• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trippyhippy

Ospina
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs

Xhaka
ox Eelneny

Perez Welbeck Sanchez

This team right here would get a result. There is plenty of pace and all these players put a shift in and press. I would have put Özil in but he is such bad form and he can't even get passes right. I know a lot of you think we need to put in our most expensive signing but if we really want to win we can't have any passengers. I would play him at the emirates because he does play better at home than tough away games. Wenger will obviously play him, and Walcott so I feel we will probably lose 2-1 or 3-1. I'm quite frustrated because I know this squad has so much talent in it and with the right tactics i.e sitting back and defending we would be able to give Bayern a nice shock.

Preacher

Always Crying
Blast from the past.
Very nice analysis and deep insight of the game, that we won against Bayern in 2015. I know, they have other manager now and probably different approach(I have not seen a lot of Bayern this season), but still it's nice to remember our last victory against them.

MATHEO

Any Keeper
Bellerin Kostafi Monreal
Elneny Xhaka
Welbeck Özil Ox
Sanchez

We need speed And skill on the flanks to progress forward on the pitch, its so tempting to drop Özil but it seems criminal to do so

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Ospina​

Gabriel-Mustafi-Koscielny-Monreal

Bellerin-Chamberlain-Xhaka-Gibbs

Özil​

Alexis​

#PrayforArsenal
I'd probably swap Welbeck for Gibbs. We need someone with the ability to go back and forth the whole 90 minutes. We need to stifle Bayern with only three to four right up top at any time.

Silvinho's ball bag

Blast from the past.
Very nice analysis and deep insight of the game, that we won against Bayern in 2015. I know, they have other manager now and probably different approach(I have not seen a lot of Bayern this season), but still it's nice to remember our last victory against them.
Why can't we skip through it? WTF is this format?

The Gooner

I have seen Bayern for quite some time now and pressing them and closing them down in your own half and then hitting on the counter is the best way team's score against them.

We'll need players with pace to do that. A 433 won't be a bad option.

Perez Alexis Welbeck
Elneny Ox Xhaka
Monreal Kostafi Hector
Ospina

Subs: Giroud, AMN and maybe Özil

Özil, Walcott and Coq have been very poor and starting them just because of reputation will not be the best idea. Select players in form rather than banking on reputation. Özil does well at home but goes missing in tough away games.

TBH,as long as Walcott isn't in the squad,I'll retain a small grain of hope.
And Coq stays on the bench.

Original_AAA

I'm guessing for a 4-1 defeat. In this match our defending will be horrible and painful to watch. Giroud header in the 67th minute will give us a small glimmer of hope. Then we will enter the return leg after a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool with everybody writing us of.

However we'll be all over them and go into half time with a 2-0 lead after a brace from Sanchez. In the second half we will have all the pressure, but in the 70th minute or so they will counter attack after a failed pass. In the 89th minute Giroud powers in a brilliant header and it's game on again, but nothing materializes in the dying minutes and we're out.

At least that's what history tells me will happen. ;-)

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli

Perez Alexis Welbeck
Elneny Ox Xhaka
Monreal Kostafi Hector
Ospina

I like this idea. Rest Özil so he can pass it through Sutton's defense;)
Sadly I think it's gonna be 1-3 at Allianz and then something like a 4-3 win for us at the Emirates after it's too late to matter on aggregate. Hope I'm wrong and Sanogo leads us to victory...

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I have seen Bayern for quite some time now and pressing them and closing them down in your own half and then hitting on the counter is the best way team's score against them.

Perez Alexis Welbeck
Elneny Ox Xhaka
Monreal Kostafi Hector
Ospina

Özil, Walcott and Coq have been very poor and starting them just because of reputation will not be the best idea. Select players in form rather than banking on reputation. Özil does well at home but goes missing in tough away games.

And Coq stays on the bench.

That's a 3-3-3 I would slot Kos in at the back, think we'll need 11 for this game :) Also Özil will play, you dont go to Germany and leave one of the best German players at home. I would put him on the RW though and Welbeck on the LW.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would play Welbeck upfront as we need Alexis deeper helping us move the ball forward.

Saying that fully expect Giroud to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom