• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

What has changed at Bayern since Ancelotti replaced Guardiola?

To keep it simple: everything. I’ve been following Bayern in detail over a number of years and it’s a completely different style of football now. There’s much less creativity, intensity and structure; the quality of passing and positioning has reduced dramatically. Many supporters are confused that Ancelotti has changed so much in a relatively short period of time.

Pep is obviously known for his precise instructions regarding what kind of action each player is expected to do at each moment. It seems that it’s not important for Ancelotti how Bayern play, only that they win – no matter whether it’s attractive. Especially in 2017, it’s certainly not. But Ancelotti is considered to be a coach for the second half of the season. He’s quite relaxed so it’s fair to say he presumably has a plan. Arsenal will be the first match to really prove him right or wrong in his approach."

How do you think they will line up? Any tactical surprises?

I don’t expect a revolution. Ancelotti speaks more about “mentality, personality, character” than the line-up. In Ingolstadt on Saturday he chose a 4-3-2-1-system without a real player on the wing. It wasn’t very entertaining. Now it’s mainly about Douglas Costa or Thomas Muller because Ribery is still injured. Muller is not really suitable as a left winger, which makes me think that Costa will start, with Thiago being a number 10 again. The Spaniard made his comeback last week and is arguably Bayern’s key player.

2024203.jpg

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football...nal-have-a-real-chance_sto6058201/story.shtml

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Bayern Munich ace Arturo Vidal urges Arsenal not to be defensive ahead of Champions League clash

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/13/artur...ng-bayern-munich-clash-6445746/#ixzz4Ya2TblZA

Of course he does. That's because this Bayern team can't break down defences to save their lives, and have about as much creativity in the final 3rd as Everton (oops).
If we come at them like RB Leipzig did, we will be trashed. We have to sit back and look for the counter.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
If Alonso is out, which is likely, Thiago will probably drop deeper, and Muller will come in as 10.

blaise

I think Özil could really be out for this game. Remember couple of years ago before 2nd game vs Bayern when Wenger suddenly dropped Vermaelen and Szczesny which were basically undroppable at time, it galvanized the team to win that game and we finished on a high note with FA cup win.

Think something similar could happen. Özil could be dropped for couple of games. We will play quite defensive probably and we need runners in midfield , not ghosts for this game. Also Wenger is probably angry on team and some players and he needs to show everybody that nobody is untouchable, it worked before, so I wont be surprised to see it again. Özil played below his abilities lots of our games in Germany as I remember anyway.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I hope we crush them! I don't hate them but we are due a win against this lot to advance. I am going for a 3-3 aggregate score with us winning it in penalties at home.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Every positive thing that gets posted in this thread makes me more pessimistic about this game.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Alonso being a doubt could play into Bayern's hands. It'll probably force Ancelotti to play with some real width.

I don't believe anything regarding Özil being dropped, and unless he's being sold it's just avoiding the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom