against them.It really depends which Bayern and Arsenal turn around this time.They didn't impress with their game this season but players like Robben and Lewa can make the difference.On the bright side,their defence isn't quite good for such a strong team so there is always a chance to score.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ospina
Bellerin - - - Mustafi - - - Koscielny - - - Gibbs
- - - - Chamberlain - Xhaka - Elneny
Walcott - - - - - - - - -Alexis - - - - - - - - - - Özil

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We need to pack the mid and back. That's exactly how to do it. Bayern have had the most trouble penetrating defences this season, but they do have pace on the wings with Costa, Coman, Renato, and Robben, so our wide back will have their roles cut out for them.

Where this formation falls to pieces is the counter. Are we gonna depend on Bellerin and Gibbs to provide the counter offensive alongside Özil? Neither are good enough passers or crossers. Or is it gonna be long balls and through balls from Xhaka & Ox through a pretty formidable Bayern midfield?
We go for the draw, or steal it. If we play wengerball we're toast. So my point was please be defensive. Protect Monreal, don't play a midfield two, don't play Theo who's useless.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Have we ever had Welbeck available when we've played them before? I remember him tearing them apart for Utd a few years ago, was even had a perfectly good goal ruled out.

The Gooner

Anything other than this and It'll end 12-0 instead of 10-0.

Ospina
Bellerin Holding Koscielny Monreal
Elneny Coquelin Ox
Iwobi Alexis Welbeck
Today reminded me that Gibbs is even worse than Monreal. We're gonna get bummed down our left, another game I'll have to turn off after 25 mins.

Are you serious? Coq? If he plays then I think we're going to lose by at least two goal. Rob has been good but a game of this magnitude is still too early for him to start.

The Gooner

If Coq starts in midfield against Vidal, Xabi and Alcantara with Robben and Costa in the wings and Lewandowki up top then we're toast. The tie will be over in the first leg itself.

Nonetheless a clean sheet must be our first priority. Hopefully we can score an away goal. Arsenal style tiki taka is not likely to work.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Alexis
Welbeck --------- AOC ---------- Özil
Elneny ------- Xhaka
Monreal - Kos - Mustafi - Bellerin
Ospina​

I'd have the same line up but set it up as.

--Xhaka----------Ox
----------El Neny-----

Unfortunately there is no way Walcott, Iwobi and Coq will be dropped.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I'd drop both Iwobi and Walcott as we'll get absolutely slaughtered if our wingers don't provide proper defensive support to our fullbacks. Don't like shunting Ox out wide after his last two games but I don't trust any other wide player bar Danny to do his defensive duties.

Ospina
Bellerin - Mustafi - Kos - Monreal
Ox - Elneny - Xhaka - Welbeck
Özil
Alexis​

Park the bus, hit them on the break, steal a good result.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
On the basis that a draw away is better than defeat, I'd go with this. We would also have the chance to hit them on the break.

------------------Ospina

Bellerin --- Mustafi ----Kos --- Monreal

-------Elneny ----Ox---- Xhaka

Özil--------------Alexis----------Welbeck

(Perez on for Welbeck when required)

Last edited:

kopzilla

Always Negative
We'll lose 5-0. "Mentally" we are never ready and given the circumstances we are in the league following the Watford defeat, I'll bet my house that we'll lose atleast by 3 goals.

Sanchez and Özil probably are already thinking about playing for other clubs.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Going by the way we started against Chelsea I'm guessing we'll go with Elneny, Ox and either Coq or Xhaka in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom